News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

If you don't have anything useful to say...

Started by e, May 23, 2008, 05:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mixchd

Time.... this intangible field we live within.  This thing with no face, but that of moving hands and shuffling numbers.  We don't own it, it owns us.  We're like it's pets, like hamsters in a hamster wheel, running... running... running... The only rest we get is sleep, but then that is interrupted too... by alarms... on clocks... that tell TIME!
=====Koan==============================================================
A CUP OF TEA
Nan-in, a Japanese master during the Meiji era (1868-1912), received a university professor who came to inquire about Zen.
Nan-in served tea. He poured his visitor's cup full, and then kept on pouring.
The professor watched the overflow until he no longer could restrain himself. "It is overfull. No more will go in!"
"Like this cup," Nan-in said, "you are full of your own opinions and speculations. How can I show you Zen unless you first empty your cup?"

Daruko

NOT AT WORK I DON'T! 

I mean... I wouldn't anyway.

wade

REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly
:thumb: :kojak:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TheStripèdOne on May 23, 2008, 05:33:32 PM
Don't say anything at all.

Naw.  I think I'll say what I want to say, and not worry about who gets all butthurt about it.

OR KILL ME, you assholes.

You're doing it wrong.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

And for fuck's sake stop posting masturbation pictures.

Despite what you (and this is a plural you, before any specific people start bitching at me for siding with Daruko.  If you're going to accuse me, you may as well do it as a group, after all) might think, doing so does not make you clever.  It certainly doesn't add any sort of anything to the thread you post it in. 

OKAY, IT'S CRYSTAL CLEAR.  You don't like Daruko, and think everything he says is stupid.

But guess what?  By doing this EVERY.  SINGLE.  TIME. he posts something does not make me giggle in glee, saying "OH TEE HEE, another clever refutation of whatever daruko just spat out!"  All it makes me do is think that you must be very bored, waiting eagerly at your monitor to pounce whenever he posts, and in a glory of gusto post yet another reference to, or flat-out picture OF somebody masturbating.

I GET IT.  You think that Daruko is only posting to hear himself talk.  Mental masturbation.  OKAY, can we please move on now?

Something you should realise is that you're doing the same thing, only ten times worse, when you respond to it like you are.  Your accusations of ego-stroking are only rebounded back at you.  Does it make you feel big to make fun of him?  Does it make you warm and sticky in your special place?  Does it?

Quote from: everybody's motherIf you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

This contest of penis-measuring (or not, as gender allows) must end!  I am now unable to click on any thread that daruko has posted in at work, just in case one of you clever bastards has slapped up a picture that will offend people in the office (or patrons for that matter, as I sometimes browse[d?] this forum when in areas the public have access to).

THANKS!  You've BROKED IT.

So for fuck's sake, if you think Daruko is a moron, can't you please just ignore everything he says?  Is it really THAT HARD?

This is especially bothersome when he's actually posted something that looks like it had some level of thought in it.  Calling him an idiot when he does this is certainly at cross-purposes.  It basically encourages him to act like an idiot more.  If he's going to get constantly belittled anyway, what the fuck, right?  Might as well be a total jack-ass.

Another thing I've been wondering in a few cases is: "Would this masturbatory picture have been posted if somebody else had said what daruko just said?"  I'm sure there have been at least a few places where he's said stuff which other people on the forum have similar ideas about.

I know, I'm relatively new here.  This isn't "my forum" and if you want to act like a hemerrhoidally flaming jackass, please be my guest.  But, and this is important, it isn't "your forum" any more than it's mine.  So chill the fuck out, and remember that there are other people on the internet and in the world.

At the VERY least, can we please keep the pictures posted to those like "a man with a tube of lube in his hand" and not "a nekkid woman with her legs spread and tits bouncing around as she rubs her oiled juicy bits against something"? 

Some of us browse at work, you know.  And I don't think it's just me that will state that last request.

Dude, SORRY.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: daruko on May 23, 2008, 07:33:08 PM

As far as Nigel's new fetish:
Mixchd being my wife and all.... I've kinda wondered why the disrespect towards her with the sexual stuff. 

Oh, it made you... uncomfortable, did it, little boy?

As for disrespecting your wife :lulz: "Oh noes, some pissy bitch on the internet is disrespecting you by following me around posting masturbation references!" 

Mixchd is alright in my book... she's done nothing but awesome since she logged in here. Didn't go all whiny and emo, didn't get creepy about Suu, didn't call anyone names and then pull the "you just have to know me, it's my sense of humor" card, didn't declare a jihad on anyone, didn't insult *everyone's* intelligence by claiming we are a hivemind led by Evil Queen Bee Roger.

Why, she acts just like... OMG! A Real Live Decent Human Being!

I don't actually hate you, Daruko. You're more interesting than 221, and you're a good solid source of amusement, especially when I'm drunk. Hell, I don't even *actually* hate 221 and Netaungrot, it's just fun to pretend I do.

Oh, and BTW... you just have to get to know me, it's my sense of humor. I do this with my IRL friends ALL THE TIME and they think it's funny.  :roll:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Nigel on May 24, 2008, 11:50:23 PM

I don't actually hate you, Daruko. You're more interesting than 221, and you're a good solid source of amusement, especially when I'm drunk. Hell, I don't even *actually* hate 221 and Netaungrot, it's just fun to pretend I do.

your hate is weak.. young one...
/
/
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Requia ☣

I'm actually on Daruko's side.  And people keep going off on him for being pinealistic even when everyone else is doing it.

Except when he's being a fucktard, which is about half the time, though that's not nearly as bad as some people.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't remember anyone going off on him for pinealism, just for being a dick, then for being whiny about being persecuted for being a dick, then attacking people, then being whiny and self-loathing about attacking people, then doing it again.

My thought is that I might as well get a couple of yuks out of it as long as he keeps it up. It might not be funny to you, but the idea of sketching Daruko out via the minimal effort of posting the same weary joke in response to everything he said to the extent that it ceased to be a joke and took on creepiness had me in stitches.

e

Quote from: Nigel on May 24, 2008, 10:48:21 PM

And for fuck's sake stop posting masturbation pictures.

Despite what you (and this is a plural you, before any specific people start bitching at me for siding with Daruko.  If you're going to accuse me, you may as well do it as a group, after all) might think, doing so does not make you clever.  It certainly doesn't add any sort of anything to the thread you post it in. 

OKAY, IT'S CRYSTAL CLEAR.  You don't like Daruko, and think everything he says is stupid.

But guess what?  By doing this EVERY.  SINGLE.  TIME. he posts something does not make me giggle in glee, saying "OH TEE HEE, another clever refutation of whatever daruko just spat out!"  All it makes me do is think that you must be very bored, waiting eagerly at your monitor to pounce whenever he posts, and in a glory of gusto post yet another reference to, or flat-out picture OF somebody masturbating.

I GET IT.  You think that Daruko is only posting to hear himself talk.  Mental masturbation.  OKAY, can we please move on now?

Something you should realise is that you're doing the same thing, only ten times worse, when you respond to it like you are.  Your accusations of ego-stroking are only rebounded back at you.  Does it make you feel big to make fun of him?  Does it make you warm and sticky in your special place?  Does it?

Quote from: everybody's motherIf you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

This contest of penis-measuring (or not, as gender allows) must end!  I am now unable to click on any thread that daruko has posted in at work, just in case one of you clever bastards has slapped up a picture that will offend people in the office (or patrons for that matter, as I sometimes browse[d?] this forum when in areas the public have access to).

THANKS!  You've BROKED IT.

So for fuck's sake, if you think Daruko is a moron, can't you please just ignore everything he says?  Is it really THAT HARD?

This is especially bothersome when he's actually posted something that looks like it had some level of thought in it.  Calling him an idiot when he does this is certainly at cross-purposes.  It basically encourages him to act like an idiot more.  If he's going to get constantly belittled anyway, what the fuck, right?  Might as well be a total jack-ass.

Another thing I've been wondering in a few cases is: "Would this masturbatory picture have been posted if somebody else had said what daruko just said?"  I'm sure there have been at least a few places where he's said stuff which other people on the forum have similar ideas about.

I know, I'm relatively new here.  This isn't "my forum" and if you want to act like a hemerrhoidally flaming jackass, please be my guest.  But, and this is important, it isn't "your forum" any more than it's mine.  So chill the fuck out, and remember that there are other people on the internet and in the world.

At the VERY least, can we please keep the pictures posted to those like "a man with a tube of lube in his hand" and not "a nekkid woman with her legs spread and tits bouncing around as she rubs her oiled juicy bits against something"? 

Some of us browse at work, you know.  And I don't think it's just me that will state that last request.

Dude, SORRY.

's all good.  I just wanted to bitch about something, really.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 24, 2008, 05:42:36 PM

Naw.  I think I'll say what I want to say, and not worry about who gets all butthurt about it.

You're doing it wrong.

I'm too much of a hippy to actually rant properly.  Unless grammar and spelling are involved.  And yes, by all means, say whatever you want.  I don't give a shit.

Cainad (dec.)

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=15849.0
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=16386.0
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=15992.0
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=16332.0
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=16181.0
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=15903.0
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=15983.0
And this thread.

That's eight threads that are either directly Daruko-related or were hijacked in some Daruko-flavored direction. I'm probably missing a few.
Now we're arguing amongst ourselves over how much we should flame him.

I've stated before that I think that this is getting ridiculous, that this is way too much attention to be giving to one guy who acted dumb in the past and is now trying to find his place in the community. I realize that Daruko-hating is trendy, reasonably justified, and good for the digestion, but really now. Do I have to say it again? Do I?

Well, I will say it again, even if I don't have to, because if you have the right to be allergic to Daruko's posts (which you do) then I have the right to say:

WE HAVE BEEN TROLLED.

Drawing flames from other members; persistence despite repeated efforts (aggressive or passive) to chase him off the boards; disagreement and conflict between members over his worthiness... all the usual indicators of a successful troll are there.
He doesn't even have to DO anything anymore. His mere presence in a thread can cause hijacking.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You may totally be right. I was just thinking that he was unusually persistent and had terrible self-esteem, but maybe he's all that AND a really good troll?

Also, the other thing that has crossed my mind is that maybe he's really lonely for like-minded people, and we are the closest he has been able to come to such creatures, but his lack of social skills and emotional lability cause him to veer wildly across the landscape of social interaction. However, the sense that if he can just get himself under control he will be accepted and befriended keeps him doggedly persisting in an attempt to not only carve a niche for himself on this forum, but to prove to himself that he CAN do it, and to symbolically break the chains of poor social interaction that have bound him from a young age, resulting in a painful emotional isolation that is relieved only by the patient caring of his wife.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Requiem on May 25, 2008, 01:29:25 AM
I'm actually on Daruko's side.  And people keep going off on him for being pinealistic even when everyone else is doing it.

Except when he's being a fucktard, which is about half the time, though that's not nearly as bad as some people.

I don't care.  I still hate him.

TGRR,
Devotes a little special time each day to fucking with his posts, and will as long as he's here.