News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

Lollercaust Repository

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, May 23, 2008, 06:23:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

HEY YOU FUCKING DISCORDIANS! quit sewing discord in my thread!
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: vexati0n on May 25, 2008, 05:12:38 AM

<AHEM> it's "sowing"!

Totally just kidding, I will stop being flippant about this now, and I'm sorry, Net and Vex.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Nigel on May 25, 2008, 07:18:19 AM
Quote from: vexati0n on May 25, 2008, 05:12:38 AM

<AHEM> it's "sowing"!

Totally just kidding, I will stop being flippant about this now, and I'm sorry, Net and Vex.

Apology accepted.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Mangrove

More importantly - I can't sign up and the computer is telling me that Mangrove is already in use as a user name.  :?  :cry:
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

tyrannosaurus vex

uhm.. there's no Mangrove. I'll make you an account and PM you your username/password.

hooplala

I can do some black and white illustrations if people tell me what they want.

ALSO: I'm not big on backgrounds. So there.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

tyrannosaurus vex

<ego> this discussion should be taking place at the Repository </ego>

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mangrove

Quote from: vexati0n on May 28, 2008, 03:59:43 PM
uhm.. there's no Mangrove. I'll make you an account and PM you your username/password.

thank you!
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Triple Zero

Quote from: vexati0n on May 28, 2008, 05:18:47 PM
<ego> this discussion should be taking place at the Repository </ego>

please keep us updated on any happenings, though. i can't check your depository all the time sorry :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

UPDATE: Lollercaust Proofreading Pls (ALSO, GIT OUT UR FUCKING CHECKBOOK)

The large version lollercaust idea was tearfully abandoned. It was slowly revealed that everyone interested is in a state of chronic poverty, losing butt fat by the week (it's the last to go).

We're sticking with standard formats because large = 'spensive. Well, how about if the design required a slightly larger printer (tabloid, A3) , BUT you only need to print two one-sided pages.

This was an exercise in legibility—even though larger is better for this design—it's possible to print these out on letter and A4 sized sheets and still read it (look for the "fit to printable area" option). When I'm bored enough on public transportation, I'll read the Cheetos packaging some fingerlicking mouthbreather left tucked between the seats or the fine print on the tickets to a show. I know there are people with good eyesight out there, curious enough to read such tiny type.

Now, my guinea spags, read as much of this as you can at different sizes and report back grievances as specifically as possible. I won't take offense. This is the only one out the series that I have hammered out.

:hammer:

11x17

Cramulus

Kay. I printed out a copy on 8x11 and an 11x17... My office seems to be out of A4 paper.

Initial reactions:

It's an interesting layout. I like how you have to actually rotate the page to read all the text.

I like the dingbats - I was worried that a big block of text like this would be difficult to read (usually it's a recepie for tl;dr) but I think the dingbats help a bit.

On 8x11, the text is nearly unreadable. I have to squint, and I don't think I'd read more than one section before my eyes were sore. There's a lot of white space on the page. It's sexy, but it doesn't justify such small text. On the 11x17 size it's still small. I think the voracious readers would stick with it, but someone with mild interest will lose interest quickly. I'm one of the people that gets bored and reads the cheetos wrappers, so I think I'd stick with it, but unless we ellicit a lol or two in the first 30 seconds of reading, I think they'll only be reading for 30 seconds.

Maybe decrease the number of stories per sheet? We could have five different lollercaust sheets, with maybe three stories on each? If the intent is to get strangers to read it (which I believe is the goal), we need to make it more accessable to random half-literate morans.

Thanks for the feedback Cram, I'll make some revisions.

Verbal Mike

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on June 16, 2008, 03:54:29 PM
Maybe decrease the number of stories per sheet? We could have five different lollercaust sheets, with maybe three stories on each? If the intent is to get strangers to read it (which I believe is the goal), we need to make it more accessable to random half-literate morans.
TITCM
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.