News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

ATTN: any other chefs who might read this

Started by East Coast Hustle, May 20, 2008, 03:50:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Today I am smoking a whole chicken. I am using only mesquite wood and a beer and mesquite rub. I am seriously drooling every time I go out to check it. This is about a 10 hour process at 200 degrees.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Adios

I will let you know shortly. I only hope it tastes as good as it smells.

Adios

Absolutely incredible. Perfectly moist all the way through and the flavor is excellent!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Adios

Here's the kicker. I put two baked potatoes foil wrapped with butter and ground garlic and salt and pepper in the smoker as well. Put the ingredients on the foil. Make a slit in the potato and put the slit on the ingredients. Double foil warp and cook slit and ingredients up.

Excuse me while I finish my Oral Orgasm.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

BADGE OF HONOR

Now I'm totally sad about my dinner sandwich, even if it did have pickles.   :cry:
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Jasper

BADGE OF HONOR

I don't remember posting this.  I don't remember the circumstances under which I posted it.  I think dinner sandwich just means a sandwich, that I had for dinner, but who the hell knows.

Sometimes having a terrible memory can be quite entertaining.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Jasper

Brain diarrhea.  I thought this was fresh.  Wasn't looking, and my "recent posts" button has been malfunctioning lately.

Nev-er-miiind.

navkat

Quote from: Felix on May 20, 2008, 06:28:33 AM
Sous-vide cooking uses airtight plastic bags placed in hot water well below boiling point for long periods of time.

It makes me sad, and a little sick to my stomach.

Yeah...that sounds like the perfect handling conditions for a food-borne illness nightmare.

The Dark Monk

Mexico, spreader of E-Coli and Salmonella. DONT EAT THE TOMATOES!
I thought this is all there is,
but now I know you are so much more.
I want to upgrade from my simple eight bits,
but will you still love me when I'm sixty-four?
~MIAB~

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: navkat on October 29, 2008, 09:49:47 AM
Sous-vide cooking uses airtight plastic bags placed in hot water well below boiling point for long periods of time.

Yeah...that sounds like the perfect handling conditions for a food-borne illness nightmare.

Not just ANY food-borne illness, mind yuo. We're talking about airtight plastic bags here, meaning an oxygen-free environment for happyfun things like botulism.

navkat

Quote from: Cainad on October 29, 2008, 05:20:26 PM
Quote from: navkat on October 29, 2008, 09:49:47 AM

Not just ANY food-borne illness, mind yuo. We're talking about airtight plastic bags here, meaning an oxygen-free environment for happyfun things like botulism.

Do not taunt happy fun botulism?