News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

What-what? In the Halibut.

Started by Nast, May 03, 2008, 06:15:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nast

So, my father caught a big-ass halibut the other day, and now we have enough fillets frozen to keep us for a week. I was wondering if you degenerates had any tasty recipes for it, since fish isn't really my specialty. 
I was thinking of doing a halibut in chard with lemon-thyme butter recipe that I got from the internets, but I will gladly and thankfully follow any of your suggestions.  :)
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Sir Squid Diddimus

ECH posted a fish recipe here once.
i tried it and liked it.
and i hate fish.
i'l see if i can find it

Sir Squid Diddimus

Adios

Fish.......

Place it in a foil wrap with spices such as pearl onions, thyme, lemons, garlic, butter and pepper. Triple wrap it in foil as in waterproof. Run it through 3 cycles in your dishwasher. Done, no odor, and perfectly cooked and moist.

Triple Zero

Quote from: The Reverend Asshat on May 03, 2008, 06:16:25 PMFish.......

Place it in a foil wrap with spices such as pearl onions, thyme, lemons, garlic, butter and pepper. Triple wrap it in foil as in waterproof. Run it through 3 cycles in your dishwasher. Done, no odor, and perfectly cooked and moist.

i wish i had a dishwasher to try this out.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Toaster oven:

put a little oil in a shallow pan (those aluminum pie tins that come with frozen pie crust work well)

Sprinkle with salt

Put fish in

Sprinkle with more salt and a bit of pepper

put in toaster oven at 300 for 10 minutes

eat

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Boozer

A Great Way to Enjoy Fish

Step 1: Open can of tuna
Step 2: Add glob of mayo
Step 3: Add glob of mustard
Step 4: Add pepper
Step 5: oh what am I saying tuna sucks.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

He did not ask about preparing "fish". He asked about preparing halibut fillets.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Boozer

Reverend Ju Ju Booze

Didn't knew what a halibut is.
Googled it.
Got scared.

Capitalism.
When it uses the carrot is called democracy,
When it uses the stick is called fascism.

Nast

They are a freaky-looking fish, huh?

Quote from: The Reverend Asshat on May 03, 2008, 06:16:25 PM
Fish.......

In the dishwasher, you say?  :lol: That sounds like a novel thing to do, but unfortunately my dishwasher is so old and feeble it'll probably just break down and leak a mixture of fish juices and soap.  :x

Quote from: Nigel on May 04, 2008, 04:23:28 AM
Toaster oven:

put a little oil in a shallow pan (those aluminum pie tins that come with frozen pie crust work well)

Sprinkle with salt

Put fish in

eat

That sounds nice and simple. I think I'll do something like that for myself, and something more complex like ECH's fish recipe for the family.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Adios

Quote from: Naughty Nasturtiums on May 04, 2008, 06:38:38 PM

Fish.......

In the dishwasher, you say?  :lol: That sounds like a novel thing to do, but unfortunately my dishwasher is so old and feeble it'll probably just break down and leak a mixture of fish juices and soap.  :x

Toaster oven:

Sprinkle with salt

Put fish in

eat

That sounds nice and simple. I think I'll do something like that for myself, and something more complex like ECH's fish recipe for the family.

It actually steams it.  8)

Nast

Ohhhhh.

So, the recipe can be replicated, with reduced awesome points, in a steamer?

Adios

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Reverend Asshat on May 04, 2008, 07:52:53 PM
Quote from: Naughty Nasturtiums on May 04, 2008, 06:38:38 PM

Fish.......

Toaster oven:

Sprinkle with salt

Put fish in

eat

It actually steams it.  8)

I disagree to a fantastic degree.

It is more of a broiling than a steaming, because of the proximity to the toaster oven elements. That's why I have it turned down so low.