News:

Endorsement: "I would highly suggest that you steer clear of this website at all costs and disconnect yourself from all affiliation with those involved."

Main Menu

Sink

Started by NWC, May 14, 2008, 04:34:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: NWC on May 14, 2008, 04:34:03 AM
I was at a park yesterday where some friends were fishing and those of us who weren't eventually got bored and started chucking shit in the lake. I told them about Sink, and only one payed attention really(but she got into it, she was hellbent on sinking Kentucky[this was in Illinois]), but we all kept throwing shit anyway. Eventually we found a bunch of wood, including the palate for crates or whatever, and we were all a couple joints in at that point so we decided it was our boat, and threw it over the mound of shopping carts that were already in the lake when we got there, and spent a good 45 minutes pushing it out to sea and throwing shit at/on it. It was an incredible amount of fun.

Anyway, has anyone else intentionally played Sink?

Does anyone play any other absurdist games they consider Discordian?

1000 Blank White Cards comes to mind. Any others?

Oh yeah, and pics to come.

1.  Way to pollute the fucking lake.

2.  If that blank cards shit starts up again, I will personally shit all over this entire site until my rectum overheats and melts down.  You will all smell my scorched intestines before I am done. 

Use the search function, for fuck's sake.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

nostalgicBadger

What is blank cards?
meh.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: nostalgicBadger on June 26, 2008, 03:28:18 AM
What is blank cards?
you know all the "post your version of the same thing the last 300 posts said" threads? it's like that, except there's actually potential for lulz.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

BADGE OF HONOR

I just completely ignored whatever forum that was in.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

LMNO

As an IRL game, it has massive lulz potential, if you have an active rather than passive imagination.

As an online game, it's nothing but another stupid race to the top of Mount Cleverest.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I agree that Sink is a bit of a flop, particularly in modern times. But then, I never saw it as a actual game, but rather a short joke on the idea of labeling.  :lulz:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I saw it as a dual joke on labelling and on the pointlessness and stupidity of things we do as pastimes.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

I'm not joking.  I will lay a steaming turd the size of a school bus.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

nostalgicBadger

How does it work in real life?
meh.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: nostalgicBadger on June 27, 2008, 04:42:12 AM
How does it work in real life?

I grunt really hard, and then the poop comes out.

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 26, 2008, 02:53:50 AM

2.  If that blank cards shit starts up again, I will personally shit all over this entire site until my rectum overheats and melts down.  You will all smell my scorched intestines before I am done. 

I remember the RPG forum you guys had here when i first came in
:lol:

on the plus side it was a graveyard
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on June 27, 2008, 04:47:58 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 26, 2008, 02:53:50 AM

I remember the RPG forum you guys had here when i first came in
:lol:

on the plus side it was a graveyard

I thought I was gonna have a stroke.

nostalgicBadger

No no, I mean how does the game work in real life?
meh.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: nostalgicBadger on June 27, 2008, 05:03:41 AM

What game?

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: nostalgicBadger on June 27, 2008, 05:03:41 AM

official rules:

1. produce blank white "card"
2. hand to Roger
3. watch in horrified amazement as Roger fills the "card" with a thick, gooey patch of 98.6-degree "hate" and proceeds to hand it back to you, dirty side out.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.