News:

Yes we're horrible toxic people, because this is 2020's Mental Illness Olympics, and the winners get a free pass on giving life-threatening advice with the bonus of having zero accountability for their shit behaviour.

Main Menu

BIP Wiki stuff

Started by AFK, June 20, 2008, 09:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Question.

I see that POSTERGASM has received 19,216 views, the most viewed page.

Next is the Main Page at 8,695 views, not quite half.

What is getting POSTERGASM all the hits? 

I ask because I'm interested in getting more traffic to some of the other parts of the wiki as well.  I was wondering if there was something you spags are employing for POSTERGASM that might work for the other areas.

I'd really like to get some of the philosophizing bits to see more daylight. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cramulus

I'm not sure, really. But clearly, people on the web have found it. I think it has a lot to do with web2.0 apps we've utilized to Get the Fnord Out.

Primarily, I suspect we get a lot of hits through StumbleUpon.

When I first submitted it, I gave it a thumbs-up, and flurried some other people to give it a thumbs up. A lot of buzz shortly after the page is submitted seems to be the winning ticket to get a lot of random traffic.

I've also spent a lot of time on the POSTERGASM page, trying to fine tune it to be smooth. (*it's easy to transmit the meme in just one quick sneeze) I think that's encouraged a lot of people linking it to each other. There's also a bit of buzz on the web about it - google POSTERGASM and you should see a few people blogging about it.

Cramulus

good article on building traffic through StumbleUpon:

http://www.doshdosh.com/a-comprehensive-guide-to-stumbleupon-how-to-build-massive-traffic-to-your-website-and-monetize-it/

BTW - I submitted my latest POSTERGASM post on MyConfinedSpace to StumbleUpon - within 24 hours, there were 120 hits, and that's just the tip of the iceberg if enough people give it Thumbs Ups.

AFK

neato.  Thanks.  I'll see if I can use this to beef up some of the numbers on some of the other pages. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.