News:

Nothing gets wasted around here

Main Menu

Frequently asked questions..

Started by Purpleris Niaiseris, June 08, 2008, 11:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

I really don't mind Purple Eris. That eliminates the tits question, as anyone who knows me would get.

The reason I don't mind her is that she seems to A) Post all this stuff in Principia Discussion B) confine it to one or two threads and C) not be a completely unfunny asshole about it. I can choose to ignore her posts or read them, and maybe its just how I'm constructed but the babbling really doesn't get to me. She just shrugs all the negative comments off as well, a plus in my book.

Besides, whats wrong with having a token pinealist?
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Cain

My personal opinion was that's its not a threat, except of the exceptionally lame and ignorable kind (one step above internet lawlsuits) but on a personal level I can't say I'm especially impressed with being pissed off enough by a single thread to resort to such things, even hypothetically.

Urraco

Quote from: Kai on March 15, 2009, 08:35:49 PM
I really don't mind Purple Eris. That eliminates the tits question, as anyone who knows me would get.

The reason I don't mind her is that she seems to A) Post all this stuff in Principia Discussion B) confine it to one or two threads and C) not be a completely unfunny asshole about it. I can choose to ignore her posts or read them, and maybe its just how I'm constructed but the babbling really doesn't get to me. She just shrugs all the negative comments off as well, a plus in my book.

Besides, whats wrong with having a token pinealist?

This, but more apathethic.
Spørk, børk? Pørk!

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 15, 2009, 05:15:46 PM

She's just speaking her piece.  And the moment we disallow that, then we'd best just jump into the sty and roll around with the piggies, right?

So I can't do the same fucking thing? Her pinealist babbling annoys me. I could give a flying fuck which thread she annoys me in... 90% of the time I don't look at thread  titles. So I let it be known that I'm annoyed by it. I'm not suggesting she be banned, I'm not trying  to incite a mass flaming. I'm just EXPRESSING MY FUCKING SELF. And the moment we disallow that, then we'd best just jump into the sty and roll around with the piggies, right?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Nigel on March 16, 2009, 04:19:58 PM

She's just speaking her piece.  And the moment we disallow that, then we'd best just jump into the sty and roll around with the piggies, right?

So I can't do the same fucking thing? Her pinealist babbling annoys me. I could give a flying fuck which thread she annoys me in... 90% of the time I don't look at thread  titles. So I let it be known that I'm annoyed by it. I'm not suggesting she be banned, I'm not trying  to incite a mass flaming. I'm just EXPRESSING MY FUCKING SELF. And the moment we disallow that, then we'd best just jump into the sty and roll around with the piggies, right?

Well, I thought you stated that pretty clearly the first time... why do you feel the need to repeat yourself?
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

AFK

Let me first say that the Pinealist stuff CAN be annoying.  However, I would submit that this site has in no way, shape, nor form, the amount of pinealist talk that was present when I first joined in the early summer of 2005.  This forum, in a certain sense, has become a lot more serious since then.  I'm not making a value judgement on that, just an observation. 

I think, however, at some point, we may risk becoming a little too serious.  I'm not saying we are there yet, just that when we engage in the sort of thing evidenced in this thread, we run that risk.  Let us not forget "Nonsense as Salvation".  The basic premise that we not forget the art of playing games.  Playing games shouldn't be limited to O:MF and trolling and, yes, even puns.  I think it is a concept that is open-ended and allows for varying viewpoints and ideas. 

I think when we start suggesting that one form of "playing games" should not exist at all on our boards, we start to run counter to that idea laid out in "Nonsense". 

I would also submit there is a significant gulf between annoying and disruptive. 

AKK was annoying AND disruptive
DK was annoying AND disruptive
Daruko was annoying AND disruptive

I don't feel Lady Purple Eris comes even remotely close to being in that company. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Thurnez Isa

I read her one blog post on her myspace and to be honest it wasn't that bad. Actually I quite enjoyed it
Sure it wasn't a masterpiece but i thought it was good read.
If she could post stuff of close to similar coherence here she would lose the some-what-annoying factor.

Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Urraco

Lol, I prefer just lurking these threads if she is ever around.
She says something stupid that I don't read, others pick it apart and insult her. She shrugs it off and keeps on truckin'!
Very amusing.  :lulz:
Spørk, børk? Pørk!

Cramulus

:mittens: to RWHN

I've been kinda jaded with PD recently, it seems to be stuck doing the same thing over and over again
      letting some nonsense get through the filter can be refreshing.

I don't want to get tripped up on some idea about what this community SHOULD be, and then have to DEFEND that ideal. There's an awful lot of heckling towards people who don't come in before learning the "social rules" first, and that's valid, but since I've been here, random/pineal posters haven't been high on the list of people that make this board suck. But the way we talk about it around here, you'd think that it's a constant battle to keep the word FNORD off the board.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cramulus on March 16, 2009, 05:50:15 PM
:mittens: to RWHN

I've been kinda jaded with PD recently, it seems to be stuck doing the same thing over and over again
      letting some nonsense get through the filter can be refreshing.

I don't want to get tripped up on some idea about what this community SHOULD be, and then have to DEFEND that ideal. There's an awful lot of heckling towards people who don't come in before learning the "social rules" first, and that's valid, but since I've been here, random/pineal posters haven't been high on the list of people that make this board suck. But the way we talk about it around here, you'd think that it's a constant battle to keep the word FNORD off the board.

:mittens:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Ratatosk on March 16, 2009, 04:33:22 PM

Well, I thought you stated that pretty clearly the first time... why do you feel the need to repeat yourself?

Why does she feel the need to keep babbling pineal nonsense?

You already said "ow" when you stepped on a nail the last time, why do you feel the need to repeat yourself when it happens again?

I mean, really, just fuck off.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on March 16, 2009, 04:47:11 PM
I read her one blog post on her myspace and to be honest it wasn't that bad. Actually I quite enjoyed it
Sure it wasn't a masterpiece but i thought it was good read.
If she could post stuff of close to similar coherence here she would lose the some-what-annoying factor.

Well, yeah, and that's part of what makes her so irritating... she COULD post something interesting and/or meaningful, but instead she seems to think it's more fucking twee and adorable if she posts incoherent babbling.

So she rubs me the wrong fucking way. Everyone who has a problem with that can suck my fucking dick. Maybe Roger should have STFU whenever Lumberjim said something that annoyed him... Rat, I didn't see you jumping his shit for "repeating himself".

LMNO

I'm actually annoyed at your insistent annoyance. 

STFU!