News:

Endorsement from MysticWicks: "The most fatuous, manipulative, and venomous people to be found here are all of the discordian genre."

Main Menu

Arawak City (Columbus) BureGASM

Started by hpwombat, June 06, 2008, 12:19:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hpwombat

towards the abolition of work!

Cramulus

awesome!

Makes me kind of wish I were in Ohio
nevermind

but what kind of festivities do you have planned?

hpwombat

My plans are based around the GASM to encourage people to call off of work and to network with other discordians.  So I hope to create various posterGASMs and other media/tactics revolving around the bureGASM.  For the actual day, perhaps a small stunt, like dressing up like businessmen and passing out ordinances, but that's not the focus.  That idea is off the top of my head, but it might be better to just use that as a tactic to promote the bureGASM as well.  I hope to find a way to gage success with this experiment, but if I could gage its success, its criteria would be based on creating a situation from the amount of people calling off of work.

I'm discussing the idea of "game" as pro-revolutionary praxis on another forum and I ran into the "Black Iron Prison" as a great example of what I was already aiming towards.  I'm still reading, but very impressed.

Has anyone heard of the Situationists?

Cramulus

Hell yeah - a bunch of us totally dig the situationist scene.

if you want to find locals who are hip to it, check out improv everywhere's networking site. I bet you could find even more recruits from there.

The idea of everybody blowing off work on the same day is solid. Whoever comes out for it will hopefully get invested with some group energy. How many likeminded heads do you think you can find in the area? 23 disciples? :-)

September is a while away, but maybe I'll take off work too.

hpwombat

Yeah, its a work in progress with a small handful of friends to start with.  I hope to catch some early discordian eyes and maybe participation.  I'll try not to get too excited and reveal strategies until I've hatched them.  I'm glad I've got a place I can brag at now. It sometimes can be lonely without a community that shares awesomeness with each other.

Cramulus

Quote from: hpwombat on June 06, 2008, 02:14:51 AM
It sometimes can be lonely without a community that shares awesomeness with each other.

hell yeah man
we know how you feel
welcome to PD
it's not all smiles and giggles, but we're a family of sorts

Hey, how'd you hear about OMGASM, out of curiosity?

I think we've got at least one Columbisite around here. Ratatosk, you're in Columbus, right?

hpwombat

Yeah, I've become a "myspace friend" of his.  I found out about the GASMs in my search for games.  I already have a few flyers up here and there for my "work abolition" group and we've been gearing ourselves towards a discordian gamer/explorer approach for the past month.  We're still rough around the edges, but we're learning.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I can neither confirm or deny the existence of the Great Googlie Mooglie Cabal in Columbus, Ohio.
:lulz:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

LMNO

Suggestion:

Emphasize the "skip work" part.

Tone down the strictly PD terminology.

u4!k

Quote from: LMNO on June 06, 2008, 04:59:30 PM
Suggestion:

Emphasize the "skip work" part.

Tone down the strictly PD terminology.

yeah, thats pretty much it.