Where Everybody Knows You're Lame. 

Main Menu

Rev Roger Sermon #11: Land of the Yahoos

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 05, 2003, 05:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Spoon E. Gee

I enjoy the fact that most of your rants are political.... just make sure to throw in a few that arent every now and then..
given the fact that most of us here have the same views on nearly everything..... it's good to have political speeches by like-mined people...
damn my sig is still out of date....

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Spoon E. GeeI enjoy the fact that most of your rants are political.... just make sure to throw in a few that arent every now and then..
given the fact that most of us here have the same views on nearly everything..... it's good to have political speeches by like-mined people...

I really can't help it.  I am a political junkie of the first water; crackheads shake their heads when they see me, and herion addicts look at me as if they know me.

I frequently wake up in front of CSPAN, caked with my own filth.

It's a sickness, most times...right now, however, it's a survival trait.

As for non-political rants, I just says what our lady crams into my cranium.  The closest I've gotten is the "addiction to speed" sermon, or the "getting over on the bosses" sermon.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

livid E. T.

I would just like to addition to some things you said.

It is a bad indication, as rednecks of backwoods and neo Nazi groups side with the government of the USA on something. It is a worse indication, if they begin to give up to it rhetoric usual of the announcement of the policy of the USA in favor of the words which sound, as they could come of in administartion... I do not know whether that thinks badly the administration or this crazies, but in any case I can not think any lower of them.

But all it is all simple foreplay, before I receive to my main point.

The whole point of this war must enough of the young person 'Freethinkiners', both literally and figurativly in such a way that those in the strength be able to reach Illumination.  Saddam are inside on it because, if it were not, we would go to North Korea.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: livid E. T.The whole point of this war must enough of the young person 'Freethinkiners', both literally and figurativly in such a way that those in the strength be able to reach Illumination.  Saddam are inside on it because, if it were not, we would go to North Korea.

RAW weirdness aside, the only illumination necessary is the profit margin of MacDonald Douglas and Exxon, which are GW Bush's masters.

If you would look on the true face of evil today, however, look at Karl Rove.

livid E. T.

Could you tell me a little about this Karl Rove guy?

I just went searching for stuff on him and it all points to him being a political strategist, a tool not a policy maker.

Perhaps this has the makings of a larger conspiracy than what I'm thinking of at the moment.

And as far as profit margins, I see GE, yes General Electric, standing to profit most from this war. Last time I checked they owned NBC, and were one of the largest weapons manufacturers and they've got their hands in oil just like everyone else. They just get to sell airtime and airpower in the coming days...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: livid E. T.Could you tell me a little about this Karl Rove guy?

I just went searching for stuff on him and it all points to him being a political strategist, a tool not a policy maker.

Perhaps this has the makings of a larger conspiracy than what I'm thinking of at the moment.

Karl Rove holds the title of Senior Advisor to the President.  He is the single most influential man in American politics today.

He is also a world-class chicken hawk.  He dodged the draft during the Vietnam war, but he is the single most eager man when it comes to THIS war.  Of course, HE won't be going...YOU might, though (provided you are a young American male).

Velvet Jesus

I like political ranting; there's no reason why we shouldn't talk about politics here (other than reasons of paranoia, of course).  If you go to most forums that don't have a strictly political agenda, you will find that a good portion of the people there are usually fascist morons.  Even if there are only a few fascist morons, they are loud and obnoxious enough to make the whole place a living hell for the rest of the people there.  Unlike at most forums, the people here generally have a clue.

So, it's a bit like preaching to the choir, but who cares?  

I think if it weren't for the stunning hypocrisy of US policies, it wouldn't depress me so much; it is the blatant subversion of ideals by the Bush administration that bothers me.  America is dead.  We didn't need Iraq or weapons of mass destruction to destroy us; our own leaders did it to us.  The dream is dead.
"He seems sincere, despite his halting speech patterns and the possible lack of vowels in his name."

Lord Trout

IMHO, political discourse is not only appropriate here, but required. As many of you know, when I started posting to these forums, I was all for war with Iraq (and Iran, and Saudi Arabia, etc). Why? Because I was only getting information that was spoon-fed to me from the media. This whole debate about "Left-Wing Media Bias" vs. "Fox News Channel" and these majority of AM talk-radio guys, is just a mirage. No, more likely it is a distraction.

You see, the Left (CNN, The NY Times, etc) seem to be favoring the peace movement, while 'lambasting' Bush and his cronies. Meanwhile, the Right whines on endlessly about never getting their message out, and of the Left's supposed bias.

But when the shit hits the fan, they will all line up and get their pablum of information from the same source: The Pentagon. Whatever spin they inevitably try to put on the news, in the end it will be the same exact information, presented in the manner which will achieve the highest possible ratings or profits for said outlet. For them, it is ultimately about money, not truth.

Anyway, while I still watch the news and listen to a couple of talk-radio guys (for the humor value, mostly), I have started thinking for myself. Why? Because of the issues raised in this and other forums I frequent, as well as my own research into the current events.

The result: I no longer support a war with Iraq, at least at this time. Why? If I don't trust Bush to have the American citizen's best interests at heart, why would I think he has the world's best interests at heart, by going to war? The American populous were the first victims of Bush's tyranny (although I recognize he isn't really in charge, I will still refer to him as the Tyrant), and now that is going to be spread worldwide. Lovely. Now you, too can know the wonder of living under the Patriot Act! And coming soon, "Patriot Act II: The Death of Freedom"...
Well, shit.

MapleMan

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
"War hath no fury like a non-combatant"
--E.C. Montague

"Where they have made a desert, they call it peace"
--Tacitus

A German proverb states that, "In time of war, the devil makes more room in hell".  Well, friends, I suggest you reserve your room now, before the rush.  

With the likes of those who are currently earning their eternal torments, you will NEED a reservation.

Donald Rumsfeld, for example, already has so much blood on his hands that he has forgotten what it smells like.  From selling Saddam 800 liters of anthrax seed-stock in the 80's, to his ideas on moving MX missile silos as close to population centers as possible, this walking abomination already has HIS burning pit laid out.

He is FAR from being the worst criminal in the administration.  The entire cabinet is a virtual "who's who" of the criminally insane.  Powell was involved in the attempted cover up of the My Lai massacre of 1968, Cheney sold Saddam chemical equipment from 1996-2000, and Karl Rove...Well, you get the point.

"Now hold on, Rev Roger", you say, "This ain't a political site!  This here's a discordian site!  What the hell are you doing getting all political on us?"

Well, I have bad news, kids.  The Man doesn't CARE if you like haiku or word association.  He doesn't CARE if you are a free thinking poet who likes a little chaos.  He doesn't even care that you haven't had your rightful share of prairie squid yet.

He's gonna draft ya anyway.

That's right, kids!  Once the war is over and the occupation begins, Uncle Sugar is gonna need a lot more sniper-bait, more meat for the grinder, grist for the mill.  Kids are gonna be expected to give their all, maybe even their lives, for their oil company...Oops, I mean their country.  And guess who those lucky kids are?  Well, if you are living in America, and you are between the ages of 18-30, that means YOU are those lucky kids!  Actually, the draft age is 18-36, but the army likes 'em young.

THAT'S why the Good Reverend is so political.

These are dangerous times.  While America seems strong, it is actually like a mighty oak tree that has been struck by lightning.  It's still plenty strong on the outside, but the inside is dead.  The fundamental strenght of America is Americans...and those are mighty thin on the ground right now.  What we have instead is the Dittoheads...the Rush Limbaugh fans.

We think you know who we're talking about, Mister CNN anchorperson, SIR!  Miss "If there's a war, the stock market will go up", MA'AM!  Mister "If you are against the war, you're un-American", SIR!

Damn straight.  These "good Americans" who are howling for war are NOT the people who are going to have to go fight it.  Why the hell should they?  They have YOU for that, or at least for the occupation (which, incidentally will be headed by an interim government led by an American civilian, apparently).  They will (supposedly) enjoy an economic boom caused by the war (although the economy went DOWN during Gulf War I) while you get your ass shot off in Basra, while you hold down the natives so that Standard Oil has time to suck all the Iraqi oil out of the ground.

Sound like crazy talk?  Yup, it is.  So make sure you line your Kevlar helmet with tin-foil, so you don't have to think about these things while you scratch your sand-fleas and wonder where the next suicide bomber is coming from.

Or kill me.

<tansmission ends>

Hmmmmmmm, this gives me an idea for a thread topic...
he meant well, or at least he meant somthing.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Velvet JesusAmerica is dead.  We didn't need Iraq or weapons of mass destruction to destroy us; our own leaders did it to us.  The dream is dead.

You make a good point, but don't let it get you down.

Americans are like crabgrass...if even a BIT survives, we tend to come back.

The problem, of course, is keeping that bit alive in the face of a tyrant, a right wing electorate, and Madison Avenue.

MapleMan

America is dead but humanity lives on (for now)...
he meant well, or at least he meant somthing.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: MapleManAmerica is dead but humanity lives on (for now)...

Not dead.  Just very, very ill.

Velvet Jesus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger

Americans are like crabgrass...if even a BIT survives, we tend to come back.

True.  We are rather like weeds.   :P
"He seems sincere, despite his halting speech patterns and the possible lack of vowels in his name."

Trollax

:evil:  :x  :twisted:  :evil:  :x  :twisted:  :evil:  :x  :twisted:  :x  :twisted:  :P  :P  :P

What am I that I should be...
The Object of your emnity...
Now that you have come for me
There's no-one left you can abuse

Our values now have bled us dry
In paradigms that only lie
While our souls are burned to dust
Our future's stripped away

Controversy is the key
That shows us things we will not see
And common-sense shall breed dissent
For this what it says:

Rules, Break the rules...
Unchain the fools
And FUCK THE WHOLE CONVENTION!
Rules, Break the rules
Release the news
And shock the whole foundation!

There it is folks, genuine bona-fide Trollaxian dissent distilled into a neat little eda of disgruntled angst and directed rage...
Our governments have lost their common sense, and clad in their psychic armor they broil the spirit of our nations in the sun, then crawl away to a dark place when they are done.
Common sense does not say kill them all, common sense says: "KILLING FOR PEACE IS LIKE SCREWING FOR VIRGINITY."
Common sense tells us that the most powerful man in the world is a sociopathic, dishonest illiterate half-wit with the brains of a randy marmoset scrambled around until they're extra crispy.

Common sense doesn't say chain yourself to a tree or form a tent embassy out the front of a government building. Common sense says: "MAKE IT RIGHT BY PLAYING THEIR GAME RIGHT INTO YOUR HANDS."

We can't make it better by walking out and making a racket and throwing tantrums. The best way to nutralise our idiotic world "Leaders" ( :lol: ) is by ensuring peace breaks out everywhere.

So Jews, Hug a palestinean.
Catholics, Go have a beer with a protestant.
Discordians, Have coffee and cake with a greyface...
And make sure that it makes the news and doesn't get F&*^ed around with to seem like the exact opposite.

UNchaion the fools because this hHellion's Coming out swingin!!!

~TRollax~