News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

ATTN: everyone who eats in restaurants

Started by East Coast Hustle, June 26, 2008, 03:35:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: Cainad on July 09, 2008, 02:46:50 PM
Obnoxious little twit

I'm glad you didn't see the need to qualify that.

AFK

I'll admit, I've rarely paid more than 9$ for a meal.  But, then again, I live in fucking Maine.  It's not exactly a hub of culinary experiences.  ECH's restaurant excluded of course.   :D

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Sir Squid Diddimus

:mullet:
     \
yall has tu fergive my igernance sometimes.
i do has a suthern edukayshun so i dont always understand all the explerlitatives and conjugatorlies of sintinses n stuff. m'kay.

LMNO

Just what I expected from a chick from Florida.

Payne

I never eat at restaurants :(

But if I did, I wouldn't order the sauce on the side. I would probably just ask for something that sounded good, and ask for it to be prepared in whatever way the chef wanted.

Food poisoning, here we come  :p (I JOKE, I JOKE!)

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Cainad on July 07, 2008, 07:59:29 PM
Quote from: LMNO on July 07, 2008, 06:36:53 PM
Wait, what does food allergies have to do with asking for your sauce on the side?

I think the issue at hand is asking the restaurant, and particularly the chefs/cooks, to do something other than what is very specifically laid out by the menu.

you think incorrectly.

the issue is asking for the fucking sauce on the side. don't ask for the fucking sauce on the fucking side.

frankly, I could give a shit what you do with your salad or your burger. but when you order the fucking tournedos of beef that I get shipped up from our dedicated dry-aging room at Kinneally Meats in Boston, or the fresh lobster ravioli, or the goddamned 2" thick center cut lamb chops, DO NOT ORDER THE SAUCE ON THE FUCKING SIDE.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Nigel on July 08, 2008, 06:28:38 PM
Actually, having said that, I do fully support ECH's use of this board to vent about frustrations he can't really vent at work. I do not mean to say that I don't think this is a good place to blow off steam; quite the contrary. Vent away, ECH; I assume you do it here because you really CAN'T do it in the kitchen, and I appreciate that.

Motherfucking sauce on the side wanting bitches.

thank you for understanding.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on July 09, 2008, 05:17:47 PM
Wait, what does food allergies have to do with asking for your sauce on the side?

I think the issue at hand is asking the restaurant, and particularly the chefs/cooks, to do something other than what is very specifically laid out by the menu.

you think incorrectly.

I gotta be me. :p

Roo

you think incorrectly.

the issue is asking for the fucking sauce on the side. don't ask for the fucking sauce on the fucking side.

frankly, I could give a shit what you do with your salad or your burger. but when you order the fucking tournedos of beef that I get shipped up from our dedicated dry-aging room at Kinneally Meats in Boston, or the fresh lobster ravioli, or the goddamned 2" thick center cut lamb chops, DO NOT ORDER THE SAUCE ON THE FUCKING SIDE.
Not even EXTRA sauce on the side?

Sir Squid Diddimus

Dysnomia

It can be everything really, cream sauces?  People who are lactose intolerant are allergic to those, and sometimes the dish can be just as appropriate with the sauce on the side (so someone else can dip in it).  That's just one kind of allergy, there are also glutens which may or may not be present in a certain type of sauce (there was a boy at preschool who couldn't even touch them because they would eat away at his internal organs o.o), not to mention every kind of allergy under the sun.  Some people are allergic to weird shit, I risk a cold sore every time I have anything with any kind of citric acid in it (like lemon, orange, lime, anything tart really).  It's not life threatening, but it's kinda annoying, and sometimes painful to deal with. 

and LOL most of my food costs more than $12.99 when I go out to eat, and I've been to some really REALLY nice places for dinner. 

It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

BADGE OF HONOR

you think incorrectly.

Goddamn, all of that sounds good.  I would not get sauce on the side.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Roo on July 10, 2008, 01:15:56 AM

you think incorrectly.

I guess extra is OK. it's just not letting me put it on there at all that I have a problem with. and as far as allergies go: sorry, charlie, but if you've got a food allergy, ORDER SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T CONTAIN WHAT YOU'RE ALLERGIC TO. I'm pretty sensitive to that sort of thing (in a professional sense) and am often willing to go out of my way to make an off-the-menu dish to allergen-avoiding specifications if given advance notice. But don't walk in in the middle of a dinner rush and ask me to "make this one with no flour/onion/fish/milk/whatever". I've probably pre-prepared those dishes to the point where asking me that requires me to grab the raw ingredients and make one from scratch on the fly, and that really chaps my ass.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on July 10, 2008, 03:21:28 PM
Quote from: Roo on July 10, 2008, 01:15:56 AM

you think incorrectly.

I guess extra is OK. it's just not letting me put it on there at all that I have a problem with. and as far as allergies go: sorry, charlie, but if you've got a food allergy, ORDER SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T CONTAIN WHAT YOU'RE ALLERGIC TO. I'm pretty sensitive to that sort of thing (in a professional sense) and am often willing to go out of my way to make an off-the-menu dish to allergen-avoiding specifications if given advance notice. But don't walk in in the middle of a dinner rush and ask me to "make this one with no flour/onion/fish/milk/whatever". I've probably pre-prepared those dishes to the point where asking me that requires me to grab the raw ingredients and make one from scratch on the fly, and that really chaps my ass.

I think that's why people with food allergies just ask for the allergen-containing portion to not be touching the rest of it, if it's something that can reasonably just be put on a separate dish.

Most people, hanging out with their friends, don't plan that far ahead. They go "huh, what do you guys want to do for dinner?" and then there's a bit of brainstorming, and then "Hey I know, that one place! Do you think they'll have something you can eat?"

"Sure, probably... most places have SOMETHING I can eat, even if it means getting it without sauce or whatever."

"Oh, if you do that, can I have your sauce?"
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

Usually I get slapped when I ask my wife for her sauce in a restaurant. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.