News:

Testamonial:  "My god, you people are depressing."

Main Menu

ATTN: everyone who eats in restaurants

Started by East Coast Hustle, June 26, 2008, 03:35:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

i usually get my dressing on the side so i can dip my salad in it.

yes you heard me.
i pick the shit up w/ my bloody filthy hands and dip it into the dressing.

i also can't eat food that touches.
ex- taters touching coleslaw, the touching parts don't get eaten.

yes. i'm an asshole. whatever.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Nigel on June 30, 2008, 10:16:33 PM
I almost never order anything on the side. I'm not especially picky. However, IMO people are completely reasonable to want their food in whatever configuration they fucking want, as long as it's not some sort of major inconvenience for the staff.

People's tastes vary. Perhaps Joe HATES your fucking sauce but Joe's date loves it. I have a friend who asks for the tomatoes on the side, because I want them. Maybe Joe wants to dip his fucking fries in it. Why the hell do you care? He's paying your snooty ass to cook him some food that he likes, are you seriously all butthurt because he has his own tastes when it comes to how he'd like it served?

yes. he should cook at home.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Nigel on July 01, 2008, 09:14:51 PM
Also, it is a massive irritant to me when people assume I'm getting the dressing on the side because I'm a girl and therefore dieting, and then make some retarded sarcastic comment like "Oh, yeah, that's gonna offset the burger with cheese and bacon!"

JUST FUCK OFF! Retards.

I usually order extra dressing on the side.

<------- disgusting
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Cramulus

The stuff cooks flip out about cracks me up.

My roommate used to be a waiter, and was constantly hearing it from the cooks.

"Swiss cheese instead of American," he'd say. The reply would be a chorus of groans and sighs and rolling eyes and "JESUS are you giving them a different menu?? Maybe that they think swiss cheese is on the menu. Tell them to order off the menu."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I guess they do have a reputation to uphold. Never seen anything more amusing than reading some of the threads on the culinary boards where my ex #2 posts, watching the chefs get into a prima-donna fight.

Yes, I was MARRIED to a chef. :( The overwhelming reaction of HIS friends, when we got divorced, was "OMG I can't believe you put up with that asshole for so long!"

We're friends, now. He's totally fun to hang out with, but holy shit. Chefs are so temperamental. Also he went back to school for a degree in geography, and then managed a restaurant, and now he's regional manager of a drugstore chain. I do not understand his career path.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dysnomia

Quote from: Cainad on July 02, 2008, 04:53:37 AM
Quote from: Dysnomia on July 02, 2008, 04:33:13 AM
I'm too lazy to build my food when I eat it so it's rare I'll order something "on the side".  Plus I like salad dressing and IMO building and tossing my own food is not worth the 10 calories I'll be saving because I eat a tiny bit less dressing.

So you'll just let the establishment put however much dressing they damn well please on your salad, and you'll eat it without the slightest bit of protest?

Why do you hate freedom?!

because I'm a terrorist  :lulz:  and not only am I a terrorist, I'm a salad dressing/sauce loving terrorist, which we all know is the worst kind.   :evil:
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Sjaantze, Harbinger of Distraction, almost ALWAYS orders special. It doesn't matter if we're at a 5 star restaurant or Taco Bell. The number of times that this had ended poorly for everyone concerned is beyond counting. Of course, even when she orders off the menu, they fuck up her order... I think her special orders have created bad restaurant karma.

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Adios

Quote from: Nigel on July 02, 2008, 06:41:29 PM
I guess they do have a reputation to uphold. Never seen anything more amusing than reading some of the threads on the culinary boards where my ex #2 posts, watching the chefs get into a prima-donna fight.

Yes, I was MARRIED to a chef. :( The overwhelming reaction of HIS friends, when we got divorced, was "OMG I can't believe you put up with that asshole for so long!"

We're friends, now. He's totally fun to hang out with, but holy shit. Chefs are so temperamental. Also he went back to school for a degree in geography, and then managed a restaurant, and now he's regional manager of a drugstore chain. I do not understand his career path.

A chefs ass is on the line every single day they go to work. How would you like to try to perfectly please a hundred people a night all with different tastes?

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

unless theres one ingredient i absolutely hate i never change anything because i dont want chefs in the back spitting on my food in anger :(

Dysnomia

I hate lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and pickles on my burgers so I usually just order them with the bun, sauce, meat, and cheese. 

Roo

I rarely order anything special, partly because I don't want to be a pain in the ass, and partly because I think they'll just screw it up. If there's an ingredient I don't like, I don't order the dish. Or I just take it out after I've been served. Half the time, it just doesn't occur to me that you can order things specially.  :roll:

Also, I dated a guy who was going to culinary school at the time...and the stories he'd tell...chefs aren't always just tempermental. I never realized what a high pressure job it was til then. But damn. I should've gotten his recipe for artichoke chicken before we split.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Dysnomia on July 03, 2008, 05:46:54 PM
I hate lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and pickles on my burgers so I usually just order them with the bun, sauce, meat, and cheese. 

:?

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Dysnomia

Quote from: triple zero on July 03, 2008, 08:45:21 PM

I know, I'm super lame and boring.  I eat my sandwiches the same way, without the produce.  Plus, I hate onions, tomatoes, and pickles in general.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Dysnomia on July 04, 2008, 05:56:22 AM
Quote from: triple zero on July 03, 2008, 08:45:21 PM

I know, I'm super lame and boring.  I eat my sandwiches the same way, without the produce.  Plus, I hate onions, tomatoes, and pickles in general.

are you allergic or do you just need to train your culinary senses somewhat?

in the second case, GET TO IT there's a WORLD of flavours awaiting you, you don't know half of it. break those culinary black iron prison bars, young lady!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.