News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

Sink

Started by NWC, May 14, 2008, 04:34:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWC

I was at a park yesterday where some friends were fishing and those of us who weren't eventually got bored and started chucking shit in the lake. I told them about Sink, and only one payed attention really(but she got into it, she was hellbent on sinking Kentucky[this was in Illinois]), but we all kept throwing shit anyway. Eventually we found a bunch of wood, including the palate for crates or whatever, and we were all a couple joints in at that point so we decided it was our boat, and threw it over the mound of shopping carts that were already in the lake when we got there, and spent a good 45 minutes pushing it out to sea and throwing shit at/on it. It was an incredible amount of fun.

Anyway, has anyone else intentionally played Sink?

Does anyone play any other absurdist games they consider Discordian?

1000 Blank White Cards comes to mind. Any others?

Oh yeah, and pics to come.
PROSECUTORS WILL BE TRANSGRESSICUTED

hooplala

Sink is my least favourite part of the PD.

It's like the stuff toward the end of Steal This Book, when you wish Abbie had just stopped when he was on a high note.

(pun mostly not intended)
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

AFK

I just sank your Battleship with the candlestick, in the conservatory.  Sorry!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Rev. Whats His Name? on May 14, 2008, 01:41:00 PM
I just sank your Battleship with the candlestick, in the conservatory.  Sorry!

I didn't know you were Colonel Mustard....

:lulz:

AFK

pfft!  That wanker?  No way, I'm Miss Scarlett. 

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Rev. Whats His Name? on May 14, 2008, 02:48:29 PM
pfft!  That wanker?  No way, I'm Miss Scarlett. 

ZOMG if YOU are Miss Scarlet, then who am I?

:eek:

nostalgicBadger

I'm not sure I actually understand this game - been a while since I read the Principia, and I don't even remember that part.
You just throw stuff in a lake? That kind of seems like litering.
meh.

Cain

I once sank the Home Counties.

Ask revidic about our alleged 'summer' last year.

Cain

I haven't been south since Easter (which was pretty nice), how bad is it?  Up here, in Scotland, its pretty good, we have the occasional overcast day but otherwise its nice and sunny.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Portland used to have a lot of yellow bicycles which were free for anyone to use, but too many people played sink with them and now there are hardly any left.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jasper

Hey, remember when the banks played sink with those loans? :lulz:

The Official Game Of The 2012 Olympics!

AFK

I just sank Kennebec County!

East Coast Hustle

I'd say you've done many of us a service.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

nostalgicBadger

Sink I'm not sure I understand. I suppose I see the quality, but in practice, it sounds a lot like litering?

Now building makeshift dams... that was my favorite hobby in elementary school. I used to go to streams with friends and get piles of rocks and debris and build really solid dams... well, or as solid a dam as you can build with rocks and debris. We never really had a plan for the dams though. It was just sort of a social thing. We hung out and built dams and enjoyed ourselves as the water kind of started to flood....

ah, good times.
meh.

tyrannosaurus vex

we did the same thing, except we'd bring our machetes and cut down every plant in a two-acre radius, and then accidentally build a dam by dropping it all in the creek.

also, we were still doing that shit in 12th grade, because it was that much fun.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.