News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

Creativity in a Cultural Wasteland

Started by Payne, June 19, 2008, 02:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on June 30, 2008, 05:50:10 PM
Quote from: Nigel on June 29, 2008, 08:30:44 AM
My attention span is not long enough and I am too good-natured to maintain actual seething hate for longer than about a week, so if you think I'm holding something against you, you're pitifully wrong.

Well, an alternate theory is that at least once a week he acts like a complete and total fucktard, which causes your hate to re-seethe.

LMNO
-Teaches the controversy.
:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Daruko

Quote from: Nigel on June 30, 2008, 08:33:10 PM
Quote from: Daruko on June 30, 2008, 05:14:40 AM
:roll:  well either i'm being trolled still, or there are a few retards afoot. 
so so strange this communication problem ONLY occurs around certain individuals on a certain website.

Right, and the other problems you've had with other people on other websites are all totally unrelated to your behavior.

Other problems?   Like the thread you dug up from a couple years ago where I was basically fucking with a christian bitch?   lol   

What's your point anyway?  That you get along great with everyone?    Your behavior is more evolved than mine?   I mean you are either trolling or trying to make a point, aren't you?

The people I do have "problems" with on here just throw shit anyway, without any attempt at real communication, so what the hell do I care?   You can proceed to tell me now about how I've gotten enough chances and all that bullshit, but saying it, endorsing it, and shouting it from the top of the Ivory Tower still won't make it reality.   

Those who approach me in a friendly manner find a friend, and some here have.  Those who approach me as an associate for creative projects find a willing participant, and some here have.  I'll chat with you, game with you, brainstorm with you, do photoshop with you, help you with technical shit if I can, and even disagree with you without attempting to nail you to a cross (assuming you give me the same liberty).

But those who troll me and throw shit at me, get either ignored, trolled, or shit at, which seems to be a rather nice arrangement for them because evidently they enjoy this sort of thing immensely, and would rather interact with me on that level.  Fine with me.  I enjoy getting my cock sucked from time to time.    I mean, I'd ask you what the problem is, but you see, asking yuo Nigel, at this point in the game, is kind of pointless.     

I've had enough experience here now to see (even if not fully realized all the time) the futility in going into social dilemnas publicly, unless strictly for lulz.   PM-ing works wonders though.  Funny that.

A quote for ye fellows:

"The perfectionist is bound to be a
neurotic, he cannot enjoy life, until he
is perfect. And perfection as such never
happens, it is not in the nature of things."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nigel on June 27, 2008, 08:39:28 AM
Daruko, I think that the central point has flown right by you; it's got nothing to do with piracy in this case, it's about saying something jerky for no apparent reason.

Maybe you're just unaware that saying something like that is rude, tacky, and assholish. That's why people were trying to tell you it is.

LMNO made a JOKE about payment, and put his email addy out there. Some people listened to the piece and evidently thought to themselves "Shit, I like this enough to send the sap a dollar". Some people didn't. Doesn't matter. It was the "I'm not paying you squat for this" that DIDN'T NEED TO BE SAID that got you criticized.

As for what LMNO's equipment cost him, you opened that can of worms when you started talking about recouping costs.

The lesson here for you is, don't say belittling or rude things to people without expecting to have them taken as belittling or rude. Haven't we been over this before? Just because inside your head you know it's a joke doesn't mean anyone else does. Just because your IRL friends know you well enough to get that it's meant to be a joke doesn't mean anyone online does. Learn to use the fucking winky emote or something, for fucks sake.

How on earth is this trolling? I was being completely nice to you. You decided to be a jerk about it.

In fact, this has happened once before... and then you were all "I WUZ JUST JOKIN WIT YA CUZ, LIKE ALL MY FRIENDS IRL GET MY SENSE OF HUMOR YO".

I actually do get along pretty well with just about everyone. I just don't get along well with jerks who troll me.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't know what posts you're talking about that involve trolling a "Christian bitch", so obviously there's yet another example of you not getting along with people that I missed.  :lulz:

Also, you have said MULTIPLE times, and not just on this forum, that this happens often online, because people just can't pick up on your humor. I was TRYING to tell you explicitly why people took offense, in the hope that it would HELP you express yourself without causing offense in the future.

If that is what you consider "trolling" and "throwing shit at" you, I don't think I have anything else to say to you. Other people said things that were actually insulting to you, but you chose to jump on me. Fuck off, Daruko. You're just a jerk, plain and simple.

Daruko

I replied that you aren't exactly cuddly and sensitive either.  In retrospect, I suppose that IS a bit of my assholishness shining through.   Perhaps I should've just stuck with:
Quote from: MeI'll try and be a bit more mindful of inadvertent friction.

Well, for what it's worth, my first post in this thread was just my dry humor, and it wasn't intended to offend.

And in this case, I think you're right Nigel.  Maybe I was out of line with you.  Rereading your post, I realized the tone was much more patient than I previously picked up on.

Enough derailing for me anyway.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mourning Star

Well...

I understood that it was a fucking joke.

This type of thread is getting too common around here...

Payne:  Nice piece of writing bruv, I liked it a lot.
LMNO: Not a bad tune, even if your voice reminds me of Fred Durst.

Daruko: I got the joke.

This thread, after page 1 is fucking stupid.

BADGE OF HONOR

Sometimes people take stuff seriously.   :|
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Daruko on June 30, 2008, 10:17:00 PM
I replied that you aren't exactly cuddly and sensitive either.  In retrospect, I suppose that IS a bit of my assholishness shining through.   Perhaps I should've just stuck with:
Quote from: MeI'll try and be a bit more mindful of inadvertent friction.

Well, for what it's worth, my first post in this thread was just my dry humor, and it wasn't intended to offend.

And in this case, I think you're right Nigel.  Maybe I was out of line with you.  Rereading your post, I realized the tone was much more patient than I previously picked up on.

Enough derailing for me anyway.

I wasn't offended by your joke.

I was offended at the smell of diarrhea as it poured out of your mouth.

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Voodoo

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

Quote from: Mourning Star on June 30, 2008, 11:25:44 PM

Durst?  Rly?

I haven't heard that comparison yet.  Interesting.

Mourning Star

Quote from: LMNO on July 01, 2008, 03:56:56 PM
Quote from: Mourning Star on June 30, 2008, 11:25:44 PM

Durst?  Rly?

I haven't heard that comparison yet.  Interesting.

Please don't take it as an insult.

You don't SOUND like him, not really...  But your speech pattern and how you laid out the words to the music, just remind me somewhat to how he spoke when I saw them at Family Values '99  (A concert made worth the money by the fact that I got to see Run DMC!!!)

AFK

Actually, I think he sounds more like Frank Black.  Especially on Raped by Food. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.