News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

Simple and Delicious

Started by Mourning Star, May 04, 2008, 03:54:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mourning Star

You will need:

Freshly ground mixed peppers (I used the Pepper Medley from Hannaford)
Salt
Freshly pressed garlic (Garlic Powder is allowable also)
Oregano, Parsley, etc (Pre-Mixed Italian Seasoning works for me)
Extra-Virgin Olive Oil (YES It has to be olive oil, don't be so fucking cheap)
Fresh Boneless/Skinless Chicken  (Slice this with a VERY sharp, non-serrated knife into bite-sized pieces while it's still cold)

Heat up your frying pan on the stove, you want the metal to be warm.  Add the olive oil slowly until you've got between 1/4 and 1/2 inch in the pan.  Once the oil is boiling hot, add the chicken to make a single layer on the bottom of the pan (the chicken will cook quickly, so don't worry if it doesn't all fit the first time.)  while it's cooking on the bottom, add your spices to the top, uncooked layer.  After you've added the spices, use a pair of tongs or whatever you have handy to flip the pieces of chicken over and finish cooking them.  (If you want to cook the pieces until they're a little crispy, go for it, it's awesome!)

Rinse and repeat till all of your chicken is cooked.  Nothing special, but it's delicious and can be served with just about anything.  (We cooked up some garlic/herb rice-a-roni and served the chicken on top of that.)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I would suggest using peanut oil instead, not for cheapness but because it has a higher burning temp and won't smoke up your house at frying temperatures.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mourning Star

Quote from: Nigel on May 05, 2008, 09:56:32 PM
I would suggest using peanut oil instead, not for cheapness but because it has a higher burning temp and won't smoke up your house at frying temperatures.

There was no smoke.

And peanut oil will change the flavour.

Olive oil is the way to go.  :)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So you're more sauteeing than frying? I'd probably use less oil at a low temp, but I'd be intrigued by how it would turn out at higher temps, though without a bit of flour for a crispy surface it might not matter much.

Mourning Star

Quote from: Nigel on May 05, 2008, 10:42:02 PM
So you're more sauteeing than frying? I'd probably use less oil at a low temp, but I'd be intrigued by how it would turn out at higher temps, though without a bit of flour for a crispy surface it might not matter much.

well
put it this way

i have a gas stove
it was on it's highest setting the whole time

Sauteeing and frying are the same shit in my cookbook

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

And it's a beautiful thing!

e

I set off the fire alarm whenever I even touch oil.  Serious.

Sounds tasty, though.

DORADA

add wine and mushrooms black

Mourning Star

LMNO

Quote from: DORADA on May 17, 2008, 06:33:10 AM
add wine and mushrooms black

...But won't the mushrooms try to rape me?

LMNO
-running this one into the ground.

AFK

But I bet they're fun guys.

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jenne