News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

Exploding Asparagus Soup (yum!)

Started by Verbal Mike, May 22, 2008, 09:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on May 25, 2008, 01:39:59 PM
sarcasm > other forms of humor

also, peeling asparagus is still retarded. If it needs to be peeled before you can eat it, you suck at picking out asparagus. thinner stalks FTW. and ALWAYS snap off the tough bottoms of the stalks. But hoops is 169% correct...peel asparagus and you might as well peel broccoli or celery or something. You have incisors for a reason.

Ok, I understand how to choose the better asparagus.  They aren't always available.  Also, I did mention the fact that we were picking them on the side of the road.  I didn't mean at a vegetable stand.  I mean they grow out of the ground on the side of the road.  They get tuff.  I'd rather eat peeled asparagus than no asparagus.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on May 25, 2008, 01:39:59 PM
peel asparagus and you might as well peel broccoli or celery or something.

Don't you peel and eat the stems of broccoli? The woody layer is inedible, but if you peel it, the inside is good.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Quote from: Nigel on May 30, 2008, 03:19:45 AM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on May 25, 2008, 01:39:59 PMpeel asparagus and you might as well peel broccoli or celery or something.

Don't you peel and eat the stems of broccoli? The woody layer is inedible, but if you peel it, the inside is good.

no, apparently you need to throw the stems away because you should expect nothing less than just broccoli flowers on your plate.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Fuck that, I'm cooking for a family of five and they will EAT IT.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: triple zero on May 31, 2008, 12:27:54 AM
Quote from: Nigel on May 30, 2008, 03:19:45 AM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on May 25, 2008, 01:39:59 PMpeel asparagus and you might as well peel broccoli or celery or something.

no, apparently you need to throw the stems away because you should expect nothing less than just broccoli flowers on your plate.

damn right. And they had better damn well be organic free-range grass-fed broccoli flowers, or you totally fucking suck at life.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on May 31, 2008, 03:48:58 AM
damn right. And they had better damn well be organic free-range grass-fed broccoli flowers, or you totally fucking suck at life.

:lulz:

and i like broccoli stalks or stems or legs or feet.
whatever they're called, they're tasty sweet and sturdy