News:

PD.Com: Pretention in a can.

Main Menu

Creativity in a Cultural Wasteland

Started by Payne, June 19, 2008, 02:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daruko

Quote from: Nigel on June 27, 2008, 08:39:28 AM
Daruko, I think that the central point has flown right by you; it's got nothing to do with piracy in this case, it's about saying something jerky for no apparent reason.

Maybe you're just unaware that saying something like that is rude, tacky, and assholish. That's why people were trying to tell you it is.

LMNO made a JOKE about payment, and put his email addy out there. Some people listened to the piece and evidently thought to themselves "Shit, I like this enough to send the sap a dollar". Some people didn't. Doesn't matter. It was the "I'm not paying you squat for this" that DIDN'T NEED TO BE SAID that got you criticized.

As for what LMNO's equipment cost him, you opened that can of worms when you started talking about recouping costs.

The lesson here for you is, don't say belittling or rude things to people without expecting to have them taken as belittling or rude. Haven't we been over this before? Just because inside your head you know it's a joke doesn't mean anyone else does. Just because your IRL friends know you well enough to get that it's meant to be a joke doesn't mean anyone online does. Learn to use the fucking winky emote or something, for fucks sake.

Okay okay.  You discordians get pretty uptight, you know that?  yeesh.   Okay, my humor is rude.   You know, it's not like I just walked in the front door.  Maybe for net and some people here I might always seem like an asshole.  Others have talked to me enough to realize I'm a bit rough on the edges, but not all that bad.  So I rub you the wrong way, but you know people have their own personalities, and you guys aren't exactly cuddly and sensitive either.   That post wasn't a direct shot at anybody.. it was me making some dry statements in celebration of free musics.   

Winky emote though, yeah.   I'll try and be a bit more mindful of inadvertent friction.   

Triple Zero

Quote from: Daruko on June 27, 2008, 02:35:12 PMOkay okay.  You discordians get pretty uptight, you know that?  yeesh.

*SIGH*

there is no "you discordians"

it's every man woman and child Thinks for Themselves.

so Nigel gets to be as uptight as she pleases and it still has nothing to do with "us discordians"

i know, we repeated this only a couple of hundred times yet, you might not have noticed it applied to you as well.

you know, otherwise you'd be calling me uptight as well, while i have hardly even replied to your posts, ITT.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Daruko

Quote from: triple zero on June 28, 2008, 11:43:19 AM
Quote from: Daruko on June 27, 2008, 02:35:12 PMOkay okay.  You discordians get pretty uptight, you know that?  yeesh.

*SIGH*

so Nigel gets to be as uptight as she pleases and it still has nothing to do with "us discordians"

i know, we repeated this only a couple of hundred times yet, you might not have noticed it applied to you as well.

you know, otherwise you'd be calling me uptight as well, while i have hardly even replied to your posts, ITT.

if it doesn't apply to you, ignore it.  do you say "there is no us guys" when someone enters a room and says "hey you guys"?   *sigh*

i know you're somewhat capable of making correct inferences. 

Why would you infer that I had forgotten it's not really a hive mind here?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Daruko on June 28, 2008, 05:01:08 PM
Quote from: triple zero on June 28, 2008, 11:43:19 AM

*SIGH*

if it doesn't apply to you, ignore it.  do you say "there is no us guys" when someone enters a room and says "hey you guys"?   *sigh*

i know you're somewhat capable of making correct inferences. 

Why would you infer that I had forgotten it's not really a hive mind here?

You still don't get it.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on June 27, 2008, 09:36:02 AM
FUCK YOU I HAVE ASPBERGERS AND AM NOT BOUND BY YOUR FASCIST INTERNET SOCIAL CONVENTIONS.

ME TOO I HAVE A CONDITION!

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Listen, Dippy McDipshit, I was trying to politely and clearly explain to you WHY people jumped on your shit. My attention span is not long enough and I am too good-natured to maintain actual seething hate for longer than about a week, so if you think I'm holding something against you, you're pitifully wrong.

I thought that maybe it wasn't being explained thoroughly enough for you to get it, and, fool that I am, I wanted to clarify for you so you might stand a CHANCE at not coming across as a choad. Clearly, that was my mistake and from now on I will not give a flying fuck if you act like a complete cock and everyone hates and/or ignores you.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Daruko

Quote from: Nigel on June 29, 2008, 08:30:44 AM
Listen, Dippy McDipshit, I was trying to politely and clearly explain to you WHY people jumped on your shit. My attention span is not long enough and I am too good-natured to maintain actual seething hate for longer than about a week, so if you think I'm holding something against you, you're pitifully wrong.

I thought that maybe it wasn't being explained thoroughly enough for you to get it, and, fool that I am, I wanted to clarify for you so you might stand a CHANCE at not coming across as a choad. Clearly, that was my mistake and from now on I will not give a flying fuck if you act like a complete cock and everyone hates and/or ignores you.

this response was coming no matter what i said.    lol   funny little troll

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 28, 2008, 05:17:55 PM
Quote from: Cain on June 27, 2008, 09:36:02 AM
FUCK YOU I HAVE ASPBERGERS AND AM NOT BOUND BY YOUR FASCIST INTERNET SOCIAL CONVENTIONS.

ME TOO I HAVE A CONDITION!

:assburgers2:
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

BADGE OF HONOR

Quote from: Daruko on June 29, 2008, 06:14:27 PM

Wait.  Did you just call yourself a troll or ...?
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Triple Zero

i was going to ask the same thing. i'm afraid i already know the answer, but yeah.

daruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuko
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I already have enough mouthy little brats, I don't need to be baited by this hopelessly defective retard.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Daruko on June 27, 2008, 02:35:12 PM
Quote from: Nigel on June 27, 2008, 08:39:28 AM
Daruko, I think that the central point has flown right by you; it's got nothing to do with piracy in this case, it's about saying something jerky for no apparent reason.

Maybe you're just unaware that saying something like that is rude, tacky, and assholish. That's why people were trying to tell you it is.

LMNO made a JOKE about payment, and put his email addy out there. Some people listened to the piece and evidently thought to themselves "Shit, I like this enough to send the sap a dollar". Some people didn't. Doesn't matter. It was the "I'm not paying you squat for this" that DIDN'T NEED TO BE SAID that got you criticized.

As for what LMNO's equipment cost him, you opened that can of worms when you started talking about recouping costs.

The lesson here for you is, don't say belittling or rude things to people without expecting to have them taken as belittling or rude. Haven't we been over this before? Just because inside your head you know it's a joke doesn't mean anyone else does. Just because your IRL friends know you well enough to get that it's meant to be a joke doesn't mean anyone online does. Learn to use the fucking winky emote or something, for fucks sake.

Okay okay.  You discordians get pretty uptight, you know that?  yeesh.   Okay, my humor is rude.   You know, it's not like I just walked in the front door.  Maybe for net and some people here I might always seem like an asshole.  Others have talked to me enough to realize I'm a bit rough on the edges, but not all that bad.  So I rub you the wrong way, but you know people have their own personalities, and you guys aren't exactly cuddly and sensitive either.   That post wasn't a direct shot at anybody.. it was me making some dry statements in celebration of free musics.   

Winky emote though, yeah.   I'll try and be a bit more mindful of inadvertent friction.   

Rudeness isn't the problem for me, Daturdo. Being rough around the edges is even encouraged around here. My problem with you is simply that I don't feel any of your thickheaded drivel.

I'm afraid I don't resonate with this chump role you like to play. In fact, I'm disgusted with how comfortable you seem to be with being a mindless douche.

And I don't think you're always an asshole. I don't think you're completely incapable of making valuable insights. I just don't think it's likely that you're going to motivate yourself to be much more than a well used punching bag.

What is it that you think you're doing here?
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Daruko on June 29, 2008, 06:14:27 PM

HE KNEW WHAT WE WERE GOING TO DO!  HE'S BEEN TOYING WITH US ALL ALONG!

Where have we heard THAT before?   :lulz:

Daruko

:roll:  well either i'm being trolled still, or there are a few retards afoot. 
so so strange this communication problem ONLY occurs around certain individuals on a certain website.   

Enjoy yourselves in here.   :wink:

NO YUO!  :lulz:

(make sure you use the word "us" a lot in your flames, so the cool kids feel cool)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Daruko on June 30, 2008, 05:14:40 AM
:roll:  well either i'm being trolled still, or there are a few retards afoot. 
so so strange this communication problem ONLY occurs around certain individuals on a certain website.   

Enjoy yourselves in here.   :wink:

NO YUO!  :lulz:

(make sure you use the word "us" a lot in your flames, so the cool kids feel cool)

You're quite possibly the most self-destructive person I've ever seen, at least outside of professional politics.