News:

"At the teaparties they only dunked bags into cups of water...because they didn't want to break the law. And that just about sums up America's revolutionary spirit."

Main Menu

Green Eggs and STFU ( A working title)

Started by Dr. Paes, June 26, 2008, 03:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Jenne on June 27, 2008, 04:13:52 AM
Eh, fuck, I can't find it...might have it on a disk...hm...I saw the hardcopy sitting around at some point in my files, but as far as the electronic, it may have gone the way of all flesh.  If I can find it, I'll send it on, surely...I did it on There's a Wocket In My Pocket!  The paper was called "There's a Wocket In My Universe!"...

ETA:  Ok, even worse, dammit, I think I threw it away...went out to the garage, could NOT find it...only hope is this damned chest of drawers--I'll look tonight.  Just spent about a half hour looking after my phone call... :argh!:  NO DICE!  Plllhhtttppttt!

:aww:
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Jenne

I know.  I is sad myself.  I'm hoping I'll still come upon it.  :(

Triple Zero

Quote from: Ratatosk on June 26, 2008, 06:21:23 PM
Quote from: triple zero on June 26, 2008, 06:16:59 PM
what's the original about, btw?

*jaw drop*

You poor Eurospags... You don't know Green Eggs and Ham?!  :x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdR0LXOiEB8

okay so i watched it. very cool.

not the green eggs & ham thing in particular btw, but the Dr Seuss stuff. it seems like i'm going to have to watch more cartoons of his.

it's so weird, it's a drawing style i've always admired, and just came across randomly once in a while, i always thought it was some obscure thing, turns out it just wasnt very well known culturally here. i remember from well random short bits of dr Seuss cartoons i saw on TV, it was very weird and absurdistic, in a kind of "crazy universe" kind of way, i tried lifting some of these concepts to my own cartoons a couple of times, but it felt too much like copying, so i never got far with it (by now i know there's nothing wrong with copying in order to learn a new style--but back when i was younger, i was all about being original by myself).
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jenne

Seuss prose is iconic in American culture nowadays.  Not many of the past couple of generations were raised without it.  So, being able to reproduce it in a meaningful way is pretty impressive and will garner a lot of cheers and respect, I believe.  Well, from most I know, anyway.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Jenne on June 28, 2008, 05:39:12 PM
Seuss prose is iconic in American culture nowadays.  Not many of the past couple of generations were raised without it.  So, being able to reproduce it in a meaningful way is pretty impressive and will garner a lot of cheers and respect, I believe.  Well, from most I know, anyway.

well i'm going to youtube some more of his stuff, and see what inspiration i get :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

I'd like to point out Brits are not ignorant of Dr Seuss.  I just think he doesn't exactly translate well outside of English, hence the continent probably have not been graced with his incredible writing.

Verbal Mike

He's been translated into Hebrew, and rather well translated iirc. He is well known in Israel (though not nearly as iconic as he is in the English-speaking world.) But I can somehow imagine how he would be difficult to translate into the languages of Europe.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.