News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

Indecision 08 Wingnut thread

Started by Cain, June 26, 2008, 05:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fomenter

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on July 28, 2008, 06:16:54 PM
Quote from: Cain on July 28, 2008, 11:16:15 AM
I dunno, the sort of people who listen to Savage Nation are precisely the sort of people I expect to be paranoid about black people in government at any time, and probably still think date rape isn't a crime.
I don't know.  I'd say that roughly half of his audience listens just so they can laugh at the old crotchety racist retard and feel better about themselves.  He's like the Jerry Springer of radio.

I still say that he's a fake though.

I have not heard savage say anything racist against blacks his #1 replacement host for a while was a black man . crotchety old opinionated and purposefully controversial are all true,  laugh worthy entertainment also true. his best schtick is the fact that he bashes on bush and neocons as much as liberals (unlike the shills orealy and Sean ) . his worst is  some  most of his rabid views on everything..
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Cain

He bashes on Bush the same way Goebbels bashed on Von Papen.

Also, Weiner (his real name, srsly) follows the well-travelled path of people who went too far to the left early in the life, and so instead of coming round to the centre, decided to pop round to the extremists on the other side.

And while he may not be racist, I have no doubt much of his audience is.

fomenter

Quote from: Cain on July 28, 2008, 06:59:21 PM
He bashes on Bush the same way Goebbels bashed on Von Papen.

Also, Weiner (his real name, srsly) follows the well-travelled path of people who went too far to the left early in the life, and so instead of coming round to the centre, decided to pop round to the extremists on the other side.

And while he may not be racist, I have no doubt much of his audience is.

Weiner (savage well chosen stage name) is undoubtedly an over the top extremist and one sided, his complaints about bush are rational if unfortunately diluted by his support of all things far right. I cant speak for the makeup of his audience but on the rare occasions i listen to him i do so for entertainment and exposure to a variety of views 
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

fomenter

also his shows format is carefully crafted i lean towards the "i think a lot of it is showmanship done to create buzz" view

hmroogp

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: fnord mote eris on July 28, 2008, 06:42:25 PM
Quote from: Iason Ouabache on July 28, 2008, 06:16:54 PM
Quote from: Cain on July 28, 2008, 11:16:15 AM
I dunno, the sort of people who listen to Savage Nation are precisely the sort of people I expect to be paranoid about black people in government at any time, and probably still think date rape isn't a crime.
I don't know.  I'd say that roughly half of his audience listens just so they can laugh at the old crotchety racist retard and feel better about themselves.  He's like the Jerry Springer of radio.

I still say that he's a fake though.

I have not heard savage say anything racist against blacks his #1 replacement host for a while was a black man . crotchety old opinionated and purposefully controversial are all true,  laugh worthy entertainment also true. his best schtick is the fact that he bashes on bush and neocons as much as liberals (unlike the shills orealy and Sean ) . his worst is  some  most of his rabid views on everything..
I was talking more about his view on Arabs and Hispanics than black people. Although, according to him racism doesn't exist anymore. And yes, him occasionally going after Bush is priceless.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

fomenter

I was commenting on the use of the word black in the quoted post . I doubt he is racist against Arabs or Hispanics either since there are left wing web sites that record and pore over the transcripts of every word he says and would call him on it in a second (this is also part of his showman ship ) he loves being missquoted or quoted out of context and called a racist then using it to create a big  fuss (controversy=ratings ). most of the stuff people belive about him i suspect fall into the (controversy=ratings ) category.

hmroogp

Cain

He's called Arabs "non-humans" before.  Sounds pretty racist to me.

fomenter

i could very well have missed it i don't follow that closely, based on the racist comments i have heard him called on he usually has said something like "any Arab fundamentalist fanatic" "Arab suicide bomber" etc he is pretty careful in how he words his inflammatory statements . as i mentioned creating a stink is his bread and butter (controversy = ratings) . he knows there are people who live to take him on and has made being misquoted a part of his show.

hmroogp

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

ITT we argue about political shock jocks.         :roll:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Cain

QuoteRight now, even people sitting on the fence would like George Bush to drop a nuclear weapon on an Arab country. They don't even care which one it would be. I can guarantee you -- I don't need to go to Mr. Schmuck [pollster John] Zogby and ask him his opinion. I don't need anyone's opinion. I'll give you my opinion, because I got a better stethoscope than those fools. It's one man's opinion based upon my own analysis. The most -- I tell you right now -- the largest percentage of Americans would like to see a nuclear weapon dropped on a major Arab capital. They don't even care which one. They'd like an indiscriminate use of a nuclear weapon. They want this over with. One thing people cannot live with, which is an undefined, limitless conflict, which is what we have now. They can't take it. They want this war over with, and they want it ended like the war against Japan. They'd like Big Boy dropped on one of the little cities over there. They don't care where. They don't care any more. The American people have had it up to here with this garbage.

In fact, Christianity has been one of the great salvations on planet Earth. It's what's necessary in the Middle East. Others have written about it, I think these people need to be forcibly converted to Christianity but I'll get here a little later, I'll move up to that. It's the only thing that can probably turn them into human beings.

I'm going to give you one further example from my background as an anthropologist just so that you -- I'm trying to put context on this because you can go crazy if you don't have the context on this, because I'm going to lead up to something of what we must do to these primitives. Because these primitives can only be treated in one way, and I don't think smallpox and a blanket is good enough incidentally. Just before -- I'm going to give you a little precursor to where I'm going. Smallpox in a blanket, which the U.S. Army gave to the Cherokee Indians on their long march to the West, was nothing compared to what I'd like to see done to these people, just so you understand that I'm not going to be too intellectual about my analysis here in terms of what I would recommend, what Doc Savage recommends as an antidote to this kind of poison coming out of the Middle East from these non-humans.

No caveats there.  Its about Arabs, full stop.

QuotePresident Bush should declare: Middle Eastern immigrants can no longer leave America without a thorough examination by the FBI. You come in nice and easy, and we didn't say a word. But you're not getting out. That's all. You want to leave? Go to the FBI. We'll let you out in a few years.

QuoteMaybe you think I'm paranoid when I say we must not allow immigrants to come here and impose their cultural-trappings on us, rather than respect the American culture. Fine. You're entitled to be wrong. The next time you're in your backyard grilling hot dogs, don't be surprised if your Korean neighbor is actually grilling his dog. That's the way things are done in Korea

QuoteWe need racist stereotypes right now of our enemy in order to encourage our warriors to kill the enemy

QuoteYou open the door to them, and the next thing you know, they [immigrants] are defecating on your country and breeding out of control

QuoteWith the [Latino] population that has emerged, since they breed like rabbits, in many cases the whites will become a minority in their own nation... The white people don't breed as often for whatever reason. I guess many homosexuals are involved. That is also part of the grand plan, to push homosexuality to cut down on the white race

Quote from: Media MattersDiscussing student volunteers distributing food to the homeless in San Francisco, Savage declared that "the girls from Branson [school] can go in and maybe get raped... because they seem to like the excitement of it. There's always the thrill and possibility they'll be raped in a dumpster while giving out a turkey sandwich"

Quote from: The Financial TimesMichael Savage stands out because he makes so little attempt to hide his bigoted views on blacks, Jews, Puerto Ricans or anybody else he doesn't like.

He has described the Chinese as "little devils" who should be nuked by the US. He once said Chinese-Americans who refuse to sign loyalty oaths should be sent to internment camps.

[...]

"Go back to Brooklyn!" he shouts in a nasally twang as he reads out a news story about a lawyer with a Jewish name, June Stein, who prosecuted an Alaskan man for dousing peace protesters with water while his son was fighting in Iraq.

And that was just on a quick search

Cain

Quote from: Ratatosk on July 28, 2008, 11:25:21 PM

Hey, he's only got the third biggest radio show in America, and an audience who seems are not too nuanced in their worldview.  What could go wrong?

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on July 28, 2008, 11:27:36 PM

Hey, he's only got the third biggest radio show in America, and an audience who seems are not too nuanced in their worldview.  What could go wrong?

ROFL, I know... I don't know which is worse... that intelligent people take him seriously, or the jabbering masses take him seriously. When I was in school for Broadcasting, we had a short study on the 'new' political shock jock as a show style. Our instructor thought that they would peter out, because it was so obvious. Boy, was he wrong.

fomenter

based on those quotes he is far less careful than i would have expected from what i have heard him say ...
political shock jock is a good description of what he does ..
i wonder what percentage of the audience take him seriously ?

what could go wrong  ?

hmroogp

Cain

Quote from: Ratatosk on July 28, 2008, 11:30:09 PM

ROFL, I know... I don't know which is worse... that intelligent people take him seriously, or the jabbering masses take him seriously. When I was in school for Broadcasting, we had a short study on the 'new' political shock jock as a show style. Our instructor thought that they would peter out, because it was so obvious. Boy, was he wrong.

Well thats the problem.

A well educated, economically secure population would laugh off Savage as a crank and a lunatic, and he'd have to go back to writing books about healthy balanced diets or whatever it was he used to do.  It was something like that.

But when you're job is being outsourced to China, and you're being told every day that its all your fault for not trying hard enough, and then some blowhard comes on the radio and lies about how illegal immigrants are being welcomed with money and free homes, all while shitting over the country and bringing in diseases, or how the Middle East is filled with American-hating lunatics who want to convert America to a Caliphate and you don't know any better, since your teacher was more interested in making the case for the Bible being the foundational document of civilization than teaching actual history, and how the liberals at home are saying we shouldn't all lock them up....

in that sort of climate, people like Savage do thrive.  Its the same deal with Rush Limbaugh.  They take very extreme views, strip them of their most obvious wingnuttery, and introduce them into the mainstream.  And people don't bother to debunk them because "they're cranks who no-one really believes", or, even better, they claim people like this balance out people like Noam Chomsky and Michael Moore (not that I especially like either, but thats like saying Adolf Hitler balances out Ramsey MacDonald).  And so the right moves to a gradually more radical position, and thats how nutters like the Freepers or ex-Constitution Party nativists can drive policy decisions.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on July 28, 2008, 11:41:05 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on July 28, 2008, 11:30:09 PM

Well thats the problem.

A well educated, economically secure population would laugh off Savage as a crank and a lunatic, and he'd have to go back to writing books about healthy balanced diets or whatever it was he used to do.  It was something like that.

But when you're job is being outsourced to China, and you're being told every day that its all your fault for not trying hard enough, and then some blowhard comes on the radio and lies about how illegal immigrants are being welcomed with money and free homes, all while shitting over the country and bringing in diseases, or how the Middle East is filled with American-hating lunatics who want to convert America to a Caliphate and you don't know any better, since your teacher was more interested in making the case for the Bible being the foundational document of civilization than teaching actual history, and how the liberals at home are saying we shouldn't all lock them up....

in that sort of climate, people like Savage do thrive.  Its the same deal with Rush Limbaugh.  They take very extreme views, strip them of their most obvious wingnuttery, and introduce them into the mainstream.  And people don't bother to debunk them because "they're cranks who no-one really believes", or, even better, they claim people like this balance out people like Noam Chomsky and Michael Moore (not that I especially like either, but thats like saying Adolf Hitler balances out Ramsey MacDonald).  And so the right moves to a gradually more radical position, and thats how nutters like the Freepers or ex-Constitution Party nativists can drive policy decisions.

Yep, of course, the radio political shock jock is quickly being replaced by the Bloggers... the downside is that while Savage and Limbaugh KNOW that they're jerking off for ratings... the Bloggers actually seem to believe their own shit... and create internet feedback loops to reinforce it. LGF, pajamasmedia etc