News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

What-what? In the Halibut.

Started by Nast, May 03, 2008, 06:15:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nast

I think The Reverend Asshat was referring to the fish in the dishwasher, actually.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Sir Squid Diddimus

i still recommend ECH's recipe
cause i hate cooked fish and i was able to enjoy it

usually when i eat cooked fish it tastes like dead sea water (no matter where i get it from or how its prepared)

i do love me some sushi and sashimi though
Mmmmmmmm

Nast

Quote from: Cthulhu's Squidling on May 05, 2008, 07:07:42 AM
i still recommend ECH's recipe
cause i hate cooked fish and i was able to enjoy it

usually when i eat cooked fish it tastes like dead sea water (no matter where i get it from or how its prepared)

i do love me some sushi and sashimi though
Mmmmmmmm

I'm the exact same way. I normally hate the smell and taste of cooked fish, and I can't stand oily fish like salmon.

Raw fish like sushi and sashimi is enjoyable because it lacks the compounds that normally develop in fish shortly after it's caught. The fishy smell of dead fish is because of the breakdown of amino acids into odorous compounds. Raw fish used in sushi doesn't taste like this (raw fish actually has a fresh flavor reminiscent of kelp and geranium leaves) because it has to be really fresh anyway, and it's usually frozen before these compounds can develop.

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Adios

Quote from: Naughty Nasturtiums on May 05, 2008, 06:43:53 AM
I think The Reverend Asshat was referring to the fish in the dishwasher, actually.

Yes.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Naughty Nasturtiums on May 05, 2008, 06:43:53 AM

Oh, that makes way more sense.

I love your new avatar, BTW.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nast

I made ECH's recipe for the family with the halibut, and it was total win. Everyone loved it, and I thought it was quite delicious. My compliments to ECH and his mad chef skills!  :D