News:

PD.com: Taoism in a clown costume.

Main Menu

Grilled Chicken Breast

Started by Adios, May 04, 2008, 06:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So the Wild Oats a few blocks from my house is now a Whole Foods.

Aside from the amazingly cheap pasta (.69/lb??? what are they up to thar?) they also have these natural wood charcoal bags for $3. You light the bag on fire, and when the flames die down to BBQ a shitload of stuff. I have a big half-barrel Char-Griller which sits in the yard, brown-trash-stylee, year round.

Sooooo tonight both my breeder males were supposed to be here, one of them bogued (citing "brake problems", WHATEVER), so I had about 18 lbs of chicken, 2 lbs of hamburger, and 2 boxes of veggie-chow patties.

I made the most gorgeous marinated chicken hindquarters and smoked them for 2 hours until they were falling-apart tender, and now I am so fucking full I would be worried that I have undone my stringently healthful last week or so, if I had enough leftover energy to give a shit.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jasper

Niice.

I just butchered and BBQed a whole chicken.  Simple hot sauce and honey marinade, sloooow cooked. :D

Damn fine corn too.