News:

Testimonial: "PD is the home of Pure Evil and All That Is Wrong With the Interwebz." - Queen of the Ryche, apparently in all seriousness

Main Menu

2012: what is it other than another convoluted way to obtain "5" and "23"

Started by indifferent betty, May 21, 2008, 01:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Ali G: so tell me, does Brooklyn like your music, or is he getting a bit too old for it now?

Posh Spice:  He does, he does like music.  He jigs about and dances around and enjoys it.

Ali G: Respect.

Posh Spice: A footballer with rhythm.

Ali G: So tell me, is your little boy starting to put all sentences together?

Posh Spice: He's saying little bits and pieces, yeah.

Ali G:  and what about Brooklyn?

*laughter*

Ali G:  so do you want him to grow up to be a footballer, like his dad, or a singer, like Mariah Carey?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P842Tmi6lrc

I_Kicked_Kennedy

So, have we come to a consensus on how Discordians will capitalize on 2012 hysteria?

Sorta like all the Y2K patches and billions of dollars nerds made before the NASDAQ poomped?
If I had a million dollars, I'd put it all in a sensible mutual fund.

Cramulus

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cramulus

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Random Probability

Lupernikes_shadowbark

Hi, I'm a new member and (I think this happens a lot but please feel free to correct me) have been a discordian all my life, only didn't realise it at first, or maybe I did and just forgot to tell myself that...so much was going on and my memory isn't what it's going to have been, you know?

Anyway, I'm also a sensative and I have a pretty good idea what is going to happen.  Not a strict immanetisement perhaps but a metaphysical shift will take place.  Anyone who has heard of the Lovecraftian lliogor may have experienced things which may well be them and I seriously believe I have done, and they are becoming more common, ie they are drawing more energy from current attitudes and conflicts.  I'll give anyone whose interested a detailed description of the three clearest encounters I've had (two where sceptics have been roped in unwittingly as witnesses and subsequently illuminated) but I shan't bore folk now....

point is something is happening and chains of events are being linked together, by whom  I cannot say, but how could Eris not, being an avatar of Chaos, be there for the party?

Cain

Have you read any Daniel Pinchbeck (sp?) by any chance?  I believe his attitude is that there is so much happening currently, that simply the energy and focus being placed on 2012 will allow for a shift in attitudes towards a number of things.

I dunno, it seems unlikely, but it may fit into your hypothesis as well.

Lupernikes_shadowbark

Hi there!  I think you may be right and, although I haven't read the author you mention I have read about St Tielhard (a Jesuit...hmmm) and his 2012 Omega point theories....

I think the whole Christian thing of Revelation is a corruption of both that and earlier ideas; a revelation of sorts and awareness of what is beyond our ken.....perhaps time for other beings, be they extraterrestrial, spiritual or just 'other' to reveal themselves to all or a select number.  My theory rests on the fact that human evolution has gone as far as it needs to physically so any further evolution we make (unless the environment drastically alters overnight) will be a mental one....either our senses, our outlook, our 'abilities'...

maybe just humans accepting there are other forms of 'life' which science cannot yet classify and that we're not the dominant species either....something will change I think

this is what i call a hunch as I 'know' it to some degree but couldn't tell you how I do....if you follow, which you probably don't!  lol

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Lupernikes_shadowbark

Quote from: triple zero on August 29, 2008, 12:20:45 PM
Quote from: Lupernikes_shadowbark on August 29, 2008, 08:18:00 AMAnyway, I'm also a sensative

What's that?

I don't deal with criticism well and like weepy movies  :wink:

No seriously  :D I'm, shall we say, more open to seeing what is, to quote the Great Pratchett, really there.

spirits, other entities, shadows and whispers and so forth....hard to explain.  I don't like the term 'psychic' as it's The Man's word and sounds too similar to 'psycho'

LMNO

Hi Lupe,

You seem like a nice person, so I'll say this now, before any potential shit goes down:

Some of the people here are pretty skeptical about anything that smells of Magick or the Paranormal.

Some of them can get pretty mean about it too.

If, after getting a taste, you don't want to deal, the Eris Bar & Grill may have the kind of people you're looking for.

But if you enjoy gallows humor, horromirth, laughing until screaming, screaming until laughing, self-deprication, cynicism, and militant subjectivism, you've come to the right place.

Check out "Or Kill Me" for rants and mouth-foaming goodness, and "Think for Yourself, Schmuck!" for pieces on expanding/updating Discordian thinking.

Lupernikes_shadowbark

Thanks very much for the update LMNO, I do appreciate your nice welcome, mate *bows*

I know, old old saying about understanding, fear and hate eh?

You seem like a nice chap too yourself so I thank you once more..

oh and don't worry, I can handle the flamers, I find their efforts both amusing and, at times, a challenge... they shall harm me not...but I may well visit the zones of the likeminded you mention  :)

"Contol belief and you get belief in control and then people forget about being controlled and simply believe."

LMNO