News:

Living proof that any damn fool can make things more complex

Main Menu

Discordia Prophetica

Started by Phineas T. Poxwattle, February 17, 2009, 07:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phineas T. Poxwattle

This is an x-post from elsewhere on the web. This is presumably the book which contains some of the "lost writings of Kerry Thornley" that we heard rumor about a few months ago. Thought you cats would want the chance to submit stuff for it.

Hail Eris!

We are Sondra London & DrJon Swabey. We are bringing forth the Discordia Prophetica.

And so we toss the venerable Discordia Apocrypha, the Honest Book of Truth, Erisian Mysteries, & Kulcha into the Chaosotron with the freshest new discordiana in the world.

From Atlanta to Australia, Nagasaki to Athens, London to Dallas, they include: Kerry Thornley, The Erisian Elestria, DrJon Swabey, Dr. Liber, Dr. Hoopla, Prince Mu-Chao, Cardinal Sin, Pilliard Dickle, Icarus, Sham Ibrahim, Priestess of Blackwing Butterflies, Temple of Mumbo Jumbo, & Tom Bradley.

Have YOU composed any discordian prophecies or erisian mysteries, deep thoughts or smart remarks? Fnords, inexplicata, apocrypha, visions or hallucinations, doodles or diagrams, jingles or gimcracks, you'd like to SUBMIT?

WE ARE NOW ISO text and hi-res B/W graphics concerning golden apples and the tossing thereof by goddesses; references to Kallisti, "For the Prettiest One"; controversy, chaos, discord, illumination, inspiration, lunacy, slack, fives, twenty-threes, four-twenties; prophecy, glossolalia, incantation, recursive or obsessive trips, rants, brags; influenced by arcana, subgenius, dada, zines, mythology, voices in head.

- This book DISCORDIA PROPHETICA will be published as Kopyleft.
- It will be sold on a Print on Demand basis.
- We are NOT making it available electronically.
- We are going to offer this book to the public via sondralondon.com for a SLIGHT MARKUP over costs.
- You keep the rights to your own work.
- If your submission is accepted, as a contributor you can buy the book AT COST.
- We ask you NOT to sell DISCORDIA PROPHETICA online anywhere.
- We are in no way affiliated with kerrythornley.com, and in no way do we endorse them.

I PREFER TO CORRESPOND VIA SONDRA@SONDRALONDON.COM

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

Quote- We are NOT making it available electronically.

FAIL :argh!:

I guess someone will just have to buy it and upload scans the old-fashioned way.

Phineas T. Poxwattle

yeah, they're releasing it as Kopyleft, so you can be sure there'll be electronic versions bouncing around the tubes faster than you can say 23 Skidoo.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It looks interesting, if I can dredge myself out of this funk I'll see if I can come up with something to submit.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hooplala

This thread may (may!) have been posted too late... last I heard they were finalizing the editing. 
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Well, that takes the pressure off, anyway.  :lulz:

AFK

That's unfortunate because I just wrote the best thing ever.  It would have revolutionized stuff in a revolutionary way.  Oh well, guess I'll just have to send it to Penthouse instead. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Phineas T. Poxwattle

I e-mailed Sondra and DrJon to get an official answer

Phineas T. Poxwattle

update: still accepting submissions

Thurnez Isa

rather then submitting I will just say all my stuff at the poe forum under TI's kopyleft thread can be used if they need filler..
they can also correct some of my horrible use of TI grammar if they want
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Idiot

Sondra?  Sounds like you are trying not to be Sandra.

Which means you are more like a cricket.

Aufenthatt

drjon

Quote from: Phineas T. Poxwattle on February 17, 2009, 07:02:37 PM
This is an x-post from elsewhere on the web. This is presumably the book which contains some of the "lost writings of Kerry Thornley" that we heard rumor about a few months ago...

Nope, it's some different "lost writings of Kerry Thornley" than the ones you heard about.

Been busy. Will talk soon.

Love,

Lincoln McMurphy
--><--
Eris Broke my Hot Rod
The Appendix Discordia:
- The Semi-Official Quasi-Clandestine Bavarian Illuminati/Discordian Archives
- How The West Was Lost (Principia Discordia - The 1st Edition)
- The Apocrypha Discordia