News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

Shortest Definition

Started by Iason Ouabache, June 26, 2008, 02:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on June 26, 2008, 01:49:56 PM
Im too embarrassed by all the hippism to tell people about discordism

Wrong answer.  Poop your hippie religion all over them.  Then tell them to fuck off and die.

If nothing else, the sudden shift in gears should be worth a hoot.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Triple Zero

i like this one and variations thereof:

Quote from: Payne on June 26, 2008, 02:23:00 AM"Take an ancient Greek deity, interpret her through some hippies, claim that doing this yields the only true answer because it doesn't actually answer anything. And that's Discordianism. If you want to know more, stick around. If you think I'm a psychopath, it probably isn't for you...."

also LMNOs one is really short and succinct and pretty much describes it for me, except for the activism bit, which is new but also important (and new)

Quote from: LMNO on June 26, 2008, 02:37:44 PM"We tend to believe that the universe is unpredictable, and Order and Disorder are self-imposed constructs.  We also tend to believe in Thinking for Yourself, and finding revelation through argument."
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

PopeTom

My response to the "What is your relegion" question varies based upon my mood.

Bad Mood:

Fuck off!

Normal Mood:
Me: I'm a(n) Discordian Atheist (Atheist Discordian).
Them: *blank look*
Me: I do not believe in gods or goddesses, but if I did I would firmly believe that the universe was created by a crazy Greek woman.

Good Mood:
Me: I'm a Discordian Pirate.
Them: *blank look*
Me: *Steal something that belongs to the questioner then bugger the hell out of them while drunk on rum*
-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

Cainad (dec.)

I do the polite/annoying version of Cain's technique. I am extremely dodgy about what religion I "belong to", and I've been practicing KYFMS since I first found Discordianism.

So far I have only introduced only one person to the PD and this website, because I trust her mightily, and I had great fun in Hawaii by being able to talk at length about religions with another one of my best friends, only to reveal later that I was not actually a member of whichever religion I happened to be talking about. Unfortunately she caught on and I wasn't able to pass myself off as a Buddhist, but it was highly amusing while it lasted.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on June 26, 2008, 05:41:53 AM
Definition that I was thinking of using: Militant subjectivism

WINNAR.

E/O/T.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on June 30, 2008, 06:12:29 AM
Definition that I was thinking of using: Militant subjectivism

WINNAR.

E/O/T.

:thanks:  Believe it or not, I've actually used that phrase here before.

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on March 31, 2008, 06:11:42 AM
Discordians are forged in the fires of mental instability and militant subjectivism. Alcohol seems to help too.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Voodoo

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on June 26, 2008, 02:35:17 AM
      It's not so much a religion
      as it is a dodgeball cannon.
                /

I said "shut up", Stormy

/

Skid Rat Son of Inkblot

Definition that I was thinking of using: 

1) Militant subjectivism
2) worshiping the fractal nature of the universe

Both they both sounds so goddamn pretentious.

Indeed my friend!
But it is all contained in The good Book
FIVE TONS OF FLAX my friend!
A religion disguised a joke! Or Vice Versa! To Infinity my friend!
Whatever you want it to be my friend!

Subjectivism? I SUNK IT
!!!!!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Skid Rat Son of Inkblot on July 04, 2008, 05:18:58 AM
Definition that I was thinking of using: 

1) Militant subjectivism
2) worshiping the fractal nature of the universe

Both they both sounds so goddamn pretentious.

Indeed my friend!
But it is all contained in The good Book
FIVE TONS OF FLAX my friend!
A religion disguised a joke! Or Vice Versa! To Infinity my friend!
Whatever you want it to be my friend!

Subjectivism? I SUNK IT

Jesus.  Not another one.

TGRR,
Doesn't mind 6 years of noobs who think we haven't read the PD.  No, really.  I like this shit.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Chairman Risus

Look on the bright side.

Atleast he hasn't mentioned cattle, asparagus, fascists, or real discordians.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 04, 2008, 06:15:01 AM
Quote from: Cainad on July 04, 2008, 05:54:27 AM
I weep.

nnng

unnnng

hurk blorg puke

unnnnnng

I'd recommend Pepto-Bismol, but it won't help. The hate must be purged.

Quote from: Risus on July 04, 2008, 06:15:46 AM
Look on the bright side.

Atleast he hasn't mentioned cattle, asparagus, fascists, or real discordians.

Always look on the bright side of fail, eh?

Skid Rat Son of Inkblot

Gee whiz, don't get ya'll's panties in a bunch and derail the thread here on my account.

In unvacuous honesty I see Discordianism as the jazz of religions. I don't actually like jazz, but it represents to me the rawness of creativity and ideas, with no confusing or misinterpretable meaning. It just is, for the sake of is.
!!!!!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Skid Rat Son of Inkblot on July 04, 2008, 06:23:26 AM
Gee whiz, don't get ya'll's panties in a bunch and derail the thread here on my account.

In unvacuous honesty I see Discordianism as the jazz of religions. I don't actually like jazz, but it represents to me the rawness of creativity and ideas, with no confusing or misinterpretable meaning. It just is, for the sake of is.

Go peddle your Zen bullshit elsewhere.