News:

I live in the Promised Land, except the Chosen People are all trying to get out. 

Main Menu

2012: what is it other than another convoluted way to obtain "5" and "23"

Started by indifferent betty, May 21, 2008, 01:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lupernikes_shadowbark

Not really magic...that stufff doesn't work really...Headology is better

It's all in your head really and, perhaps the best way of putting it, in the Universe's head.  Magic is influencing things and belief, not flashes and fancy lights

LMNO

Terry Pratchett has early onset Alzheimer's.

Either that, or Vetineri's finally gotten to him.

hooplala

Quote from: Lupernikes_shadowbark on September 01, 2008, 09:39:36 AM

It's all in your head really and, perhaps the best way of putting it, in the Universe's head.  Magic is influencing things and belief, not flashes and fancy lights
:|

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Triple Zero

Quote from: Hoopla on September 02, 2008, 01:44:24 PM
Quote from: Lupernikes_shadowbark on September 01, 2008, 09:39:36 AM

:|

one, 50.
two, actually i think this is one of the more sensible things he's said, considering the "i saw beings made of light outside the visible spectrum" from the other thread. and magic being in the universe's head is not a bad way to describe the few things about magic that might actually work.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

hooplala

I pay no attention to the "50 post rule".

Perhaps I misunderstood his statement, though.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Lupernikes_shadowbark

Quote from: Hoopla on September 02, 2008, 09:08:41 PM

sorry dude, I did explain it perhaps badly or in a rushed way...i did just post a better explaination on the 'other lifeform' thread...that a lot of what we consider supernatural is perfectly natural.....the famous unused portion of our brains, senses outside of the normal 5, science not being as omniscient as science itself has conditioned us into believing....the list goes on.  Magic is manifestation of other aspects of the human mind and the world around us, the universe itself, which science cannot explain and therefore avers does not exist.  But I've had an experience with magic which is undeniable.  I had a spell cast at me by someone and knew, the instant it was cast, that it had been and have no explaination as to why, I had no way of knowing either, as I was in the Uk and she was in the USA and we had not been in contact for some time, but i knew.....stream of conciousness and universal conciousness is one idea.....read Dan Simmons Endymion for an idea on what i think it could be...

so I'm not poo-pooing magic as a phenomenon...I am a firm believer in some forms of it, merely that the flashy lights and so forth are individual, how one person experiences it, not the norm. 

To me part of the answer is electromagnetism....any psychic ever noticed static discharge before and ever found out not everyone else experiences that?

LMNO

Quote from: Lupernikes_shadowbark on September 03, 2008, 08:28:22 AM

sorry dude, I did explain it perhaps badly or in a rushed way...i did just post a better explaination on the 'other lifeform' thread...that a lot of what we consider supernatural is perfectly natural.....the famous unused portion of our brains, senses outside of the normal 5, science not being as omniscient as science itself has conditioned us into believing....the list goes on.  Magic is manifestation of other aspects of the human mind and the world around us, the universe itself, which science cannot explain and therefore avers does not exist.  But I've had an experience with magic which is undeniable.  I had a spell cast at me by someone and knew, the instant it was cast, that it had been and have no explaination as to why, I had no way of knowing either, as I was in the Uk and she was in the USA and we had not been in contact for some time, but i knew.....stream of conciousness and universal conciousness is one idea.....read Dan Simmons Endymion for an idea on what i think it could be...

so I'm not poo-pooing magic as a phenomenon...I am a firm believer in some forms of it, merely that the flashy lights and so forth are individual, how one person experiences it, not the norm. 

To me part of the answer is electromagnetism....any psychic ever noticed static discharge before and ever found out not everyone else experiences that?

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 03, 2008, 01:14:57 AM
Quote from: LMNO on August 29, 2008, 02:29:15 PM
Yeah, I think you'll do fine here.

RUBBISH!   :argh!:

I stand corrected.

A Useful Tool.

hooplala

Ah, yes, I did misunderstand you.  I should start reading entire posts instead of just scanning for my name.

I pretty much agree with you.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Triple Zero

Quote from: Hoopla on September 03, 2008, 01:28:26 PM

Ah, yes, I did misunderstand you.  I should start reading entire posts instead of just scanning for my name.

I pretty much agree with you.

really? explain me about the electromagnetism please?

also:

Quote from: dogshoesTo me part of the answer is electromagnetism....any psychic ever noticed static discharge before and ever found out not everyone else experiences that?

UNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

NNN

N

NNNNG!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Lupernikes_shadowbark

well various animals have some form of electromagnetic sense; dolphins, whales, sharks, wolves and many migratory birds.  They use it to navigate and/or locate prey.  Seeing as humans were, early in our development a nomadic species (so we're told) as well as hunters we could well have had some form of electromagnetic sense.  Now some people theorise that so called 'spiritual entities' are silicon, rather than carbon based.  Therefore these beings would emit EM signatures which can be detected and also cause effects on the environment around them.  Common manifestation traits are things such as wind/drafts, a drop in temperature and/or air pressure.  An EM pulse on low frequency in a localised area can cause some of these effects. 

Now the thing i describe is this; I occasionally experience something I can only call a static discharge.  It feels no more and no less like your body shedding electricity of the static variety, you can sometimes even feel the feint 'crack' as when one touches the neck or hand of a friend after rubbing ones shoes on nylon matting for a laugh (you know what i mean i hope), but this feels like the whole body sheds the charge.  Now I always thought this was common and that everyone experienced it but it happened to me once recently and made me shudder, my wife asked what I was doing (as wives invariably do) and I offhandedly told her; she had no idea what I meant.  I have since discovered that a number of alleged psychics also experience this and wondered weather there was perhaps a link?  Is the ability of some people to see spirits related to or merely a by-product of this rediscovered electromagnetic sense? I always seem to know where I am and never get lost but that could be unrelated. 

So the simple premise is this; are so called spirits simply silicon-based beings who have bodies made differently to ours and are thus invisible to the majority (they diffract rather than absorb light) but can be sensed by those who possess this 'lost' sense?  Ties in with my belief that many 'abilities' are linked to other 'lost senses'.

LMNO

Then again, it could be all quantum.

Or it's equally possible that Jesus did it.

LMNO
-when it's purely conjecture, all answers have the same truth value.

Lupernikes_shadowbark

that too, everything else is (more TP mat? shame on you!)....just theories or ideas of mine but in no way definate, incontrovertible truth.....don't believe in that, truth is subjective you see

Mangrove

Quote from: LMNO on September 03, 2008, 03:50:00 PM
Then again, it could be all quantum.

Or it's equally possible that Jesus did it.

LMNO
-when it's purely conjecture, all answers have the same truth value.

Crap. You just reminded me. I never found that 'Quantum Physics/New Testament' book I saw in a book warehouse a few years ago.

:sad:
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

LMNO

Quote from: Lupernikes_shadowbark on September 03, 2008, 04:29:30 PM
that too, everything else is (more TP mat? shame on you!)....just theories or ideas of mine but in no way definate, incontrovertible truth.....don't believe in that, some kinds of truth is subjective you see, for a given definition of "true".

Fixed that for you.