News:

PD.com: "the lot of you are some of the most vicious, name calling, vile examples of humanity I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with.  Even attempting to mimic the general mood of the place toward people who think differently leaves a slimy feel on my skin.  Reptilian, even."

Main Menu

All Tarkovsky Films Now Free Online

Started by minuspace, July 15, 2010, 07:11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minuspace

...  talk about time machines  :lulz:
http://www.openculture.com/2010/07/tarkovksy.html

I post this not just because I am a personal fan, but just in case someone missed this auteur, it is my moral obligation to introduce him to you, as he is a diplomat of the future, of sorts...

To not waste time, start with "The Stalker" (or "Zone"), and wow from there, even though he may still have had a few things to think through, his aesthetics are impeccable.  That, added to a metaphysical whirl, and you see why he deserves more credit for all the concepts that were ripped from him, repeatedly...

DiscoUkulele

Awesome! I've only seen Solaris and Andrei Rublev, but I really enjoyed both of them. (Well... I kinda had a moral issue with a scene in Andrei Rublev...)

I've been meaning to check out his other stuff.

Thanks a lot!
You shouldn't let poets lie to you.
                                 - Bjork

minuspace

ty for the ty (for the ty) - Andrei Rublev, want to talk ikons or blimps?  Memory is overrated (so I forget the scene you are referring to  :oops: ?

Jasper

Oh man I suck.  I thought this thread meant Tartakovsky - Genndy Tartakovsky.  :lol:

DiscoUkulele

Quote from: minuspace on July 19, 2010, 11:10:20 AM
ty for the ty (for the ty) - Andrei Rublev, want to talk ikons or blimps?  Memory is overrated (so I forget the scene you are referring to  :oops: ?

There's a scene where they kill a horse, and they actually killed it. No special effects or anything.
You shouldn't let poets lie to you.
                                 - Bjork

minuspace

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: Sigmatic on July 19, 2010, 05:44:18 PM
Oh man I suck.  I thought this thread meant Tartakovsky - Genndy Tartakovsky.  :lol:

Same here.