News:

I WILL KILL A MOTHERFUCKER.

Main Menu

Radio Free Discordia

Started by Mourning Star, April 28, 2008, 06:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Payne

Quote from: Broken AI on August 03, 2009, 10:48:34 AM
my music is so experimental that its use on civilians is banned as a war crime.

:lol:

B-AI still considers Waterboarding (with urine) to be music. I tried to explain it to him, but his program has so many errors I don't think I ever got beyond explaining that it wasn't a combination of Waterman and Keyboarding.

Telarus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 02, 2009, 11:28:58 PM
Quote from: 冷蔵庫 ც℧ℜℕ∫ on August 02, 2009, 11:24:14 PM
I'd love to hear what Roger would come up with.

Rolling Stones, Elton John (early stuff), Boz Skaggs, Johnny Cash, the very last things Elvis did, and They Might Be Giants.  Also, Iason's kitten xylophone.

For starters.

None of this fucking "experimental" music (translation:  We didn't put in the effort to learn our trade).  No Jazz (4 different guys playing 4 different songs in the same room at the same time).  Perhaps the sound of Enki being hit by a cement truck, though.

:fuckmittens: and win to this and all of the last 2 pages.  :lulz:

Hey, do we have a 'nominate for submission in Intermittens' emote yet? That'd be a handy graphic.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cramulus

Payne

Roaring Biscuit!

Payne

Quote from: Broken AI on August 03, 2009, 09:44:22 PM
you can't HANDLE THE GUTS!

Ach, I see that every damn morning before I even have my coffee.

You're going to have to try harder than that little man.

Payne

Okay, maybe you have the guts.

LMNO

The last three pages are pretty much the reason I wrote "WARNING: Accesible" on my Bring and Brag post for Frost Heaves.

Kai

I write ambient classical guitar, mostly. Its nice to listen to. Strong feeling of mono no aware.

I guarantee you that if it was on the radio no one would listen to it.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have a bit of it on my ipod and I listen to it quite often, actually.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

I put on Cain's "This time it's Personell" mixtape, it's pretty fucking swote. Not the stuff I'd normally listen, so refreshing and angry :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

StoneCrowUK

i have winamp and the plugin, i dunno where to go from there, but i think i need server access or summthing so i can test my speed to see if its guud enuff

sc.....;D
Initialising...
Disabling logic...
Enabling Lurk-Mode

Triple Zero

I finally managed to write a Twitterbot for the Radio Free Discordia. Follow @RadioDiscord on Twitter and you will receive a tweet whenever the stream goes online.

Except that by now it seems hardly anyone is broadcasting anymore. But I guess that was due to a lack of audience, which in its turn was probably caused by a complete lack of knowing when the stream is actually up (just that we have a schedule doesnt mean we keep to it, heh).

Also, a note for the DJs: For technical reasons I built the twitterbot into the radiofreediscordia.org website, because that's where the sidebar info thingy also checks if the stream is online. This means that the twitterbot will only send a tweet the first time someone loads/refreshes the radiofreediscordia.org website after the stream status has changed from offline to online.
I have no idea how many hits radiofreediscordia.org gets, so you probably want to load and refresh radiofreediscordia.org right after you start broadcasting (check if the site says the stream is online, if so, a tweet should arrive within a minute or so).

Hope this new feature will get the radio off the ground again.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mourning Star

Yeah!  Great work Trip!

anothre issue with rfd is that I simply don't have time to be the sole administrator.  I could use a staff, people to update the schedule, and add new people, and help them get off the ground with the server info and helping them figure out how to broadcast...

any takers?