News:

PD.com: More merciless than a statue of Ming.

Main Menu

Radio Free Discordia

Started by Mourning Star, April 28, 2008, 06:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev.Spade

ALL HAIL DISCORDIA

MY EPISODE ONE IS COMPLETE!!!!!!!!1eleventy

Download here : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9GZCYOKN

This episode we take a look (and abuse) of the word f.u.c.k.

Mourning Star

Will give it a listen.  any particular date and time you'd like it broadcast?

Mourning Star

Okay, just an announcement to all current RFD DJs, you need to make absolutely sure you are broadcasting using the mp3 encoder at 128K Stereo, as there is now an intro file that will play when people connect to the stream, and shoutcast has a problem with not working correctly if the intro file isn't matched to the bitrate/samplerate of the stream.

As always, direct questions to me if there is confusion.

Rev.Spade

Quote from: Mourning Star on May 04, 2009, 07:37:43 AM

Any time's good really. I'll try to encode 128k stereo. I am still a n00b at those things but I gonna find a way

Mourning Star

Quote from: Rev.Spade on May 04, 2009, 09:36:00 AM
Quote from: Mourning Star on May 04, 2009, 07:37:43 AM

Any time's good really. I'll try to encode 128k stereo. I am still a n00b at those things but I gonna find a way
No worry as to what you encode at, it's just a matter of the people actually broadcasting it over the streaming server, they need to make sure their broadcast encoder is set correctly.

regardless of what you encode in in the file you provide to us,  it will be transcoded to the correct rate.

Rev.Spade

great! Then i'll keep on doing that. Is there any rate of new episodes I should respect for RFD? One per week?

Mourning Star

Honestly you're free to update as often as you please.  If you're going to deliver a solid 1 show a week, then I will add you to a slot on the schedule.

Rev.Spade

great! I'll try my best to update once a week :D

LMNO

I'm working on an Attention Whore mix courtesy of Earfatigue Productions, but it's looking like it's 2 hours long.

Is that cool?

Mourning Star

It's REALLY cool.

MOAR CONTENT GOOD!

Ari

I've been gathering some tunes for a more electronical set. Just have to find the time to mix and record the damn thing.
Should be done at some point in the future.  :roll:
パンクビッチ

Telarus

I plan on 'casting my 5th Circuit Eclectia Mix TODAY @ 3:45pm Pacific (6:45 EST). Tune in, spag out.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Crazzee

I've been planning on recording me babbling about stuff for a good long while now. I could probably fit in about 20-30 minutes a week of prerecorded stuff, if you'd like it. No promises on the weekly right now, I may be going away to Germany for a while pretty soon, but I can most likely fit it all in once I'm home again.
So, yeah, I'll get recording something, a sort of talk show or something, and hopefully I can get a weekly out, if y'all like it.
>_>

Cramulus

Crazzee

Hmm. I'm running into a sort of problem. The plan was to talk/rant for a few minutes, then play a song or two, then rant, play song, repeat until I hit enough time, but I don't have any music to play. Anywhere I can find and download unlicensed/kopylefted music to play?

EDIT: Or can we play copyrighted music? I've got plenty of that...
>_>