News:

PD.com: "I'M MADDER THAN FISH GREASE!"

Main Menu

Victim mentality

Started by Cain, April 29, 2008, 01:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verbal Mike

Quote from: Muffled Phosphor on May 05, 2008, 07:09:45 PM
As for their right to bitch and moan, fuck them.  Yeah, they got butt hurt by the Nazis.  I bet that sucked, but it's no worse than what they've done to others.  In fact, reading up on what they did to the Canaanites, what Hitler's boys did was the equivalent of a schoolyard prank.  So, no, they have no right to bitch.  Not then, not now, not ever.

More to the point, if they truly were being victimized they would keep their filthy mouths shut.  Since they don't it is painfully obvious that they are no longer being oppressed, abused, persecuted, or bulldozed into mass graves.
Fuck you. Name one nation with military supremacy that didn't massacre its enemies like the Israelites did the Canaanites.
Comparing that with the Holocaust isn't bigoted, it's just retarded. What you're saying is that me and my family shouldn't complain about my grandma's little brother being hauled off to Poland from his home in Germany and gassed to death, because a few hundred generations ago people with a precursor to my sister's religion and possibly some genetic material of ours conquered and massacred another people (or whatever they did.) Even if that weren't simply the thing you do after conquering someone back then - which I think it was - the comparison is stupid.
But you're just trolling me, right?
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Dido

Quote from: Verbatim on May 05, 2008, 10:22:34 PM
Name one nation with military supremacy that didn't massacre a part of its population and then declare it its enemy like the Israelites did the Canaanites.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Muffled Phosphor on May 05, 2008, 07:09:45 PM

As for their right to bitch and moan, fuck them.  Yeah, they got butt hurt by the Nazis.  I bet that sucked, but it's no worse than what they've done to others.  In fact, reading up on what they did to the Canaanites, what Hitler's boys did was the equivalent of a schoolyard prank.  So, no, they have no right to bitch.  Not then, not now, not ever.

Oh, look.  Another lefty coming along to save us from the "ZIONAZIS".

That's even more boring than the right wingnuts coming along to save us from the "AY-RABS".

:kingmeh:

TGRR,
Wonders where all the cabbage came from.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Verbatim on May 05, 2008, 10:22:34 PM
Fuck you. Name one nation with military supremacy that didn't massacre its enemies like the Israelites did the Canaanites.
Comparing that with the Holocaust isn't bigoted, it's just retarded. What you're saying is that me and my family shouldn't complain about my grandma's little brother being hauled off to Poland from his home in Germany and gassed to death, because a few hundred generations ago people with a precursor to my sister's religion and possibly some genetic material of ours conquered and massacred another people (or whatever they did.) Even if that weren't simply the thing you do after conquering someone back then - which I think it was - the comparison is stupid.
But you're just trolling me, right?

how is that comparison retarded? because hitler was more efficient? or is it worse too massacre when you only kill a specific group of people?

oh noez! teh mass-murdering raping and pillaging soldiers are also racist!

Fuck you. War is always horrible.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Cain

I would think that the Holocaust was carried out in living memory would be reason enough why it takes precedence over ancient acts of genocide.

Furthermore, the Holocaust was not a military program designed to defeat an enemy, if anything it was a drain on military resources against a segment of the population in both the 'homeland' and conquered territories, based on a conspiracy theory.  There is absolutely no concievable military gain from such an internally directed and selective program of genocide whatsoever.  Following that logic, there would be sound military reasons for rounding up Poles, Czechs, Russians, the Frenc and British en masse.

If anything, the holocaust is reminiscent of the pogroms before the Crusades.  A bizzare and murderous display of 'purity' and eliminationism, to root out weak elements who were like a virus in the nation, according to the 'logic' of such actions.  And, strangely enough, this was justified on the old blood libel theory....the idea that Christians were the victims of Jewish perfidy.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Cain on May 06, 2008, 04:03:33 PM
Furthermore, the Holocaust was not a military program designed to defeat an enemy,

yes it was, just because the enemy is harmless the tactics to get rid of them don't change.

anyway more to the point:
you can bitch as much as you want about being a victim but please don't let it define you 'cause thats bad for you and your surroundings(and thats us you meanie!)

Regret
all for free speech but does not want people to talk themselves into a worse worldview.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Verbal Mike

Holocaust =/= War
How much have you studied the holocaust? It started by making it illegal for the "enemy" to hold positions in government and academia. Along with that came laws against "fraternizing with the enemy". The tactics were totally different from those of war, from the start of persecution, through the Final Solution, and until V-E Day.
But more to the point, what the Israelites did to the Canaanites has absolutely zilch to do with the holocaust. If the generations slaughtered in the holocaust were somehow directly responsible for hurting someone in a massive scale there would be some basis for such a comparison, perhaps. Maybe if the generations directly preceding my great grandparents had done something. Maybe. But the precursor ethnic group, 3 thousand years back (if not more)? Gimme a fucking break.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

hunter s.durden

Jesus, Canaanites?

Someone's doing some stretching here.
This space for rent.

Vene

Quote from: Regret on May 06, 2008, 05:07:55 PM
Furthermore, the Holocaust was not a military program designed to defeat an enemy,

yes it was, just because the enemy is harmless the tactics to get rid of them don't change.

you can bitch as much as you want about being a victim but please don't let it define you 'cause thats bad for you and your surroundings(and thats us you meanie!)

Regret
all for free speech but does not want people to talk themselves into a worse worldview.
:retard:

Killing civilians is not the same as killing soldiers.  It's a massacre.  If you can't see the difference you are a fucking moron.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Vene on May 06, 2008, 07:59:01 PM
Quote from: Regret on May 06, 2008, 05:07:55 PM

Regret
:retard:

Killing civilians is not the same as killing soldiers.  It's a massacre.  If you can't see the difference you are a fucking moron.

That's right, killing citizens is totally different than killing soldiers, because the soldiers are volunteers and chose to go into combat.... well, except for the conscripts and the draftees, but in WWII lots of those Germans CHOSE to fight. They had the option of vacationing in Dauchu instead.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

LMNO

Historical question:  Did Hitler "decalre war" on the Jews, or did he just decide to kill them all?

Roo

Quote from: Vene on May 06, 2008, 07:59:01 PM

Er...last time I checked, whenever large numbers of people get killed, it's a massacre.

LMNO

Except when it's Manifest Destiny, of course.

Verbal Mike

Quote from: LMNO on May 06, 2008, 08:15:18 PM
Historical question:  Did Hitler "decalre war" on the Jews, or did he just decide to kill them all?
Not properly. He made it clear that the Jews (and other groups, but primarily the Jews) were his enemy in the early thirties, but one of the main reasons the Jewry of Germany was so wholly wiped out was that the Jews here simply didn't believe it would ever get that bad, until it was too late. In my grandma's family, for instance, one brother and one sister of hers had left Germany before the war (iirc) but the rest of them simply stayed. I think she had several other siblings. During the war she alone managed to get away, training in Holland in preparation for going to Israel to help build up kibbutzes and whatnot. But then the Nazis took over Holland and she was sent around from camp to camp for a while. She survived because an uncle or something in Palestine requested she be brought there as part of a prisoner exchange between the Brits and the Krauts. There were Krauts of Templer origins stuck in Palestine under British control, and plenty of relatives of Palestine Jews stuck in the Third Reich. But after the one train in which my grandma was taken directly from Bergen-Belsen to Haifa (or was it Jaffa?) the Brits called off the exchange program.
Point is, most of her family was wiped out because even though the Nazis revoked their citizenship and seized their businesses, they were certain the whole thing would blow over.
I don't know of any "declaration of war" as such, but I do think Hitler made it clear Jews were amongst his enemies, early on. It was apparently not clear to most German Jews how far he would go.

-Verb,
wondering if he actually just wrote all that just to tell his grandma's story, or if there was a point.

hunter s.durden

Quote from: LMNO on May 06, 2008, 08:26:50 PM
Except when it's Manifest Destiny, of course.

My father honestly justifies the Indian massacres with "Well, it paved the way for the greatest nation ever."

And another piece falls into place.
This space for rent.