News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

One Pound.

Started by Richter, May 07, 2008, 08:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

I have one pound ( ~ 0.5 kilo) of ground beef hanging around.  I ought to eat this for dinner, but inspiration is lacking. 

What would you spags recomend? 
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

TACOS!

"I love the little tacos, I love them good." - Gir
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

LMNO

Smear it on your balls, and call the dog over.

Jasper

Potatoes + Beef + other random shit = Shepherd's pie.

Richter

Quote from: Ratatosk on May 07, 2008, 08:40:57 PM
TACOS!

"I love the little tacos, I love them good." - Gir

Maybe, but I like my bowels and my co workers this week.

Quote from: LMNO, aka "Kitty" on May 07, 2008, 08:46:14 PM
Smear it on your balls, and call the dog over.

Your sex life is appauling.

Quote from: Felix on May 07, 2008, 09:11:21 PM
Potatoes + Beef + other random shit = Shepherd's pie.

I may do this, it's been at least a month since I made one of those. :D
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Jasper

Roo

Jasper

There's only a pound of it.  Who can eat only one pound of meatloaf?

Richter

I'm not sure how much you can bulk out meatloaf, so it'd be an iffy thing.  That and solidarity for the anti meatloaf front. 

I also (hopefully) have a bit of bacon which is going into the pie mix as well.
That and the metric fuckton of potatoes I have to use up  :|
This will necessitate stopping for veggies and sauce components, and cheese, hence I shall also find beer.

I does loves some Tacos thou, that ma be next week...

Jasper

If you have a mandolin, use up the potatoes by making potato chips.  It'd be a fun project.

And maybe use carrots for the mash instead, or as a flavoring.  That's probably just me though, since I have a 25 lb bag of carrots I need to kill.

Richter

Mmm.. chips...

Sadly these are all packets of instant stuff.  It' not abomidable, and it was cheap (my survivalist side took over.)

Your other suggestion, you mean top it with mashed carrot?

Jasper

Cut the potatoes with carrot.

It's fk'n good.

Roo

meh. It was just off the top of my head. Usually, if I don't have hamburger buns (or am not in the mood), I do a meat and vegetable medley...whatever veggies I have hanging around, with some onion, garlic and potatoes...cooked up in a big pan and seasoned to taste.

Or a variation of the shepard's pie theme:

Hamburger Pie

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 t. salt
dash pepper
2 cups cut green beans, cooked (or canned)
1 10 3/4 oz can condensed tomato soup
5 medium potatoes, cooked
1/2 cup warm milk
1 beaten egg
1/2 cup shredded cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In large skillet, cook meat and onion until browned. Add salt and pepper. Add beans and soup. Pour into greased casserole dish. Mash potatoes while hot, add milk and egg. Spoon in mounds over meat in casserole. season with salt and pepper. sprinkle potatoes with cheese. Bake (covered) in moderate oven (350 F) for 25-30 mins. Remove cover during last 5-10 minutes so that cheese is golden brown and delicious. Makes 4-6 servings.

ETA: forgot part about uncovering casserole dish.

Jasper

You're joking!  WHERE'S THE FOCKING TAMARIND?

Richter

GYin: that sounds DAMN tasty

Felix, will have to try that.  posting recipe for what I did after I've eaten