News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

Shortest Definition

Started by Iason Ouabache, June 26, 2008, 02:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Skid Rat Son of Inkblot on July 05, 2008, 12:13:38 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 04, 2008, 10:03:15 PM
Quote from: Skid Rat Son of Inkblot on July 04, 2008, 09:16:32 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 04, 2008, 09:10:43 AM
Quote from: Skid Rat Son of Inkblot on July 04, 2008, 09:07:01 AM
Have any of you really listened to jazz? Or heard it and thought about it?
It's all rather beyond words.
Anyway, I reckon I'll do that.

Jazz is 4 musicians playing 4 different songs at the same time.

It's crap.
Well isn't Discordianism sort of like 4 people advocating 4 different beliefs at the same time? or 5, as the case may be

Yes, but that doesn't hurt my ears, and want me to rip the tops off of the musicians' skulls and shit on their living brains.

I remember reading one time, when I couldn't stand jazz either, how people report it makes them 'angry.' Letting refined talent make you angry seems so backwards to me. It certainly takes patience and a very open mind to get used to, but it's very worth it.

Jazz isn't "refined talent".  It's music for people who are too stoned (or simply too pretentious) to care what they listen to.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Skid Rat Son of Inkblot

That's quite a conviction!

I'm enjoying jazz right now, the only thing I'm high on is the music itself. I don't think I'm musically pretentious. I have a preferred Britney Spears song, how falsely tasteful could I be?

P.S. the song is Toxic
!!!!!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Skid Rat Son of Inkblot on July 05, 2008, 12:38:20 AM

"Indictment".  Please do not mangle Her Majesty's English.  Thanks.

I'm enjoying jazz right now, the only thing I'm high on is the music itself.

I forgot to mention the possibility that you just might be stupid.  However, given the fact that you INSIST on jabbering about it, it's probably pretentiousness.  Or both.

P.S. the song is Toxic

P.P.S.  Nobody cares.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Skid Rat Son of Inkblot

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 05, 2008, 12:42:11 AM

"Indictment".  Please do not mangle Her Majesty's English.  Thanks.

I'm enjoying jazz right now, the only thing I'm high on is the music itself.

I forgot to mention the possibility that you just might be stupid.  However, given the fact that you INSIST on jabbering about it, it's probably pretentiousness.  Or both.

P.S. the song is Toxic

P.P.S.  Nobody cares.

Did somebody rape your mother in front of you or something? What's with you?
I'm trying to turn you onto something I really appreciate, and feel everyone deserves to enjoy, and you're twisting it like a barbed cruller and gouging my tender internet feelings with it.
!!!!!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Skid Rat Son of Inkblot on July 05, 2008, 12:45:51 AM

Nothing.  I just love people who show up, insult everyone, and profess to be the example of the One True Way to be a Discordian.  Dumbass.

I'm trying to turn you onto something I really appreciate, and feel everyone deserves to enjoy, and you're twisting it like a barbed cruller and gouging my tender internet feelings with it.

I am a horrible bastard.  Ask around.

Also, you think you're the first person to hear jazz?  Again, you act like everyone around you is a fucking idiot, and then you wonder why the fuck nobody likes you and nobody takes you seriously on ANY subject.

Skid Rat Son of Inkblot

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 05, 2008, 12:48:48 AM

Nothing.  I just love people who show up, insult everyone, and profess to be the example of the One True Way to be a Discordian.  Dumbass.

Also, you think you're the first person to hear jazz?  Again, you act like everyone around you is a fucking idiot, and then you wonder why the fuck nobody likes you and nobody takes you seriously on ANY subject.

You know what, you're right. I'm trying to reform myself.
!!!!!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Skid Rat Son of Inkblot on July 05, 2008, 12:51:42 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 05, 2008, 12:48:48 AM

You know what, you're right. I'm trying to reform myself.

Yeah, whatever.

BADGE OF HONOR

Oh Tigger, getting soft in your old age. 

Hello, new guy, I'd suggest you go read a lot of stuff first before engtangling yourself in serious discussions.  It's safer that way.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rabid Badger of God on July 05, 2008, 12:56:32 AM
Oh Tigger, getting soft in your old age. 

No, just getting sick of another ZOMG23 retard coming by every month.

Quote from: Rabid Badger of God on July 05, 2008, 12:56:32 AM
Hello, new guy, I'd suggest you go read a lot of stuff first before engtangling yourself in serious discussions.  It's safer that way.

New guy already knows more than all of us.  Just ask him.

BADGE OF HONOR

Aw come on.  He did say he was wrong.

...I must be getting soft in my old age. 
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Skid Rat Son of Inkblot

Quote from: Rabid Badger of God on July 05, 2008, 01:01:23 AM

Don't worry, bull goose is making damn good and sure to chase me all over the forum and insult my compliments.
!!!!!

Faust

Quote from: Skid Rat Son of Inkblot on July 05, 2008, 01:02:47 AM
Quote from: Rabid Badger of God on July 05, 2008, 01:01:23 AM

Don't worry, bull goose is making damn good and sure to chase me all over the forum and insult my compliments.

congratulations this quoted post is half a million, I hope it was worth it
Sleepless nights at the chateau

BADGE OF HONOR

Bull goose?   :lulz:

PS shut up and wait till he's not around and you might get something constructive.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rabid Badger of God on July 05, 2008, 01:05:50 AM

PS shut up and wait till he's not around and you might get something constructive.

Or not.   :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Skid Rat Son of Inkblot on July 05, 2008, 01:02:47 AM