News:

Testamonial:  And i have actually gone to a bar and had a bouncer try to start a fight with me on the way in. I broke his teeth out of his fucking mouth and put his face through a passenger side window of a car.

Guess thats what the Internet was build for, pussy motherfuckers taking shit in safety...

Main Menu

The Threat of Insurrection

Started by Cain, June 24, 2008, 07:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeMoore

I'd rather not have my first post be a quote, but its fairly appropriate:

"It must be considered that there is nothing more difficult to carry out nor more doubtful of success nor more dangerous to handle than to initiate a new order of things; for the reformer has enemies in all those who profit by the old order, and only lukewarm defenders in all those who would profit by the new order; this lukewarmness arising partly from the incredulity of mankind who does not truly believe in anything new until they actually have experience of it."
-Nicollo Machiavelli

Change, for whatever quirk of human society or genetic code you choose to attribute it to, comes only* when said 'lukewarm defenders' either grow to a sufficient number to overwhelm the existing system or when a smaller number grow sufficiently aware of the desperation of their situation.  to facilitate the insurrection the man at the top refers to to occur you either need to raise the awareness of a lot of people or make the existing base of aware people sufficiently incensed. 

Why not hedge your bets and do both?

-DeMoore

*other options include a) the introduction of a third party, in whose opposition the existing order and the proponents of change units and b) Tsunami / Meteorite / the consumption of waffles in great number.
"Tonight I go to hell
For what I've done to you
This ain't about regret
Its when I tell the truth"
-The Afghan Whigs, "Debonair"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Huh, nice first post, quote or no quote. Welcome, DeMoore!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

jorgea

You make a sound argument when violence and only violence is necessary to see results.  Thanks for sharing.