News:

PD.com: We'll make you an offer you can't understand.

Main Menu

The Verwirrung Soundtrack downloads

Started by Cain, May 28, 2008, 05:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

"Ball of Confusion" is a 70 Motown track by the Temptations, later covered by Love and Rockets.

"Land of Confusion" is an 80s Genesis track, later covered by Disturbed.

It's confusing, no?

AFK

The Genesis version is way better, no contest.  And I think that would be a good song to be covered by a metal band, I mean a real metal band, not some kinda-metal band like Disturbed.  I also think the Genesis version isn't quite the same without the Spitting Image video made for it. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

Myself and Johnny Cash would like to issue a joint statement in response to these slanderous charges.

Cain:

I was going to put the original Genesis track in.  But some people (who shall remain unnamed) came to me, saying Genesis "sucked" and that "Phil Collins deserves to be brutalized by a group of faux-rappers" and that "the stupid British drummer should just fuck off" and the like.

And so I was prepared to take it off, only the first group then complained again about this gross violation of their inalieable human rights.  And so, you got the compromise option.  And of course it sucks.  I much preferred the original myself.  But it was an intractable situation, and so you got the shitty solution which pleased no-one, while appearing to appease both.

Johnny, would you like to add something?

Johnny Cash:

LMNO

Mr Cash makes a very good point.

BTW Cain, bravo for keeping this up.  I like volume V quite a bit.

the last yatto

maybe include a track or two from future of war
Destroy 2000 Years Of Culture  :fap:
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Triple Zero

Quote from: YattoDobbs on October 23, 2008, 09:57:19 PM

THIS.

Verwirrung could totally use more Atari Teenage Riot.

other suggestions:
- Delete Yourself! [You've got no chance to win!]
- Redefine the Enemy
- Sick to Death

and, i just realized, i can simply replace Land of Confusion by the original in the copy of Verwirrung i have on my own harddisk!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: triple zero on October 23, 2008, 11:58:14 PM
Quote from: YattoDobbs on October 23, 2008, 09:57:19 PM

THIS.

Verwirrung could totally use more Atari Teenage Riot.

other suggestions:
- Delete Yourself! [You've got no chance to win!]
- Redefine the Enemy
- Sick to Death

I agree with this and suggest "Destroy 2000 Years of Culture"
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Triple Zero

i saw "Burn after Reading" last weekend--great movie btw, typical Coen Brothers c********** (word removed because it's mentioned somewhere near the end of the movie and IMO pretty much sums up the entire story, those who saw it will know which word i mean hehe)

ah anyway, there was this awesome track at the credits:  The Fugs - C.I.A. Man, and i thought it was funny and awesome as hell, so i'm recommending it for any next installment of Verwirrung that Cain likes to put it on.

Haven't been able to find a higher quality version than the youtube-rip yet, and the track doesnt seem to appear on the OST itself.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Cain

I'll consider it.

My comp is having major fucking issues right now, and I cannot guarantee I will be on much until I can get a new power cable sent to me.  Unfortunately, this has fucked up a number of things, not least my attempts at NaNoWriMo, which are now close to nil.

Triple Zero

damn your nanowrimo got lost?! that sucks!!

Cain

No, not lost.

I was behind, but I was going to use this week (where I have little going on, compared to previous weeks of illness and travel) to catch up.  However, my power cable, from years of abuse, is fraying at the connection point and only charges my laptop if held in ludicrously difficult to achieve positions.  Understandably this makes writing hard.

I have managed to glue it, for the moment, into something approaching a semi-useful position, but I cannot say how long it will last.  Since I have job applications to make, I'm concentrating on those, since there is no telling how long my comp will be useful for.

I've ordered a new power cable, but it could take up to a month to arrive (thanks, Amazon!  Then again, at least you stock it, unlike the actual company who makes the damn things).  Hence, I'm maximizing my time to get the things done I need, at least until my replacement gets here. 

Either way, it has fucked me over no end.  I really cannot even afford to buy this, but equally I cannot afford to be without a computer, for job hunting.

Triple Zero

that's still pretty shitty. probably a dumb question, but did you try duct-tape?

Cain

Oh yeah, I tried duct tape, electrical tape...so far the best thing has been a joining compound for stopping leaks on hose pipes (of all things).  That's held it in place, but I dare not move it from the kitchen table for fear of disrupting it again.

So I'm in a better position than I was, for the time being.  Still pisses me off though.  Everything Hewlett-Packard make pisses me off.  Next time around I'm getting a Toshiba, no excuses.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I hate the whole laptop-power-cable racket. It actually makes me angry.

Desktop computers all use the same power cord, more or less, and have for at least a hundred years. They are so ubiquitous that spares materialize in your closet of their own accord.

Laptops, on the other hand, are part of a vast conspiracy in which each laptop HAS IT'S OWN UNIQUE POWER CORD, which in all cases costs more to replace than just buying a new laptop.

It's a fucking cord. A FUCKING $175 CORD.

ASSHOLES.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Mine is fortunately only £20, but I remember discussing this with you yesterday.  That's actually a good point about PC cables...mine are so fucking thick it would take wirecutters to get through to them.  And thats with a pretty strong guy working them too.  Those things are made to last for ages...whereas my laptop's one is so flimsy I was actually afraid of breaking it well before this event happened.