News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

Shortest Definition

Started by Iason Ouabache, June 26, 2008, 02:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 04, 2008, 06:34:59 AM
Quote from: Skid Rat Son of Inkblot on July 04, 2008, 06:23:26 AM
Gee whiz, don't get ya'll's panties in a bunch and derail the thread here on my account.

In unvacuous honesty I see Discordianism as the jazz of religions. I don't actually like jazz, but it represents to me the rawness of creativity and ideas, with no confusing or misinterpretable meaning. It just is, for the sake of is.

Go peddle your Zen bullshit elsewhere.

Wait, wait! He said "rawness of creativity and ideas"!

Could he be on to something here?!

Triple Zero

possibly, definitely!

hey Sir Inkblot, why dont you just get going with the rawness of creativity and ideas like the rest of us? Check out the Operation:Mindfuck subforum and the GASM subcommand for our sekrit missions.

they totally have a rawness of creativity and ideas to them.

hell, if you have actual new ideas we'd even like to hear those as well.

unrelated, i used exactly that exploding GIF animation from your avatar for exploding the bugs that i had crawling over some university course information forum in a desperate attempt to convince the system administrators the software was (still is) crawling with bugs and easily hacked. i made it so that you could click the bugs (pictures of bugs) and they'd EXPLODE like your avatar, it also kept a high score which user killed the most bugs.
the worst (or most hilarious) thing was that after a day or two, the account with the highest score was the helpdesk/administrator account, apparently they had been playing the game longest of all, before figuring out there is actually no goal, no levels, and you can't die. you can just explode an infinite amount of bugs.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: triple zero on July 04, 2008, 08:48:19 AM
possibly, definitely!

hey Sir Inkblot, why dont you just get going with the rawness of creativity and ideas like the rest of us? Check out the Operation:Mindfuck subforum and the GASM subcommand for our sekrit missions.

That might require more than simply ripping off Thornley and Hill's old shit.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Skid Rat Son of Inkblot

Have any of you really listened to jazz? Or heard it and thought about it?
It's all rather beyond words.
Anyway, I reckon I'll do that.
!!!!!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Skid Rat Son of Inkblot on July 04, 2008, 09:07:01 AM

Jazz is 4 musicians playing 4 different songs at the same time.

It's crap.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Skid Rat Son of Inkblot

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 04, 2008, 09:10:43 AM

It's crap.
Well isn't Discordianism sort of like 4 people advocating 4 different beliefs at the same time? or 5, as the case may be
!!!!!

Nast

Still don't have to like it.

:/
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Triple Zero

ZAPPA??
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Skid Rat Son of Inkblot

Quote from: triple zero on July 04, 2008, 09:34:43 AM

ZAPPA??

Sure, close enough
!!!!!

nostalgicBadger

I enjoy the jazz I've heard, although I can't really find the time to keep up with jazz unfortunately.
I do love 7 chords though.
meh.

Thurnez Isa

I love some jazz, but it makes me hundrey for some reason
so i play it during supper time, while i eat
its one form though i just cant seem to play
i can play all the chords and scales alright but i have trouble feeling the unresolved dissidence
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

nostalgicBadger

I get jazz theory, but I could never really improv, and reading jazz is sort of a sin.
I do like playing jazz chords under triads in rock songs though - it gives them an interesting sound.
meh.

Skid Rat Son of Inkblot

Well, like any music, you've got to ape it before you make it. I mean Brubeck wasn't laying it down Beat-style right out the womb was he? Was he??

Yeah, the sevens are gnarly. You ever try laying down those ninths, or better yet, a 7 sharp-9th, the Hendrix chord? All this talk of numbers makes want to spank out some P-funk. I fucking love music.
!!!!!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Skid Rat Son of Inkblot on July 04, 2008, 09:16:32 AM

It's crap.
Well isn't Discordianism sort of like 4 people advocating 4 different beliefs at the same time? or 5, as the case may be

Yes, but that doesn't hurt my ears, and want me to rip the tops off of the musicians' skulls and shit on their living brains.

Skid Rat Son of Inkblot

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 04, 2008, 10:03:15 PM
Quote from: Skid Rat Son of Inkblot on July 04, 2008, 09:16:32 AM

It's crap.

Yes, but that doesn't hurt my ears, and want me to rip the tops off of the musicians' skulls and shit on their living brains.

I remember reading one time, when I couldn't stand jazz either, how people report it makes them 'angry.' Letting refined talent make you angry seems so backwards to me. It certainly takes patience and a very open mind to get used to, but it's very worth it.
!!!!!