News:

You know what I always say? "Always kill the mouthy one", that's what I always say.

Main Menu

Steampunk: the new LARP

Started by e, May 15, 2008, 04:45:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on May 20, 2008, 08:42:04 PM
Quote from: Mangrove on May 20, 2008, 06:53:40 PM
(Sorry Cram & Rat' but the LARP makes me --> :x)

It's all good. If I was concerned with what The Other thought of my hobbies, I certainly wouldn't count myself amongst Discordians. I can see why some people think LARP sucks, or that I suck for doing it. All I can say to that is  :boring:. This is the Strange Times, and everybody is unspeakably weird. No shame there. One might just as validly critique people who post on forums all day, or own guns, or follow women's basketball or whatever.

QuotePissing all over someone else for doing something you don't personally approve of is MORE pointless than how pointless you think what they're doing is! So is taking offense to someone doing so.

In the end, I go to LARPs because I like to get outdoors, hang out with my oddball friends, and engage in team-oriented physical activity. I like challenges, competition, and the feeling of being a part of an ongoing story. I like the escapism of putting your life on hold while you get away for a weekend. I like that LARPing is relatively cheap, rewards creativity, and networks you with some very strange and interesting people.

I don't expect that it's for everybody. But that's cool, nothing is for everybody.

Can I has your baby?
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

e

I don't expect that it's for everybody. But that's cool, nothing is for everybody.

No it's not, ain't nobody got no nothin'

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on May 20, 2008, 07:03:34 PM
You just made Roger cry.

It's agony, man.  Agony.

TGRR,
Smiling through the pain.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

It's all good. If I was concerned with what The Other thought of my hobbies, I certainly wouldn't count myself amongst Discordians. I can see why some people think LARP sucks, or that I suck for doing it. All I can say to that is  :boring:. This is the Strange Times, and everybody is unspeakably weird. No shame there. One might just as validly critique people who post on forums all day, or own guns, or follow women's basketball or whatever.

You.

Quit making good arguments.

Thanks.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 20, 2008, 11:28:28 PM

It's all good. If I was concerned with what The Other thought of my hobbies, I certainly wouldn't count myself amongst Discordians. I can see why some people think LARP sucks, or that I suck for doing it. All I can say to that is  :boring:. This is the Strange Times, and everybody is unspeakably weird. No shame there. One might just as validly critique people who post on forums all day, or own guns, or follow women's basketball or whatever.

You.

Thanks.

I just laughed so hard, I think I shit my pants.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on May 21, 2008, 06:03:00 PM

You.

Thanks.

And this is only one service we provide!

e

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 22, 2008, 12:29:26 AM

You.

Thanks.

It's surprising how many of them involve shit, though.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TheStripèdOne on May 22, 2008, 01:06:59 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 22, 2008, 12:29:26 AM

You.

Thanks.

It's surprising how many of them involve shit, though.

Well, we prefer to stay in our area of expertise.

I Am Not A Rhombus

Well, steam is known for it's anti-authoritarian stance.

But Steam on the other hand IS the fucking Man.

BADGE OF HONOR

The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: I Am Not A Rhombus on June 10, 2008, 01:55:23 AM
Well, steam is known for it's anti-authoritarian stance.

But Steam on the other hand IS the fucking Man.

What the hell does that mean?
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Mangrove

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Jenne

BADGE OF HONOR

By the way, I read like half of the other steampunk thread and was sad at having missed so many of Tigger's alts.   :sad:
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

LMNO

Jenne, that's pretty damn accurate.