News:

PD may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.  If PD splits open, do not look directly at resulting goo.  PD is still legal in 14 states.

Main Menu

Rev Roger, Year of the Rat #8: That Joke Isn't Funny, Anymore.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, May 05, 2008, 11:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Quote from: LMNO on May 06, 2008, 06:54:44 PM
Quote from: Pratchett
"Down there," he said, "are people who will follow any dragon, worship any god, ignore any iniquity.  All out of a kind of humdrum, everyday badness.  Not the really high, creative loathesomeness of the great sinners, but a sort of mass-produced darkness of the soul.  Sin, you might say, without a trace of originality.  They accept evil not because they say yes, but because they don't say no."

-Guards! Guards!

:mittens:

ShoobyDB

I agree with the initial post, although by the time I got to the third page I forgot what it was. Post successfully murdered. I would like to add that even though I do agree with you, I don't think you're an idiot to post something I agree with. Of course he's preaching to the choir; you don't go to parenting forums to talk about abortions.

Anyway, I think the power struggle really boils down to the fact that there are more people with guns in the government. I say do what you want as long as you are brave enough to stand up to the consequences. So the government is a huge corporation that can have you killed on a whim... you going to let that stop you?!
I posted that so hard.

LMNO

Quote from: ShoobyDB on May 07, 2008, 09:44:39 AM
I agree with the initial post, although by the time I got to the third page I forgot what it was. Post successfully murdered.

Protip: you can always go back and re-read previous posts before hitting "reply".

Adios

Quote from: LMNO, aka "Kitty" on May 07, 2008, 03:13:19 PM
I agree with the initial post, although by the time I got to the third page I forgot what it was. Post successfully murdered.

Protip: you can always go back and re-read previous posts before hitting "reply".

Fuck.

:sodamonitor:

Jasper

OP:

You know what the discordians need?

Myrmidons.

Those warriors that would go and do whatever, NQA. 

We could brainwash recruits from Gaia.

The Good Reverend Roger

I agree with the initial post, although by the time I got to the third page I forgot what it was. Post successfully murdered. I would like to add that even though I do agree with you, I don't think you're an idiot to post something I agree with. Of course he's preaching to the choir; you don't go to parenting forums to talk about abortions.

Anyway, I think the power struggle really boils down to the fact that there are more people with guns in the government. I say do what you want as long as you are brave enough to stand up to the consequences. So the government is a huge corporation that can have you killed on a whim... you going to let that stop you?!

Of course not.  Because the "government" doesn't actually exist.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jenne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 08, 2008, 03:34:11 AM

*was waiting for that*

Also, on the OP:  fuck me running, Rog, I wish you could broadcast this shit ship to shore.  NO ONE GETS IT out there, NO ONE.  I mean, they pay lipservice, but they don't even TRY to use what's left of this bullshit "democracy."  They don't think they can use it properly, or should expend the effort, so why bother even trying.  It reeks, it really really does.  They swallow, wholesale, every bullshit line about "freedom" and "protection" in the same breath.

Makes me ill.

And I go off, oh you bet I do.  I recently went off on a buncha drunk PTA moms, and all they did was teehee and murmur "well, there you go, you got Jenne started again!" and so I stfu.  *shrug*  Let the bitches simmer in their own juices then.

What the fuck do I care, anyway?

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Jenne on May 10, 2008, 03:51:33 AM

And I go off, oh you bet I do.  I recently went off on a buncha drunk PTA moms, and all they did was teehee and murmur "well, there you go, you got Jenne started again!" and so I stfu.  *shrug*  Let the bitches simmer in their own juices then.

There's another rant in here somewhere. I'd write it, but I haven't had nearly enough experiences of this sort.

Jenne

Quote from: Cainad on May 10, 2008, 03:55:06 AM

There's another rant in here somewhere. I'd write it, but I haven't had nearly enough experiences of this sort.

I think I rant so much IRL, that I have barely anything left for typing out.  Sad, but true.  But yes, I'm well known as foaming at the mouth at the very mention of politics, asshole legislators, and fucked up office personnel of said asshole legislators, who kick you out of the said asshole leg offices, kick you off their blessed schedules for said asshole legislators, and make lobbying hard in general.

The Good Reverend Roger

*was waiting for that*

Also, on the OP:  fuck me running, Rog, I wish you could broadcast this shit ship to shore.  NO ONE GETS IT out there, NO ONE.  I mean, they pay lipservice, but they don't even TRY to use what's left of this bullshit "democracy."  They don't think they can use it properly, or should expend the effort, so why bother even trying.  It reeks, it really really does.  They swallow, wholesale, every bullshit line about "freedom" and "protection" in the same breath.

Makes me ill.

Next time, beat them with a chair.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Reginald Ret

HEY! the government is as real as the internet, or popular culture!
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Regret on May 11, 2008, 05:14:12 PM

:mullet:

Reginald Ret

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 11, 2008, 07:22:49 PM
Quote from: Regret on May 11, 2008, 05:14:12 PM

:mullet:
how dare you insult my intelligence!
i was trying to start a discussion about the usage of the word exist here, seems i failed. ah well +5xp for surviving.

to get back to an actual subject here: it depresses the crap out of me to see people that don't realize how much power they have, they give it all away.  :cry:

IF: you have a problem
THEN: solve it yourself
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Requia ☣

Wait, somebody else agrees with me on the internet being a mass hallucination?

Dammit, now I need a different psuedo-profound crackpot idea that nobody takes seriously.

In all seriousness though, things that don't really exist except as mass hallucinations are the most powerful forces in human life.  Pre packages ideas, gods, the popular thing, laws, and whatever some pundit claims is the right thing to do, all stick in the minds of cabbages.

Religion is a powerful force, whether God exists or not, math is a set of rules we made up, but it lets us build skyscrapers, hell, the largest industry in the world is now the creation of software, and we build machines to do our hallucinating for us.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.