News:

Not just a bunch of "Trotskyist, car-hating, Hugo Chavez idolising, newt-fancying hypocrites and bendy bus fetishists."

Main Menu

The Internet, Me, and why I don't give a fuck.

Started by Suu, June 11, 2008, 02:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bones

filmmusic

bones

HA!

ta very much, although J1? could've guessed it came from something just like that.

at least i didn't start a thread just to announce i was gunna do that... although maybe threadjacking this one is even worse?
filmmusic

Suu

As long as you are now understand where we are coming from.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

bones

oh how you test me

I can barely resist bumping that thread :p

note to self: take a deep breathe and just walk away

filmmusic

Suu

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: Dido on June 12, 2008, 05:21:05 PM
Excuse me for being naive, but in what kind of bad trip do people walk up to strangers and tell them to smile???

I have no idea. But it happens to me often. Not like they walk up to me, but we'll be standing on the same train platform, or waiting for the bus, or standing in line at the supermarket or whatever... It happens to many people I know, too. And always accompanied by something like "sweetie" or "darling" or "You're too pretty not to be smiling!"

I really need to start carrying a small gun that I can pull out when people say that and go, "Are you sure about that?"
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

BADGE OF HONOR

Quote from: Suu on June 12, 2008, 05:25:29 PM
People who are unusually nice. I blame a lot of it on psychiatric drugs.

Try living in Utah.  You can't get away from the nice.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

bones

Quote from: bones on June 12, 2008, 06:11:26 PM
oh how you test me

I can barely resist bumping that thread :p

note to CAIN: take a deep breathe and just walk away

self control? all for nought!  :argh!:

my glorious thunder! yuo stole it!

srsly DC, just scream at them, they'll think twice before doing it again if you startle the shit out of them, and it would be fucking hilarious. it might even make you smile.
OHIWENTTHERE!
filmmusic

Adios

Excellent rant Suu!

When people ask me inane shit on the street i just reply, "I guess that's some more of your fucking business."

Tends to stop any more unwanted comments.

Suu

Quote from: Rabid Badger of God on June 12, 2008, 07:17:42 PM
Quote from: Suu on June 12, 2008, 05:25:29 PM
People who are unusually nice. I blame a lot of it on psychiatric drugs.

Try living in Utah.  You can't get away from the nice.

I blame it on the LDS.

Suu

Also, Southsideofthesky.net is now the active link to go right to my blog again.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on June 12, 2008, 03:11:14 PM
Quote from: bones on June 12, 2008, 04:28:03 AM
ah Suu, the most crooked, broken and yellow teeth are still lovely when they're in a gorgeous smiling face. I'm sure your hatred is unjustified.

OH MY GOD do you know how obnoxious it is when RANDOM FUCKING STRANGERS walk up to me on the street and go "Why aren't you smiling, sweetie?" Like it is any of their fucking business! Like I should be smiling because ZOMG I AM WALKING DOWN THE STREET. PEOPLE MIGHT SEE ME. THEY MIGHT BE MADE SAD BY THE FACT THAT SOME TWENTY-SOMETHING CHICK ISN'T A RAY OF FUCKING SUNSHINE.

Hatred is ALWAYS justified. Not smiling is ALWAYS okay.

On that note...

Suu, fuckin' RAH! :mittens: x about a billionty

That is 110% troof and win.

DUUUUUDE that is one of my all-time pet peeves! Well, it used to be, when I was younger and went out more. When you have 3 kids in tow nobody tells you to smile.

Seriously, "Where's the smile?" "You'd be prettier if you smiled" "Pretty girl like you should smile" FUCK YOU!!!!!!! Best day ever, when I was 23, some random fucker in downtown Berkeley said "Why don't you smile?" and I said "I just found out I have a brain tumor and I don't FEEL LIKE SMILING." Shut him right up. Asshole. I hope he never said that to anyone EVER AGAIN.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: bones on June 12, 2008, 05:30:41 PM
oh it's a painful thing. I think everyone should react badly, if someone tells you to smile you should immediately scream "IM NOT GUNA SMILE, MY [MOTHER/CHILD] JUST FUCKING DIED" or something similar.. that'll teach 'em

Quote from: Suu on June 12, 2008, 05:20:17 PM
:|

i think little i's look a bit silly when there's so many... seemed like the sort of thing ppl might do in order to save time on a forum.. then again 1'm pretty new to forums. As long as you understood it... 1 keep having to go to this page http://www.reference.com/search?q=tl%3Bdr to make sense of all the damn IAWTC's and shit..

Just so you know, 1 and I do not look identical for everyone, so the effect, for me, is very much @s if you were using the @ to replace a. Distr@cting @nd difficult to p@rse.

I still don't get all the acronyms, but if I can't figure it out from context I ignore it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."