News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

Padre's Perfect Dip

Started by Dr. Pataphoros, SpD, May 14, 2008, 03:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Pataphoros, SpD

The Perfect Dip is a recipe I've been playing around with for some time.  It's current (and likely final) incarnation is listed here.  It's a great dip for parties, but it's also hearty enough to be a meal in its own right.

Ingredients:
1 lb. Ground Beef
1 Large Can of Refried Beans
1 lb. Cheddar Cheese (pre-shredded is easiest)
1 lb. Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 lb. Cream Cheese
1/2 lb. Sour Cream
2 packets of taco seasoning (or if you are creative and wise to the ways of spices you can make your own)

Brown the beef in a skillet.  Add one packet of taco seasoning as per the directions on the packet or according to your own twisted dark desires.  Throw seasoned beef into a crock pot or large stove-top pot with all remaining ingredients and melt into a puddle of tasty, stirring occasionally.  Serve hot with tortilla chips.  Serves 4 as a meal or 8-10 as a party snack.

Caution: This meal is in no way healthy.
-Padre Pataphoros, Bearer of Nine Names, Custodian of the Gate to the Forward Four, The Man Called Nobody, Philosopher of the Eleventeenth Sphere, The Noisy Ninja, Guardian of the Silver Hammer, Patron of the Perpetual Plan B, The Lord High Slacker, [The Secret Name of Power]

Dysfunctional Cunt

Truthfully, except for the salty taco seasoning (I make my own) and the ground beef (ground turkey works better with spices I think) it isn't unhealthy.

I make this, but I don't add the refried beans unless I layer it.

Dr. Pataphoros, SpD

Well, it's a heckovalot of dairy and fat.  It may not be entirely unhealthy, but it's nothing to base a nutritious diet on.

And the Beans make the base!  You can't forsake the beans!  I like the thought of trying it with turkey, though.  May give that a whirl.  Nothing tastier than some well seasoned, juicy turkey.
-Padre Pataphoros, Bearer of Nine Names, Custodian of the Gate to the Forward Four, The Man Called Nobody, Philosopher of the Eleventeenth Sphere, The Noisy Ninja, Guardian of the Silver Hammer, Patron of the Perpetual Plan B, The Lord High Slacker, [The Secret Name of Power]

DORADA

i like fresh fish and taco

Jasper

Fuck yes, fish taco is next to godliness.