PD.com: We're not actually discordians

Main Menu

Victim mentality

Started by Cain, April 29, 2008, 01:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vene

Quote from: Guan Yin on May 06, 2008, 08:22:47 PM
Quote from: Vene on May 06, 2008, 07:59:01 PM
Killing civilians is not the same as killing soldiers.  It's a massacre.  If you can't see the difference you are a fucking moron.

Er...last time I checked, whenever large numbers of people get killed, it's a massacre.
True, but at least the soldiers knew what they were getting into.

And, honestly, I'm a bit shocked that anybody needs to say that the victims of the holocaust were legitimate victims.  What's next, do I have to say that more people than just the Jews were killed?

Verbal Mike

Those goddamned gypsies must have raped at least twenty women before the holocaust. They shouldn't bitch and moan about being rounded up an murdered, after that.
:rolleyes:
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Roo

Quote from: Vene on May 06, 2008, 09:14:07 PM
Killing civilians is not the same as killing soldiers.  It's a massacre.  If you can't see the difference you are a fucking moron.

Er...last time I checked, whenever large numbers of people get killed, it's a massacre.

And, honestly, I'm a bit shocked that anybody needs to say that the victims of the holocaust were legitimate victims.  What's next, do I have to say that more people than just the Jews were killed?

I'm not so sure any soldier really knows what they're getting into.

And I don't think anyone is arguing the fact that the victims of the holocaust were legitimate victims. I think the argument is over whether or not they are still being victimized, and imho, so long as people say things like they need to keep their filthy mouths shut...they are.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Verbatim on May 06, 2008, 09:09:08 PM
Quote from: LMNO on May 06, 2008, 08:15:18 PM
Historical question:  Did Hitler "decalre war" on the Jews, or did he just decide to kill them all?
Not properly. He made it clear that the Jews (and other groups, but primarily the Jews) were his enemy in the early thirties, but one of the main reasons the Jewry of Germany was so wholly wiped out was that the Jews here simply didn't believe it would ever get that bad, until it was too late. In my grandma's family, for instance, one brother and one sister of hers had left Germany before the war (iirc) but the rest of them simply stayed. I think she had several other siblings. During the war she alone managed to get away, training in Holland in preparation for going to Israel to help build up kibbutzes and whatnot. But then the Nazis took over Holland and she was sent around from camp to camp for a while. She survived because an uncle or something in Palestine requested she be brought there as part of a prisoner exchange between the Brits and the Krauts. There were Krauts of Templer origins stuck in Palestine under British control, and plenty of relatives of Palestine Jews stuck in the Third Reich. But after the one train in which my grandma was taken directly from Bergen-Belsen to Haifa (or was it Jaffa?) the Brits called off the exchange program.
Point is, most of her family was wiped out because even though the Nazis revoked their citizenship and seized their businesses, they were certain the whole thing would blow over.
I don't know of any "declaration of war" as such, but I do think Hitler made it clear Jews were amongst his enemies, early on. It was apparently not clear to most German Jews how far he would go.

-Verb,
wondering if he actually just wrote all that just to tell his grandma's story, or if there was a point.

... and this is one of the reasons why i commented a few times on the ZOMG J00000000s jokes on this forum.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

Quote from: Regret on May 06, 2008, 05:07:55 PM
Quote from: Cain on May 06, 2008, 04:03:33 PM
Furthermore, the Holocaust was not a military program designed to defeat an enemy,

yes it was, just because the enemy is harmless the tactics to get rid of them don't change.

If someone is harmless, then how are they an enemy?

UUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Golden Applesauce

An enemy is just a stranger you're afraid of.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Muffled Phosphor on May 05, 2008, 07:09:45 PM

Erm....  Am I the only one who noticed that your first point is invalidated by your second point?  I think you realized this, but were just afraid to come out and say it.

The only reason Jews still have a coherent religion and culture is because early in their history they adopted the belief that written words had magical properties and for the most part kept their book the same over the centuries.  They also benefited from the fact that their religious culture wasn't dependant upon an established state.  This allowed it to thrive during changes in real estate that other relgions couldn't match.

As for their right to bitch and moan, fuck them.  Yeah, they got butt hurt by the Nazis.  I bet that sucked, but it's no worse than what they've done to others.  In fact, reading up on what they did to the Canaanites, what Hitler's boys did was the equivalent of a schoolyard prank.  So, no, they have no right to bitch.  Not then, not now, not ever.

Dude, sweet, by your logic Native Americans would be completely justified in rounding up and exterminating EVERY white person in the Americas, and you paleface fucks wouldn't have any right to piss and moan about it!

Also, have you considered joining www.stormfront.org? That seems more your speed.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Golden Applesauce on May 06, 2008, 09:42:04 PM
An enemy is just a stranger you're afraid of.

NO, SOMETIMES HE IS SOMEONE YOU REALLY KNOW AND REALLY HATE.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: hunter s.durden on May 06, 2008, 09:11:03 PM
Quote from: LMNO on May 06, 2008, 08:26:50 PM
Except when it's Manifest Destiny, of course.

My father honestly justifies the Indian massacres with "Well, it paved the way for the greatest nation ever."

And another piece falls into place.

THAT EXPLAINS THE FAIL.

THE FOUNDATION IS ROTTEN WITH CORPSES.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

I guess the question is who do you consider the victims to be: The people who died in the holocaust, or their decendents 60 years after the fact?

Vene

Quote from: LMNO, aka "Kitty" on May 07, 2008, 03:09:30 PM

I guess the question is who do you consider the victims to be: The people who died in the holocaust, or their decendents 60 years after the fact?
I would say that the people who died (or even lived) through the holocaust and concentration camps were legitimate victims.  As for the descendants, that would be going outside my knowledge and it's something that I can even come close to drawing a conclusion about.  I know that Israel has pretty much been coddled by the west, but I don't know how much antisemitism prevailed in Europe and America afterwards.  As for the other groups targeted (disabled, homosexuals, ethic minorities) I know that at least homosexuals have been discriminated against here, and from what little I know about race-relations in Europe, gypsies still aren't liked.  Right now, my thought process is going in circles, but good post.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

The Jews weren't alone in the holocaust, Jehovah's Wittnesses were killed by the thousands as well... in fact, in many countries JW's have been seriously persecuted and killed even as recently as 10 years ago (I haven't kept up with their martyrs since I left). Yet, most JW's don't play the victim card... they just accept that people may not like them and their choice of religion, and they're willing to take the consequences.

I once knew a man who was tarred, feathered and thrown of a bridge, left for dead. He wasn't a Jew in 1940's Germany, he was a JW in 1940's US.

It makes me laugh to see someone scream about persecution because some jerkoff in a KKK outfit makes a speech. I had dogs loosed on me and still carry scars on my face, my pregnant Mom was shoved off of a porch and threatened with corn cutters... I've been shot at, I've had friends that were actually shot. I've been spit on several times and once even had shit thrown at me... and that was over the past 20 years.

So yeah, bad shit happened to people during war time. Bad shit happened to the Jews, the JW's and the homosexuals in Germany, bad things happened to the Native Americans during, well, the whole foundation of the United States. Bad shit happens, its done by most nations and done to minorities wherever they exist. It's inter-tribal Us vs Them and its been going on since even before the Jews committed some of the earliest recorded instances of total genocide (and then proudly stick it in their history... at least we Americans have the decency to hide the facts from our kids). People who still whine about being victims, when it was really their grandparents or great grandparents that were persecuted seem like little emo whiners to me.

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Random Probability

Quote from: Verbatim on May 05, 2008, 10:22:34 PM
As for their right to bitch and moan, fuck them.  Yeah, they got butt hurt by the Nazis.  I bet that sucked, but it's no worse than what they've done to others.  In fact, reading up on what they did to the Canaanites, what Hitler's boys did was the equivalent of a schoolyard prank.  So, no, they have no right to bitch.  Not then, not now, not ever.

More to the point, if they truly were being victimized they would keep their filthy mouths shut.  Since they don't it is painfully obvious that they are no longer being oppressed, abused, persecuted, or bulldozed into mass graves.
Fuck you. Name one nation with military supremacy that didn't massacre its enemies[citation needed] like the Israelites did the Canaanites.
Comparing that with the Holocaust isn't bigoted, it's just retarded. What you're saying is that me and my family shouldn't complain about my grandma's little brother being hauled off to Poland from his home in Germany and gassed to death, because a few hundred generations ago people with a precursor to my sister's religion and possibly some genetic material of ours conquered and massacred another people (or whatever they did.) Even if that weren't simply the thing you do after conquering someone back then - which I think it was - the comparison is stupid.
But you're just trolling me, right?

*sigh*  No, I wasn't trolling you.  However, I am reconsidering since I find your selective myopia highly amusing.

Excuse me, shitneck, but what part of "genocide" do you not fucking understand?  Are you saying it's okay because "everybody" did it?  If it's okay for the Powers That Be to carry out holocausts, then what the fuck are you complaining about?  "Everybody does it".  Just because it hadn't been done in...  I dunno, ten or twenty years, doesn't mean it isn't still a perfectly valid and legal government program.

Idiot.

Golden Applesauce

Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Muffled Phosphor on May 07, 2008, 08:33:16 PM
Quote from: Verbatim on May 05, 2008, 10:22:34 PM

More to the point, if they truly were being victimized they would keep their filthy mouths shut.  Since they don't it is painfully obvious that they are no longer being oppressed, abused, persecuted, or bulldozed into mass graves.
Fuck you. Name one nation with military supremacy that didn't massacre its enemies[citation needed] like the Israelites did the Canaanites.
Comparing that with the Holocaust isn't bigoted, it's just retarded. What you're saying is that me and my family shouldn't complain about my grandma's little brother being hauled off to Poland from his home in Germany and gassed to death, because a few hundred generations ago people with a precursor to my sister's religion and possibly some genetic material of ours conquered and massacred another people (or whatever they did.) Even if that weren't simply the thing you do after conquering someone back then - which I think it was - the comparison is stupid.
But you're just trolling me, right?

*sigh*  No, I wasn't trolling you.  However, I am reconsidering since I find your selective myopia highly amusing.

Excuse me, shitneck, but what part of "genocide" do you not fucking understand?  Are you saying it's okay because "everybody" did it?  If it's okay for the Powers That Be to carry out holocausts, then what the fuck are you complaining about?  "Everybody does it".  Just because it hadn't been done in...  I dunno, ten or twenty years, doesn't mean it isn't still a perfectly valid and legal government program.

Idiot.

10 or 20? Nah, its just that no one in the First World has pulled that shit for the past 20 years... go ask the Tutsi what they think about genocide well, those lucky enough not to be one of the 800,000 that died in 1994.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson