News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

Radio Free Discordia

Started by Mourning Star, April 28, 2008, 06:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev.Spade

I could also help out with podcasts. I could send them via email or from a megaupload link to download.
Like the other one said, it's mostly gonna be music (especially rare underground stuff), me talking about random stuff and random stuff.

Another idea is that when you do the streams, record them so that we can download them anytime if some of us missed them due to timezones and work schedules...

Triple Zero

Rev. Spade: Awesome! Go for it! Don't worry about getting the mp3 to us, we'll figure out a way. Just start recording that shit ;-)

Also, downloads, you gotta ask MS about his ideas on that (it's a radio stream, after all). And I'm not sure how it is with licenses and copyrights. Also we'll be doing lots of reruns anyway, so you get to catch what you want sooner or later.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Rev.Spade

Triple Zero : Ok, well, I'll try to start on it tonight. But I am such a lazy bastard sometimes... I have lots of nice ideas but as soon as I see the icon to a video game on my desktop, i forget my idea.  :mrgreen:

EDIT : I received UNEXPECTED MONEY in the mail today. So I gonna go to my favorite hookah lounge and start writing scripts for the podcasts :D

Cramulus

RFD.org needs a shoutbox.

Also, tune in now to hear awful limericks and other crap from my playlist.

LMNO

SHITFUCKDAMN.

I can't stream it on my iPhone.

Work won't let me stream it through their firewall.

SHITFUCKDAMN.

Cramulus

you're missing some epic terrible limericks

there will be pirate stories later

LMNO

Hold on, I'm checking for Apps...

LMNO

Oh, frabjous day!  I can now listen on my iPhone!

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SPAGGOTRY!?    :x

LMNO

Ok, SRSLY?  Video game soundtracks?

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Rev.Spade on April 06, 2009, 06:38:06 PM
Triple Zero : Ok, well, I'll try to start on it tonight. But I am such a lazy bastard sometimes... I have lots of nice ideas but as soon as I see the icon to a video game on my desktop, i forget my idea.  :mrgreen:

EDIT : I received UNEXPECTED MONEY in the mail today. So I gonna go to my favorite hookah lounge and start writing scripts for the podcasts :D

put your game icons in a folder on your desktop, it'll help you focus on the stuff that is more fun in the long run and as a added bonus it will speed up your comp a bit.

Videogame soundtracks are awesome! moar plx
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Cramulus

Quote from: LMNO on April 09, 2009, 01:56:49 PM
Ok, SRSLY?  Video game soundtracks?

:lulz:

My playlist is looping, and yes, there's a bit of Megaman II on it. But listen carefully - it is said that the secret to eternal life is hidden somewhere within the 8-bit chiptune.

and if you can't hear it, well at least all the megaman II tracks are only a minute long.

LMNO

So, since I can't broadcast on a Mac, should I be sending you my audacity podcast mixes?

Cramulus

the thing is, I'm actually at work while my playlist loops at home. So sending me stuff at the moment won't work. But generally yeah, it looks like I can now turn on shoutcasting and play any mp3 on the air.

oddly enough, the work firewall is giving me a hard time so I can't listen to my own bullshit!  :argh!:

LMNO

So, you just hit "play" on your winamp and left to go to work?

:lol:

Cramulus

yeah, I figured since nobody else was broadcasting, I'd fill up some airtime!  :lulz:

I did craft the playlist though. This is mostly from my "miscellaneous" folder, which is loaded with Klaus Nomi and William Shatner. And of course THE FROGS.

and somewhere in here, there's about 25 minutes of pirate stories.