News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

the aftermath zombie infection vs cannibal armies

Started by fomenter, May 21, 2008, 06:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fomenter

the aftermath zombie infection vs cannibal armies

in preparation for our bright and shiny future the need to discuss the possibility of and
survival techniques for the zombie infection / advancing cannibal army .  for this discussion i
recommend watching dawn of the dead , reading the zombie survival guide for zombie related
information . for cannibal armies read lucifer's hammer by Larry Niven (any further
recommendations for material on this subject would be appreciated)
the following  should be considered

which is more likely?
which is more dangerous ?

sure you might say zombies don't exist there just fiction but consider how much of what we
have / do was predicted by fiction (IE moon landings) . with upcoming advances in nano
technology and there inevitable use as a weapon the possibility of corpses animated by nano
bots energised by the flesh they eat infecting those they come in contact with becomes not
only more real but possibly inevitable.

cannibal armies may not seem so far fetched to any one who saw the effects of hurricane
Katrina (what if the disaster were national or global and help did not come instead of just
being late) so the possibility of armies of cannibals moving cross the country forcing the
population to provide for them (if you are strong you join the army and hunt human meat or
you resist and  become that meat)the weak and defenseless are all eaten.

both the zombie infection and the cannibal army pose serious risks, the first defence against
either is of course the armed civilian (sorry non Americans you may be S.O. L ) the biggest
danger posed by the cannibal army is they are human and have the same skills/abilities as those
they hunt (a military man become cannibal has a dangerous set of skills) they can also use
guns ( sorry Americans you may be S.O.L ). with the zombie infection the biggest risk is infection and the fact that they are already dead and therefor harder to stop

so let us work together and
- provide reference material for survival
- debate survival strategy
- make stupid jokes
- debate the relative probability of cannibal armies vs zombie infection
- eat the rich
- bask in the glow that is aftermath

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Reginald Ret

the zombie infection seems to require sloppy scientists while the cannibal armies requires a sloppy government... which do you think is more likely?
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

fomenter

tough call - we already have sloppy government and sloppy science its a race to see who makes the big fuck up first . i guess natural disasters give sloppy government a statistical edge and of course the possible chance some military general will watch a zombie movie and think zombies would make a neato weapon
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Reginald Ret

nanotech zombies without transmittors to communicate, your basic brainless eats everything kind of zombie, the way to explain the slow walking is by bad interface between nanotech and corpse.

info:
moves slow
eats anything
infects animals with a specificity depending on the nanotech(pick a specificity, mammals for instance)
nanotech took over bodily functions
body slowly decaying cuz nanotech=fail
not in any way allergic to holy symbols or silver
resilience to massive trauma depending on adaptability of nanotech(again just pick one, keeps functioning as long as digestive tract is mostly intact i'd prefer)
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: revidc on May 23, 2008, 04:22:52 AM
RIGHT.

I'LL TRY AGAIN I CAPS LOCK.

WHAT.

TYPE.

OF.

ZOMBIES?

you kids know nothing of Zombies.

Ask your parents about the Chicago Outbreak of 64.

The place never has been the same since.

Rogue Psyonetiks zombies.

Jasper

Quote from: Regret on May 23, 2008, 04:46:27 AM
nanotech zombies without transmittors to communicate, your basic brainless eats everything kind of zombie, the way to explain the slow walking is by bad interface between nanotech and corpse.

info:
moves slow
eats anything
infects animals with a specificity depending on the nanotech(pick a specificity, mammals for instance)
nanotech took over bodily functions
body slowly decaying cuz nanotech=fail
not in any way allergic to holy symbols or silver
resilience to massive trauma depending on adaptability of nanotech(again just pick one, keeps functioning as long as digestive tract is mostly intact i'd prefer)

This is why everyone like you is going to DIE.

The only way you'll survive is to assume zombies can run as fast as cheetahs, smell fear, have fangs, super strength, can use guns, and are in league with Cthulhu.

Then, if it's possible to be ready, you're there.

nostalgicBadger

meh.

Jasper

fomenter

what type of zombies ? the most scientifically plausible combined with Felix's accurate assessment that assuming the worst is a survival necessity . the three most scientifically plausible seem to me to be 1 nanotec zombies (don't touch that grey goo)
                                                             2 t cell genetic mutation viruses (we are messing with genes as we speak)
                                                             3 parasitic organisms  (spider wasps paralyze a spider and lay there Young inside,one order of complexity higher the   
                                                                                            young take control of the host and zombify it to feed using its digestive tract)

hmroogp

Jasper

fomenter

hmroogp

Jasper

fomenter

hmroogp

Jasper

fomenter

hmroogp