News:

Heaven is a sausage party.

Main Menu

Asemic Art

Started by Triple Zero, May 03, 2008, 12:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

this is so pretty.

reading the Art of Memetics, i had to look up the word "asemic", this was one of the results:

http://thenonist.com/index.php/weblog/permalink/2679/

Asemic writing is a sort of writing without words, basically it's just scribbling stuff that looks like writing, kind of like doing stream of consciousness writing without even caring about the language or words.

Asemic art is then like calligraphy in this medium. In other words, pretty shapes that sort of give the suggestion of type.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Nast

:mittens:

These are wonderful! The combination of art and script is beautiful, even if it doesn't have any inherit meaning. This is definitely fappable for us language and typography freaks.  :fap:
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Cainad (dec.)

Have you ever seen the cover of The Darkness that Comes Before by R. Scott Bakker? It's covered in asemic art (never mind that I didn't know what that was until I opened this thread).

Cramulus

very cool.
reminds me a lot of Douglas Hofstadter's "whirly art" and my own brand of angular geometric doodlings

e

Voynich manuscript, what have you done!?  :argh!: