News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

Radio Free Discordia

Started by Mourning Star, April 28, 2008, 06:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roaring Biscuit!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Roaring Biscuit! on August 03, 2009, 12:41:16 AM
hmmm....

better/worse?

he has a good beard...

Is that the guy who does the background music for NPR?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Feh. If most people don't hate it, you can't really call it experimental, can you? Experimental music involves taking risks (i.e., putting out bullshit that even you yourself would be hard pressed to call 'good'). If you already know that people will like it, it's not really an experiment.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on August 03, 2009, 12:45:40 AM
Feh. If most people don't hate it, you can't really call it experimental, can you? Experimental music involves taking risks (i.e., putting out bullshit that even you yourself would be hard pressed to call 'good'). If you already know that people will like it, it's not really an experiment.

Shut the fuck up, Enki.  If we wanted any lip out of you, we'd rattle our zippers.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Roaring Biscuit!

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 03, 2009, 12:44:47 AM
Quote from: Roaring Biscuit! on August 03, 2009, 12:41:16 AM
hmmm....

better/worse?

he has a good beard...

Is that the guy who does the background music for NPR?

:lulz:

QuoteFeh. If most people don't hate it, you can't really call it experimental, can you? Experimental music involves taking risks (i.e., putting out bullshit that even you yourself would be hard pressed to call 'good'). If you already know that people will like it, it's not really an experiment.

and thats just bullshittt...  ive written at least one perfectly listenable experimental piece, someone even asked for a copy of it when i realised i hated it and permanently removed it from existence.  but it wasn't experimental in the normal sense (rog's sense :P), it was just me trying to piss of classical music theorists...  by writing a song in a time signature nicknamed "the Unicorn"

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Roaring Biscuit! on August 03, 2009, 12:49:34 AM
QuoteFeh. If most people don't hate it, you can't really call it experimental, can you? Experimental music involves taking risks (i.e., putting out bullshit that even you yourself would be hard pressed to call 'good'). If you already know that people will like it, it's not really an experiment.

and thats just bullshittt...  ive written at least one perfectly listenable experimental piece, someone even asked for a copy of it when i realised i hated it and permanently removed it from existence.  but it wasn't experimental in the normal sense (rog's sense :P), it was just me trying to piss of classical music theorists...  by writing a song in a time signature nicknamed "the Unicorn"

How does that contradict with what I wrote? I write experimental music, and some of it turns out alright. My point is that if you already know that there is a group who won't consider it ear rape, it's not really experimental because there is nothing it is testing.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Roaring Biscuit!

uuhh.. actually i don't think it does...  i blame internets.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on August 03, 2009, 12:54:19 AM
How does that contradict with what I wrote? I write experimental music, and some of it turns out alright. My point is that if you already know that there is a group who won't consider it ear rape, it's not really experimental because there is nothing it is testing.

Translation:  You write drek in an effort to be "arty", and yet you STILL can't get laid.

Poor Enki.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 03, 2009, 12:55:28 AM

Translation:  You write drek in an effort to be "arty", and yet you STILL can't get laid.

Poor Enki.

I write drek in an attempt to get people to call my drek arty. I fully consider it to be drek. Were I attempting to BE arty, I wouldn't call my own stuff drek.

fomenter

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 03, 2009, 12:55:28 AM

Poor Enki.
his music just needs more magic and sigel charging then he will get laid STILL not get laid
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Rococo Modem Basilisk

If my intent were to get laid, I'd be spending my time getting a job and a driver's license, not making shitty music.

My intent is to make shitty music.

fomenter

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on August 03, 2009, 01:05:51 AM
If my intent were to get laid, I'd be spending my time getting a job and a driver's license, not making shitty music.

:lulz:  its good to be a success at what you set out to do..
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on August 03, 2009, 01:05:51 AM

IMA CHARGIN' MY LAZOR SIGIL!

Mourning Star

My music sucks.  I don't call it experimental anymore.  I just call it "noise I came up with while on drugs."

Roaring Biscuit!

Quote from: Broken AI on August 03, 2009, 10:48:34 AM
my music PD.com is so experimental that its use on civilians is banned as a war crime.

fixxed