News:

"At the teaparties they only dunked bags into cups of water...because they didn't want to break the law. And that just about sums up America's revolutionary spirit."

Main Menu

Frequently asked questions..

Started by Purpleris Niaiseris, June 08, 2008, 11:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Unless they're set up like Fenway and someone was sitting behind a big post. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

hooplala

Quote from: Rainy Day Pixie on June 04, 2010, 11:36:30 AM
I'm surprised no-one mentioned the Cain "stalking"....

That was PrinicessKLS, wasn't it?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Purpleris Niaiseris

dear humans,
that so spoken nazi symbol is either eris's hand symbol on my back, on top of a snake, or kallisti written on my arm, or the sacred chao inside my wrist, the 5 women star on the belly, or a butterfly on my foot.
so you tell me..
oh, btw, im from turkey, ankara,
not "dutchsland" .
anyway, i dont think im gonna be writing on the pd again, its getting me nervous and i dont like that.
some of you may think that i should change my ways, try to fit in,
well, i became a discordian so i dont need to fit in.
oh well, words become more and more meaningless after some point. now this is one of those moments.
for those who are my friends, thank you for all your support posts, they really saved many many days of mine. you made me so very happy.
i just stopped by to say if any of you want to reach me, please feel free.
and i promise not to curse your asses off until you run away screaming.
i got my contact info on my pd profile, i also use gmail msn which would be purpleristar@gmail.com
thou im not a hardcore user, i also have facebook - purpleris discordia
well, i guess this is it,

so long..

sincerely,

hail eris all hail discordia!
Fig leaves belong on the trees.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I just asked you to not be SUCH a dick, is all.

But that seems to be too hard for you. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cramulus

Bye bye purpleeris!

can't speak for the others, but I enjoyed having a gelfling prance around the forum now and then. I'm sure we'll remain in contact over facebook.   :)

You truly are the Pope.

AFK

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on June 04, 2010, 04:15:11 PM
I just asked you to not be SUCH a dick, is all.

But that seems to be too hard for you. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Well, and then there was the accusations of her being a racist and Nazi as well.  Who wouldn't want to stick around for that? 

AFK

I enjoyed your presence here as well.  I think it's healthy for there to be different voices and different approaches to Discordia.  We all have different reality grids after all.  I invite you to stick around.  I think you do have something to offer to the community.  My advice though is to just ignore the baiting and the negativity and just focus on being you and bringing your voice to the table.  But, if you do move along, take care and best of luck. 

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

And what would Our Lady be without a little strife?

We each have our own Trip (except 000 who has three... freakin dutch),   so you're trip is one of those Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds... and some other people are having more of a "Fear and Loathing' sort of thing... but do let their trip fuck up your trip. Don't get the fear, stick around, we could use more gelflings, no matter what the cranky old people say. ;-)
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Triple Zero

Quote from: GoddesS PurpleriS  "Καλλίστη" on June 04, 2010, 03:14:49 PM
oh, btw, im from turkey, ankara,
not "dutchsland" .

really? I thought you said you lived in Amsterdam or something?

(btw I live in the Netherlands myself, and "Dutchland" is just one of the many weird names we call that place over here)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

hooplala

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave." - Josef Stalin

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hoopla on June 04, 2010, 06:23:21 PM
"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave." - Josef Stalin

"Koo koo kajoob."
- Vladimir Lenin, who was in fact the eggman.
Molon Lube

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on June 04, 2010, 11:23:35 AM
Quote from: Exit City Hustle on June 04, 2010, 08:04:37 AM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on June 03, 2010, 06:44:27 PM
I just think that not every person who is outside the PD.COM norm deserves nor requires the PD.COMtm pigpile.  I guess that's all I've been trying to say. 
not all of them get it, so I don't see the problem. Off the top of my head, I'd say that both Sepia and Navkat are well outside the PD.COM norm and both of them are liked and accepted as part of the community.

For that matter, YOU are pretty far outside the norm for this place and you're also one of the more well-liked posters. I think PED is sinking or swimming here based entirely on her own merits (or lack thereof) so far, and it's just been so long since the last time she did or said something REALLY stupid (as opposed to just your average everyday sort-of-stupid) that some of you have forgotten and have come to the erroneous conclusion that she does not deserve the treatment that she is receiving.

Speaking as a Discordian, The fact that there is a www.principiadiscordia.com norm should be a little disconcerting to a discordian, IMO. 

I'm not a discordian, so that doesn't bother me in the slightest.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

AFK

So have we become the Discordian equivalent of MTV? 

LMNO

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on June 04, 2010, 06:58:39 PM

Hey, that was pretty cold.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on June 04, 2010, 06:58:39 PM

Only if I'm obliged to accept your or ECH's definition of Discordian.  Which I'm not.  Upon further reflection, that's exactly what's happened here.  Precisely.

Also, OP wins.  Congratulations, everyone.
Molon Lube