News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

Radio Free Discordia

Started by Mourning Star, April 28, 2008, 06:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Also:  Meme-Bomb bumpers. 

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Suu

I could probably do an hour every night...consisting of rather mainstream progressive rock and industrial music...maybe some Italo for 000.

Also...in addition to meme-bomb bumpers, we need parody commercials. Especially for things like WOMP Juice, Spagwear, and other oddities.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

I think I have the begininng of the "We're the friendly people" Subgenius rant somewhere.  That would make a good commercial.

Suu

Dooo eeeet.

I need to compile an list of obnoxious tunes worthy for psuedo-broadcast.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Lies

I'm interested, I'll say that much for now.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Mourning Star

I'm thinking about asking "Emmanuel Goldstein" if he'd mind us simulcasting "Off The Hook" on Wed nights.

something tells me he'd be down with it.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I was once upon a time a DJ, I've got all the Open Source toys necessary (for some of my other projects). In fact, we could probably even include a "Call In" show using Skype or another VoIP option...

Rushed Limpballs - Ex-Lints In Broadcastin'
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

stmae

I'd do it every once in a while. I'm an award winning public speaker, and I have a huge music collection.
Episkopos Pope Saint Mae Victoria the Red Sage, KSC
Church of No Dead Saints, Discordian.com

Xooxe

I could easily contribute with something, anything.

Count me in. I'll keep an eye on this here thread.

Cainad (dec.)

For the next few months, my current timezone means that I could dominate the late-night/early-morning live broadcasts. Which would be great because no human being should be subjected to my productions on a regular basis.

Mourning Star

Well, next thing we'd need to figure out, is how many users, on average, and peak, do you think we'll have?

I don't wanna drop 50 bucks a month on a server that allows 100 listeners, if we only have 5 or 6...

Also, I can't really AFFORD to drop that kinda money if it's just going to waste.

Also I'm looking into licensing and royalty agreements so I don't get sued when we start playing ©'d songs and what not.

Roger, I don't suppose you'd be willing to record some of your rants for mass-communication?

bringdownthesystem

I like this day and will support in any way necessary. Just tell me what.

Mourning Star

Quote from: bringdownthesystem on April 29, 2008, 05:16:10 AM
I like this day and will support in any way necessary. Just tell me what.

Pay the monthly server fees?  lol

Mourning Star

Okay.  So I've done a lot of research, and honestly, I don't want to go to jail for using © materials and musics without the proper licensing, so I've looked into the options, and we can get legal hosting, and licensing and they cover all royalty expenses.

It will cost 60 dollars a month for 25 listeners at 128Kbps or 105 dollars for 50 listeners.

Basically, if 11 other people are interested in being a DJ, or doing a show, or whatever, and can pay the pittance of 5 dollars a month to help me pay the bill, we can get a 25 listener server.

if 19 or more others are interested we can get a 50 listener server.

I'd love to just drop the cash and pay for it all, but I really really can't afford it.  5 dollars a month is pretty fair.

Please post and let me know if you're still willing and interested and can swing $5 a month.  I will set up a paypal account for the radio station if people are still interested.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

i do it.

prepare for fred's cRap hour!!!