News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

Moments where your government managed to embarrass even YOU.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, May 18, 2008, 06:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wade

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 18, 2008, 07:47:36 PM
Quote from: wun-zee-row-fow-er on May 18, 2008, 07:43:55 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 18, 2008, 07:34:44 PM
Quote from: Alamaris on May 18, 2008, 07:15:26 PM
I can't remember the last time my government did something potentially embarrassing.  Then again, Canada is boring, so I tend to get my lulz from American news.

Anybody want to enlighten me to my country's faux pas?

Your failure to exterminate the cannibalistic Inuit, before they overran and captured the Northwest Territories.

LOL...

Other than the Beothuks, which were largely killed off before Canada existed as a nation, when was there ever a genocide in Canada?

Fucking whiners.  You wouldn't know a genocide if it gave you smallbox-infected blankets.

taks off shirt and puts on this one.

because I can not think of anything...like usual.
REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly
:thumb: :kojak:

The Good Reverend Roger

Oh, you're just a tee shirt collector.

I should have known.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Dysnomia

plz to stay on topic...give Canadian Genocide examples worm
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Dysnomia on May 18, 2008, 07:55:24 PM
plz to stay on topic...give Canadian Genocide examples worm

I poisoned an ant mound once
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Mangrove

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 18, 2008, 06:41:38 PM
Quote from: Mangrove on May 18, 2008, 06:22:32 PM

January 1992, moments after Bush Snr vomitted all over Japanese prime minisiter Kiichi Miyazawa

Actually, it was their foreign minister, wasn't it?

BBC say prime minister: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3200032.stm

but that doesn't mean it's true, however. (this is where I yoinked the pic from)
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Dysnomia

e

QuoteWASHINGTON, Sept. 30, 2006 -- Congress has ordered construction of 700 miles of fence along the U.S.-Mexican border.

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: triple zero on May 18, 2008, 06:48:01 PM
http://www.geenstijl.nl/filmpjes/Stem_voor_Mulder.wmv

a couple of years ago people in europe got to vote whether they wanted a european constitution or not. when the population of the netherlands appeared to vote against it in a fairly large majority, (some of) our politicians started making TV ads to convince the people to please vote for this constitution.

this one was in particularly bad taste. it shows images of the holocaust, Srebrenica and the terrorist attack in Madrid with the text "this never again", followed by some politician urging you to vote for this constitution!

after the first broadcasts on some local TV stations, the ad spread like wildfire on the internet (thanks to geenstijl.nl), the total and immediate outrage caused this ad to be pulled of the air within a matter of hours.

(afterwards, the Dutch people voted no, and a while later the politicians used some sort of loophole to do what they wanted to do in the first place, anyway)

Every country/government ever has pulled that stunt.  I know some Roman senators got to power by convincing other romans that Carthage was SRSLY SRSLY a big threat and needed to be wiped off the face of the earth.  Every side in WWII had their own version of the 'never again' slogan.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Thurnez Isa

Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Dysnomia

Jasper

I go about setting fire to spider egg sacs near my house.

Fucking hate spiders.

Dysnomia

every single time I see one of those 8-legged fuckers...they die.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Poor spiders!

I was hanging out at Boots' house today and he made me love him EVEN MORE by pointing out a big nest of baby spiders on his porch and then sitting under it, saying "I guess it's a good thing I don't have hair!"

Baby spiders are SO CUTE!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A