News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

Frequently asked questions..

Started by Purpleris Niaiseris, June 08, 2008, 11:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Nigel on April 28, 2012, 09:50:41 PM
Quote from: navkat on April 28, 2012, 03:43:37 AM
Quote from: Nigel on August 21, 2008, 08:29:25 PM
Quote from: Professor Cramulus on August 21, 2008, 08:02:17 PM
NSFW

Hey! I was expecting a trout.  :oops:

I always thought it was supposed to be a pic of a herring...for obvious reasons.

It's a trout.

I think the scientific name for it is Thatfu Ckingfish

the dreadful hours

Purpleris Niaiseris

Eristic, from the ancient Greek word Eris meaning wrangle or strife, often refers to a type of argument where the participants fight and quarrel without any reasonable goal.
The aim usually is to win the argument and/or to engage into a conflict for the sole purpose of wasting time through arguments, not to potentially discover a true or probable answer to any specific question or topic. Eristic is arguing for the sake of conflict as opposed to the seeking of conflict resolution.
^ H. D. Rankin (1983). Sophists, socratics and cynics p233-237

You know, the definition above fits some of the elders on this board really well. It's my bad that for a long time I thought I was being misunderstood, and tried to make things right in a wrong way, peace, love, bleh bleh.. I was the one who misunderstood things and I believed it was the right way. Then I got sad and left. Now that I think I understand those elders just a lil bit, I think I owe them an apology for not respecting them. I know that we cannot be friends anymore but I just want you people to know that I didn't do anything intentionally to hurt anyone and I'm very sorry for being disrespectful.
Fig leaves belong on the trees.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Purpleris Niaiseris on May 15, 2012, 04:03:19 PM
Eristic, from the ancient Greek word Eris meaning wrangle or strife, often refers to a type of argument where the participants fight and quarrel without any reasonable goal.
The aim usually is to win the argument and/or to engage into a conflict for the sole purpose of wasting time through arguments, not to potentially discover a true or probable answer to any specific question or topic. Eristic is arguing for the sake of conflict as opposed to the seeking of conflict resolution.
^ H. D. Rankin (1983). Sophists, socratics and cynics p233-237

You know, the definition above fits some of the elders on this board really well. It's my bad that for a long time I thought I was being misunderstood, and tried to make things right in a wrong way, peace, love, bleh bleh.. I was the one who misunderstood things and I believed it was the right way. Then I got sad and left. Now that I think I understand those elders just a lil bit, I think I owe them an apology for not respecting them. I know that we cannot be friends anymore but I just want you people to know that I didn't do anything intentionally to hurt anyone and I'm very sorry for being disrespectful.

We don't have any elders.  You're thinking of TCC.  Why, you'd THINK that someone of my advanced years would get a little respect out of these jizz-gargling puke sacks, but NO.

BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

They're too busy being "cool" and "hip" and "with it" to sit quietly when I want to jam out to Lawrence Welk and Benny Goodman.  "Give us the hip and the hop!", they tell me, as they throw garbage at me and ogle my wife and joyride in my flivver when the meds make me pass out.

It's a damn disgrace, that's what it is.  Damn world's goin' to hell.

TO HELL, I TELL YUO!
Molon Lube

East Coast Hustle

Elders? :lulz:

I didn't realize Discordianism was an offshoot of Mormonism. But I promise, if I ever see anyone here trying to claim "elder" status, I'll slap the happy dogshit out of them.

As for not having done anything intentionally to hurt anyone: perhaps you're not trying hard enough?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Elder Iptuous

You probably weren't even aware of the requisite undergarments, either.
really real discordians have the right sigils on their skivvies.

Cain

Elder Iptuous

Jesus, man!
you've already been kicked out of three mysticque orders for blowing the Official Secrets...
you're at the bottom of the barrel with us; you wanna lose that too!?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

:lulz: Man, the little ditz is skilled at underhanded insults. I've got to give her that.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Elder Iptuous

i didn't really keep up with the thread when it was hopping, and i didn't get to see any bewbz, but i've looked at it when she pops back in, and i think i like her as a troll.
she's infrequent, sticks to one thread, and somehow you can feel a little tension when it posts, even over intarnets...
better than the other common models.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on May 16, 2012, 01:32:44 PM
i didn't really keep up with the thread when it was hopping, and i didn't get to see any bewbz,

There were bewbz, but the world has no shortage of those.  I am a crusty old man who has seen a lot of them, and I prefer the bewbz to have the following two qualities:

1.  They are attached to someone I like, and

2.  They are accessible to me.

While I can appreciate bewbz, they don't do much for me in a picture.
Molon Lube

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

It may seem like she lacks depth... but she can have a dark side, too.*

http://youtu.be/3xQmJ_vxHB4

* well... a dark purple side.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

East Coast Hustle

Dark and deep are not the same thing.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Nephew Twiddleton

Ippies new name now makes sense. What about adopting the title younger (in keeping with the title nephew) or perhaps i want to go overboard and title myself the eldest in direct mockery of both the titles elder and ipsissimus. I am also the eldest of my siblings so it would be an accurate descriptor. And out of the males who bear our last name only my own nephew is youngest. So younger would also fit.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Also im very happy my sisters son has our last name. I am no longer obligated to reproduce. Unfortunately his father is a fucking idiot. So i might have to anyway if i dont want the name sullied.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS