News:

PD.com: Like a fraternity of drunken clowns, hopped up on goofballs, beating one-another to a bloody pulp with bricks; the maniacal laughter increases exponentially as someone runs off to get a cinder-block.

Main Menu

Excerpt 1 of HIMEOBS Investigation tape #9

Started by Cain, November 12, 2007, 08:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratonderio

I mean, there was already a news report on it when I went there so I didn't have to do much. = P

Requia ☣

AP will publish *any* press release, no matter how nuts, iirc.  People looking at the press release pages are supposed to know that its a more or less automated service for people to post things, not real news.

Do we have people with acting abilities up to creating fake tapes of these?
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Ratonderio

I thought I'd make mention that those are recoded sites I took screenshots of rather than photoshopped.  I don't want anyone to have the impression that I'm any good whatsoever with photoshop. Because I'm not.  I'm just in the process of learning (x)html/css and thought I might have found something it was actually useful for.

Cain

Are you doing the old trick of removing the actual text from a saved HTML version of the site and replacing it, then saving and screenshotting it?

Because its a good one.  We have a group set up from this site, called The Adam Weisphaut Society, which did much the same thing with news reports.  We would then spread fake news via the internet.

Ratonderio

That's indeed the one.  I figure "fake news" is just as good as "real news" any day.  Maybe it's possible to cause a ruckus with something someone has conjured up here, if anyone's any good with social networking.  Which is fine by me really if anyone is in the mood for some slight upsets in closed mindedness.  I've been reading up on The Black Iron Prison etc. and that really made an impression on me more so than the Principia Discordia and I'd really just like to present any help I could with any of the ongoing projects here.

Cain

Oh cool.

Well so far, I think our main project is going to be http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=17558.0, though something else may come up.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Ratonderio on September 08, 2008, 01:10:16 AM
I thought I'd make mention that those are recoded sites I took screenshots of rather than photoshopped.  I don't want anyone to have the impression that I'm any good whatsoever with photoshop. Because I'm not.  I'm just in the process of learning (x)html/css and thought I might have found something it was actually useful for.

awesome. that's a good trick :D

do you use Opera for it? cause Opera let's you just "view source", edit stuff and "apply changes" [also useful for hacking around badly coded javascript protections] [and for recovering passwords that you forgot, but are still in your auto-fill-in list] [and such]

writing reply to your PM about coding now.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Ratonderio

Actually I just recently made the switch to Opera, have been using Firefox for the longest time and I've had Opera as well, but was just biased towards Firefox for some reason.  Now that I've started using Opera it's my favorite thing in the effin world what with Dragonfly, mouse gestures, widgets et cetera it's just great and I'm kind of mad I didn't give it ample chance.  My only problem with it is that .pdf files refuse to open in Opera, I just get a freeze and have to restart so I have to switch back to Firefox for whenever I want to look at memebombs and such =P.