News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

One Pound.

Started by Richter, May 07, 2008, 08:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

What I did:

prep 1/8 lb. bacon
brown 1 lb hamburger on top of that when it's done
crush 1 clove garlic into the mess
add 1/3 cup or small chopped of each: green pepper, onion, and shaved carrot
add 1/2 cup water
brown gravy mix, chili powder, adobo, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce to taste

place into the bottom of a casserole.  Top with 1 package "sour cream and chives" instant mashed potatoes., and sprinkle on some seasoned bread crumbs.

Bake 20 min. at 350 degrees F.

Serve, top w/ a bit of sharp cheddar

Put it in yo mouf.

Leftovers will provide fuel for days.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Roo

AFK

Quote from: Richter on May 07, 2008, 08:30:58 PM
I have one pound ( ~ 0.5 kilo) of ground beef hanging around.  I ought to eat this for dinner, but inspiration is lacking. 

What would you spags recomend? 

Mix it in with your cereal.  Yeah, I know, bathing beef in milk does seem a little wrong. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Richter

Brother, that shit just ain't KOSHER.
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Jenne

There's this meatball thing I do that the kids love:  mix one egg into a lb of ground beef, salt and pepper it, and add some bread crumbs and chopped onions.  Knead together and then form balls.  Roll balls in crushed potato chips (good if you have the bottom of a bag of stale chips leftover from something), and place on a pan.  Cut some bacon lengthwise and in half, make bacon x's over the balls.  Bake til browned.  Serve with some worcestshire sauce or bbq sauce.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Jenne on May 10, 2008, 04:52:05 AM
There's this meatball thing I do that the kids love:  mix one egg into a lb of ground beef, salt and pepper it, and add some bread crumbs and chopped onions.  Knead together and then form balls.  Roll balls in crushed potato chips (good if you have the bottom of a bag of stale chips leftover from something), and place on a pan.  Cut some bacon lengthwise and in half, make bacon x's over the balls.  Bake til browned.  Serve with some worcestshire sauce or bbq sauce.

GROOOOOSS!!!
no im kidding that doesnt sound bad

Triple Zero

sounds good!

i think cheese-onion chips would go great with this :D

so let me get this straight, you place long cut bacon ribbons over the balls in a crossing pattern, kind of like you would do with dough for a pie? or do you make one cross per ball?

and then you bake them in the oven? (at what heat, about?)

or the pan on a stove? does it need a lid?

do you need fat butter or oil in the pan?

and don't the balls need turning? (then how does that work with the bacon)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jenne

You cut the bacon in quarters, I guess.  Lengthwise and widthwise, once each.  Then cross them in an "x" on each ball.  Baking sheet needs no grease, and the temp about 375'F, and time til they are browned.  I use the oven, because that's what the recipe in the old-timey cookbook I got it out of called for.  I've found most GOOD meatball recipes call for browning in the oven before they go in anything, anyway.  Otherwise they disntegrate if you cook them in a pot.  ETA:  no need to turn them.

Cheese-onion chips sound yummy...I have some rosemary n thyme ones I bought that maybe I'll use for this purpose next week...

Triple Zero

cool. i'm going to make these soon.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jasper

Reading this thread somehow gave me the idea to use cookie cutters on bacon to make bacon cookies.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Felix on May 12, 2008, 07:45:56 PM
Reading this thread somehow gave me the idea to use cookie cutters on bacon to make bacon cookies.

NO! BAD FELIX!
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Jasper

Fucks yes, now I have to do it.

Richter

Damn.  I need bacon for dinner now.

Suu

We have bacon. Come on down.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

Quote from: Suu! on May 12, 2008, 09:45:43 PM
We have bacon. Come on down.

Already started food  :sad:  Thanx thou!

I'll show up eventually.  Expect me when you see me.