News:

OK fuckers, let me out of here. I farted for you, what more do you want from me? Jesus fuck.

Main Menu

Ex-vegan needs moar dairy

Started by NWC, May 17, 2008, 09:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Feta cheese is all that is godly in this world. Also...please see my grilled cheese thread.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

NWC

Quote from: Reverend Kaousuu, DLotS. on May 19, 2008, 09:22:13 PM
Feta cheese is all that is godly in this world. Also...please see my grilled cheese thread.

I posted in it awhile back, and I'm still wanting to try the Irish soda bread with gouda.
PROSECUTORS WILL BE TRANSGRESSICUTED

mixchd

Time.... this intangible field we live within.  This thing with no face, but that of moving hands and shuffling numbers.  We don't own it, it owns us.  We're like it's pets, like hamsters in a hamster wheel, running... running... running... The only rest we get is sleep, but then that is interrupted too... by alarms... on clocks... that tell TIME!
=====Koan==============================================================
A CUP OF TEA
Nan-in, a Japanese master during the Meiji era (1868-1912), received a university professor who came to inquire about Zen.
Nan-in served tea. He poured his visitor's cup full, and then kept on pouring.
The professor watched the overflow until he no longer could restrain himself. "It is overfull. No more will go in!"
"Like this cup," Nan-in said, "you are full of your own opinions and speculations. How can I show you Zen unless you first empty your cup?"

Thurnez Isa

warmed up brie cheese (about 350 till you see some melting) maybe some pesto on the bottom
with some good white wine or champagne
and toasted french bread
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Darth Cupcake

Oh god, cheese is what keeps me from being vegan.

I love cheese so much.

Aged gouda, as 000 mentioned, is delicious, and cheese fondue is fantastic.

A nice little sammich:

-brie
-apple
-honey mustard (just a li'l)
-some sweet onion

Ingest, enjoy.

There are a billion kinds of AMAZING goat cheese (chevre), and I highly recommend trying all of them. Pasta with some sundried tomato, garlic/olive oil sauce, and some goat cheese crumbled in is delicious.

Also, quiche is a genius notion. My sister made a delicious zucchini quiche recently, and I enjoy onion and asparagus. Also, spinach quiche: simple, yet incredible.

Look up my thread on "onion soup that fuckin warms you!" and you will find the recipe for a SUPER SEKRIT ARMY SOUP involving so much dairy, you'll shit cheese bricks.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Sir Squid Diddimus

cheese is my all time fav.
i'll eat any cheese
except that illegal crap w/ the maggots in it. no thanks.

Jenne

Asiago, bitches.

Also, depends on what your having if you're going to delve into the world of cheeses.  I also recommend yogurt.  Sour cream is good, but yogurt is ssoooooo very flexible.

Darth Cupcake

Oh man, asiago!

Bruegger's has asiago/parmesan bagels that are SOOOOO good!
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Triple Zero

sandwich: goat cheese + honey + thyme --> oven

another cool thing to do is to get one of those small round camembert cheeses, coat it in egg and breadcrumbs, then bake it in a pan until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted inside.
better eat this with somebody else, because an entire camembert prepared like this might be a bit too much (otoh, it might not, if you're a big eater)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jenne

Holy shit...that sounds orgasmic, Tripzip.  You should add that under the wedding foods fread.

NWC

Quote from: triple zero on May 20, 2008, 11:44:58 PM
sandwich: goat cheese + honey + thyme --> oven

another cool thing to do is to get one of those small round camembert cheeses, coat it in egg and breadcrumbs, then bake it in a pan until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted inside.
better eat this with somebody else, because an entire camembert prepared like this might be a bit too much (otoh, it might not, if you're a big eater)

I have some excellent local organic honey, and one of my jobs is at a store that has over 120 kinds of spices, so now I just have to find some good goat cheese. But I'll hold off until July for that one, I'm trying not to spend pretty much any money before then.

But yeah, you just made me very hungry.
PROSECUTORS WILL BE TRANSGRESSICUTED