Shortest Definition

Started by Iason Ouabache, June 26, 2008, 02:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on July 05, 2008, 01:04:04 AM
Quote from: Skid Rat Son of Inkblot on July 05, 2008, 01:02:47 AM
Quote from: Rabid Badger of God on July 05, 2008, 01:01:23 AM
Aw come on.  He did say he was wrong.

...I must be getting soft in my old age. 

Don't worry, bull goose is making damn good and sure to chase me all over the forum and insult my compliments.

congratulations this quoted post is half a million, I hope it was worth it

Ain't that a bitch?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Faust

I dunno, bull goose seems funny after the hoards who accuse you of a brainwashing act etc
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on July 05, 2008, 01:10:00 AM
I dunno, bull goose seems funny after the hoards who accuse you of a brainwashing act etc

What Would Jim Jones Do?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

BADGE OF HONOR

Hey, at least he didn't threaten to rape your butt.   :lulz:
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 05, 2008, 01:08:20 AM
Quote from: Skid Rat Son of Inkblot on July 05, 2008, 01:02:47 AM
Don't worry, bull goose is making damn good and sure to chase me all over the forum and insult my compliments.

Bull goose?   :lulz:
I wonder if that is anything like a gander.

Quote from: Rabid Badger of God on July 05, 2008, 01:43:46 AM
Hey, at least he didn't threaten to rape your butt.   :lulz:

... yet. Give him time.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Skid Rat Son of Inkblot on July 04, 2008, 09:07:01 AM
Have any of you really listened to jazz? Or heard it and thought about it?
It's all rather beyond words.
Anyway, I reckon I'll do that.

No, NONE of us on the forum have. EVER. We are simply not refined enough.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Skid Rat Son of Inkblot on July 05, 2008, 12:45:51 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 05, 2008, 12:42:11 AM
Quote from: Skid Rat Son of Inkblot on July 05, 2008, 12:38:20 AM
That's quite a conviction!

"Indictment".  Please do not mangle Her Majesty's English.  Thanks.

I'm enjoying jazz right now, the only thing I'm high on is the music itself.

I forgot to mention the possibility that you just might be stupid.  However, given the fact that you INSIST on jabbering about it, it's probably pretentiousness.  Or both.

P.S. the song is Toxic

P.P.S.  Nobody cares.

Did somebody rape your mother in front of you or something? What's with you?
I'm trying to turn you onto something I really appreciate, and feel everyone deserves to enjoy, and you're twisting it like a barbed cruller and gouging my tender internet feelings with it.

I'd like to turn you on to something I really appreciate, and feel everyone deserves to enjoy; it's called "prolapse". Please just bend over and hold still... it will all be over in a minute.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

This thread is like killing the bull goose who laid the golden beef egg.

:argh!:

Verbal Mike

strife and confusion, itt
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on July 05, 2008, 08:53:03 AM
Quote from: Skid Rat Son of Inkblot on July 04, 2008, 09:07:01 AM
Have any of you really listened to jazz? Or heard it and thought about it?
It's all rather beyond words.
Anyway, I reckon I'll do that.

No, NONE of us on the forum have. EVER. We are simply not refined enough.

Shouldn't we tug on our forelocks or something?

LMNO

Quote from: nostalgicBadger on July 04, 2008, 07:02:53 PM
I get jazz theory, but I could never really improv, and reading jazz is sort of a sin.
I do like playing jazz chords under triads in rock songs though - it gives them an interesting sound.

Charles Mingus called.  He has a bone to pick with you.

That One Guy

I ... I don't really know what to say about all the jazz talk in this thread. So I think I'll just smile, nod, and back away slowly.
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Arguing with a Unitarian Universalist is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.

Cain

I have a jazz ringtone on my mobile phone.

And that's how I earned the nickname of Avant-Tard.

LMNO

Quote from: That One Guy on July 07, 2008, 02:16:44 PM
I ... I don't really know what to say about all the jazz talk in this thread. So I think I'll just smile, nod, and back away slowly.

C'mon, Berklee-boi!  Jump in, reference Ellington; or Miller.

That One Guy

But I don't want to have another pointless music argument.

I will say but one thing: how the hell do you learn all these jazz songs without reading music? Ever hear of charts? Those are "reading" music, and they're the standard way to pass along the weird, complicated chords. Even the greats can't necessarily tell what that D-7(flat 9, sharp 11) chord is supposed to be without it being written down.

There. NO MAS.
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Arguing with a Unitarian Universalist is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.